Web features you WISH Neopets had!

darkestfairy56

:questionmark: My focused feature, should there be a toy box feature? :questionmark:

It seems with Neopia growing there have been many features added (lol I remember when the TCG first came out). Not that its unexpected, a new plot unravels, a new land is discovered, and features get added (Space Station Coins, Maractite Coins). :P Even item features for things as basic as sea shells and charms. SooooOOOOoooo whats brought me to this subject is that I've accumulated allot of toys to play with my Neopets and I love to collect them for them <3 . At this point some of you may be thinking just make a gallery BUT 1. I'm already going with certain items and themes in my gallery. 2. If I put them in my gallery I can't easily play with my pets the way I can when they're in my basic inventory. So for now they primarily reside in my SDB until I take them out to play. :questionmark: With that said I was wondering if anyone else thought similar or had any other features you wish Neopets had! (lol or would improve on!) :questionmark:

darkestfairy56

I'd really like it if there was a custom category in the SDB for items you don't want to remove. I don't know how many times I've been stocking my shop and accidentally stocked an item I don't want to sell or tried to stock a no trade item.

I'd really like it if there was a custom category in the SDB for items you don't want to remove. I don't know how many times I've been stocking my shop and accidentally stocked an item I don't want to sell or tried to stock a no trade item.

This! Maybe customisable "folders" you could put things in. I normally hold onto event prizes for at least a year, sometimes longer, and I would prefer not to have to go through them all to find a regular item that was released at the the same time.

This! Maybe customisable "folders" you could put things in. I normally hold onto event prizes for at least a year, sometimes longer, and I would prefer not to have to go through them all to find a regular item that was released at the the same time.

Oh that would be so great! Just like the gallery where you can make your own groups/categories!

I would also like to see a few more ways to sort the things in the SDB. Like alphabetized for example instead of by release/item number.

And the same for the list of books your pet has read, it's so hard to keep track of the read books now.

I guess I just like to organize things in my own way. :p

I'd really like it if there was a custom category in the SDB for items you don't want to remove. I don't know how many times I've been stocking my shop and accidentally stocked an item I don't want to sell or tried to stock a no trade item.I would love if you could make folders or have a few blank ones you could re-name like web browser bookmarks. The SDB could definitely be improved on. I don't go out of my way to get avatars but I kind of want the pack rat one :P but I cant even imagine how hard it will be to search through my SDB the more items I "pack" lol.

I totally agree! Sometimes I like to keep rare or pricey Birthday or advent calender items. I too keep a great deal of items for my shop in my SDB :thumbsup:. I'm stocking up for a bigger store and grand opening but that's not going to be for a while. It becomes a problem when trying to look up items and not knowing any of the key search words XD. Either way, I like to organize my own way too but the SDB doesn't give much to work with.

I would love if you could make folders or have a few blank ones you could re-name like web browser bookmarks. The SDB could definitely be improved on. I don't go out of my way to get avatars but I kind of want the pack rat one :P but I cant even imagine how hard it will be to search through my SDB the more items I "pack" lol.

I'd love to see something like a "Weapon Chest," which would be similar to the closet feature, but for equipping BD items. That way, you could quickly swap out between weapons without having to risk leaving extremely expensive things in your inventory.

:medieval:

As far as the BD I don't really train or fight but I see what you mean. It sounds similar to my "Toy Box" idea because the SDB bunches so many item categories together the gallery, closet, equipment ect. aren't enough.

Hhmmm...I wonder what features/improvements the next neohome version will have...the overlapping vs. the angle turning drives me crazy :weird: lol.

I wish that for games where they keep the state of the game on their servers, they would give each page a sort of "game state ID", so that if try to do something via that page and that page is out-of-date, they could detect it and give you an error message instead of causing random things to happen.

Examples:
Pyramids (sometimes you click on the draw deck twice on the same page, and it actually causes two draws.)
Sahkmet Solitaire (same as Pyramids)
Habitarium (you can permanently break your game by having your client state be inconsistent with the server state)
Neoquest (though actually, it's convenient being able to move more than one square at a time)
Plushie Tycoon (sometimes you think you have more money than you do... this is especially bad since the pages don't always show you your latest cash on hand correctly)

As mentioned earlier I would love to be able to section off my safety deposit box, into junk items Im saving for getting the avatar, books Im keeping to sell one of these days, cute things I just like to have but dont want on display in my gallery, gifts that people have given me etc

I would also like to be able to add a note to items in the SDB for example I might add a note about what I paid for it, or what I bought it for - to get an avatar or feed to a pet or send to a friend on their birthday etc. It would also be interesting to know when I added the item to my SDB.

