I can't customise my Neopets!!!

Lady Lyuba

Every time I try, Flash keeps crashing, no matter WHAT I do!! I mean it always crashes the FIRST time I try and load the thing, but here, it keeps crashing no matter how many times I refresh.

I see nobody will provide me with an answer. Well, then what do I do?

That must be really annoying for you,

Im no technical wiz but in your position I think I would see if there is an updated version of flash available which might help.

Next I would probably try googling 'flash crashes' or' flash keeps crashing' that should at least give you some clues and things you can try from others who have the same issue

There is a computers and programming forum on here and I expect the techy types there would have a good idea of how to help you so I would consider asking there as they might not have seen it here

If after all of that you are no better off I would send a ticket to TNT

hope you get it sorted

Join the club, I can't either.

I suspect I still have too many items in my closet for it to load properly.

There is only one solution that worked for me, and you might not like it. I downgraded flash to a version offered in summer 2012 and could load my main account closet. I did that on a secondary computer, so I just boot that one whenever I want to re-customize my pets.

So it's affecting everybody right now? I suppose I should take a lot of items out of my closet, maybe then I'll be able to do it. Or close out of EVERYTHING except that one page, maybe it needs a ton of memory? And send a ticket to TNT about this....

And Xepha, I don't have a secondary computer. All I have is this one. Also, how is it possible to downgrade Flash!? I thought out of date Flash players didn't work.

Also, like they said, if your closet is very filled up, get some stuff you won't use out and put them in your SDB. The loading should go faster and maybe it will help with your problem.

I've had it a while back too, when I clicked customize it started loading and then nothing happened, reloading didn't help either. It was like that for a few weeks but somehow it's fixed now. I have no idea what fixed it. Didn't up or downgrade anything, didn't start using a different browser or pc so it could have been something completely different.

It's been like that for me for well over a year now. I cannot customize on my main at all; I have to use a secondary (Windows) computer. I even got a new apple computer and the results were the same.

Even so, customizing on Windows always brings on Flash crashing until I refresh 15-ish times before it finally works.

Also, like they said, if your closet is very filled up, get some stuff you won't use out and put them in your SDB. The loading should go faster and maybe it will help with your problem.

I've had it a while back too, when I clicked customize it started loading and then nothing happened, reloading didn't help either. It was like that for a few weeks but somehow it's fixed now. I have no idea what fixed it. Didn't up or downgrade anything, didn't start using a different browser or pc so it could have been something completely different.

Mine did this for 2 of my pets, but not the third. I sent a ticket about it, and TNT said they knew it was an issue, but they had no idea what was causing it -- but it was pet-associated, not necessarily computer-. It did it on my third pet recently, but thankfully restarting my browser made it work again. I tried it on the other two, and they had also been fixed at some point. Both times I sent in tickets, TNT changed my pets' clothes for me, which they seemed to think would help them get unstuck.

(If you have the never-loading issue for some, but not all, pets, you can enter customization with the working pet and then choose "preset" at the top and change pets in the pop-up window to access the non-working pets.)

• 1 month later...

Even after closing out of EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING and just having the Customisation page open, I still cannot customise my pets. I even removed hundreds of items from my Closet. I have no secondary computer, so they'll be stuck in their Halloween costumes forever. WHY does this have to happen? I used to have no problem customising my pets, I could just have to refresh only ONCE!!

Did you try another browser? That might help too. Also, make sure you didn't change anything that might have caused it. (installed add-ons/ Updates that mess up with it.)

If it's not working on other browsers either you could still try to send in a ticket.

Did you try another browser? That might help too. Also, make sure you didn't change anything that might have caused it. (installed add-ons/ Updates that mess up with it.)

If it's not working on other browsers either you could still try to send in a ticket.

Chrome updates all the time, so maybe Chrome can no longer handle customisation anymore. I don't know when the update happened (most likely around mid to late September when it forced me to update again), but when it did, it no longer supported whatever allowed me to customise my pets. I wanna downgrade Chrome to how it was back in September before this happened. Why doesn't Chrome support customisation anymore? It's a hassle to log out, log back in, and switch browsers every time I want to customise my pets!! I also won't be able to find WHAT caused Chrome to stop supporting whatever is in the Customisation thingy. I am not a computer programmer nor a computer scientist or expert.

It SORT OF works in Firefox but barely moves. Chrome was faster - when it USED TO WORK!!!! I want Chrome do handle Customisation again!!

If TNT said in a ticket you have too many items, I recommend taking out even more. Take out all of the out-of-season things, or things you don't use often. If you have items in mind you want to use that are in your SDB, you can swap them out when you need to.

That's what I do and mine works fine. I use Chrome, fully updated, and I only have issues when I have several other flash things running, like Habi. Then it just takes a couple refreshes. In FF, I can rarely get it to load. I have about 420 items in my closet.

If TNT said in a ticket you have too many items, I recommend taking out even more. Take out all of the out-of-season things, or things you don't use often. If you have items in mind you want to use that are in your SDB, you can swap them out when you need to.

That's what I do and mine works fine. I use Chrome, fully updated, and I only have issues when I have several other flash things running, like Habi. Then it just takes a couple refreshes. In FF, I can rarely get it to load. I have about 420 items in my closet.

I thought Customisation was now incompatible with Chrome. What, 420 items in your main closet? On Chrome?

Anyway, I have already sent one ticket. Nothing they said was helpful. I sent another one complaining about how Chrome no longer works with Customisation and what could be wrong or preventing Chrome from accessing it anymore.

i suggest taking out even more as well

it depends a bit on your computer, but most people get it to load at under 300 items these days, mine i had to get it below 100 to get it to load, i know of one user who can get it to load at 800 items but i think thats very uncommon.

as its was a silly thing to just have only 100 items (still can't remove paintbrush items which doesn't help) i now only put in the items i need to change the customisation in my closet, and just use Dress to Impress to keep track of all my clothing items, their wardrobe section is excellent,

i have about 1500+ items, so the closet limit borked for me ages ago, i just keep them in my Safety Deposit Box.

the closet issue is well known on the Customisation/NC boards but there is no solution, other than to remove as many items as you can to find out your own limit, use a few different browsers until you find the one that works for you, i use firefox, safari or IE depending on the computer, now my closet is below 100 items, it works in all of them, and chrome (but i don't use chrome very often)

Items: 327 | Qty: 332 | Page: 1

This is my closet size as of today, and things are loading now. :)

So go with the flow, remove all items you never cared about from your closet and you should be good to go.

Items: 327 | Qty: 332 | Page: 1

This is my closet size as of today, and things are loading now. :)

So go with the flow, remove all items you never cared about from your closet and you should be good to go.

I remember when the limit was the same for EVERYONE and was at least 650. But it seems all computers and browsers have their own personal limit and the limit varies from person to person. Can TNT even fix this? At least two months ago I had over 750 items in my closet and it STILL loaded perfectly. I don't know what caused this change, I think it's Chrome's fault.

When Shockwave Flash is about to crash, I usually will get a notice saying it isn't responding. But when I load my closet (in Chrome) it just all crashes without a single warning. I can SORT OF get it to work in Firefox, but it all moves REALLY SLOWLY. The less wearables (and NC wearables) I have on my pet when customising, the faster it goes, (in Firefox, again) so I had to deal with everything responding very slowly to get all five of them ready for the holidays. Took well over an hour to possibly an hour and 30 minutes, whereas on Chrome it used to be only between 20 or 30 minutes.

I wonder if my closet will still load even if I take out EVERYTHING. (except what my pets are wearing that is).

Hey, 650 closet limit, some good you did! They're all crashing far below 650 now!!!