Im not sure if it is a webfeature but I wish there was some way of knowing if TNT were making any progress on things they have said they are going to improve/update. A simple filling bar with rough estimate of work to be done would be at least something so we know if anyone is actually even working on something ..for example Defenders of neopia

I wish Neopets would add in more wearable clothing for all species of pets.

THIS. I absolutely agree.

I would also like to see either more zones added (example, 1 for wigs and another for hats), or maybe a Premium feature or something that allows 2 items per zone.

omg Kris i do too! im always paranoid i accidently mispelled something or posted a not so great word -.- but im usually multitasking.the only thing i really have wanted recently is a neopets mobile though,my kids would love it and i could totally earn np while being at the doctors office waiting haha

I agree the SDB needs some work. Weren't TNT planning on rolling out changes to it? I have a vague recollection of an editorial or something that mentioned that the inventory revamp was part of a series of housekeeping changes they had planned.

I would love it if there was a separate section for inventory items that are being auctioned or traded, or are otherwise unavailable. We can't do anything with them, they count towards out 50 item max and they clutter up the inventory screen. Its kind of difficult to keep track of what is actually usable in my inventory when a single item can be buried in items I don't actually have access to.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just wish some battledome items were wearable :P

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just wish some battledome items were wearable :P

TNT has been thinking about how to make that a possibility- they just want to find a way to make items you have equipped also show up in your closet so you don't have to buy two of the same weapon, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much agree with all the awesome suggestions posted above me, especially: SDB needs the option to section it off, so it can be organizable and we do really need more multi-pet wearbale items! I also like the idea of a phone app, even though I don't actually have a mobile phone (don't need one). I'm not sure if this is a web thing, but I really wish they would keep the NP to pt ratio consistent; Many of my favourite games have become pointless to play because the neopoints won is soo low now, like Sakhamet Pyramids :(

• 1 month later...

:questionmark: My focused feature, should there be a toy box feature? :questionmark:

It seems with Neopia growing there have been many features added (lol I remember when the TCG first came out). Not that its unexpected, a new plot unravels, a new land is discovered, and features get added (Space Station Coins, Maractite Coins). :P Even item features for things as basic as sea shells and charms. SooooOOOOoooo whats brought me to this subject is that I've accumulated allot of toys to play with my Neopets and I love to collect them for them <3 . At this point some of you may be thinking just make a gallery BUT 1. I'm already going with certain items and themes in my gallery. 2. If I put them in my gallery I can't easily play with my pets the way I can when they're in my basic inventory. So for now they primarily reside in my SDB until I take them out to play. :questionmark: With that said I was wondering if anyone else thought similar or had any other features you wish Neopets had! (lol or would improve on!) :questionmark:

darkestfairy56

Oh and a library would be kinda kool too! For all the books I'm pack ratting for the avatar and my big shop opening someday. lol

I also agree with everyone a mobile app would be super kool as would multi-pet wearables.

I pretty much agree with all the awesome suggestions posted above me, especially: SDB needs the option to section it off, so it can be organizable and we do really need more multi-pet wearbale items! I also like the idea of a phone app, even though I don't actually have a mobile phone (don't need one). I'm not sure if this is a web thing, but I really wish they would keep the NP to pt ratio consistent; Many of my favourite games have become pointless to play because the neopoints won is soo low now, like Sakhamet Pyramids :(

Not sure if the game ratio thing is a feature really but I know exactly what your talking about with that exact game! XD I think TNT does it to keep us on our toes and so we all don't all abuse the same games all at once getting 1000np scores. =/

1. A way to keep Neomails longer than 90 days.

2. A way to explore Neopets from a first person pov. I think that would be amazing. It would be really difficult to make, but it would be worth it.

3. A way to link accounts together, so you don't have to log into multiple browsers or log in and out to take care of pets, zap them, add to galleries and all the other things you need to do on side accounts.

4. Easier way to transfer NC to side accounts. Please. I like my box number high. Plus, I have no way of transfering the items back to my main account.

5. When you get a notification from TNT, if it's not a warning/silencing, have it be a different picture. It always freaks me out. Is that supposed to be part of the fun?

6. I know this would be really hard to put in place, but a specific board just for the older users, where the rules are less strict. TNT already knows my full name (sans middle name) and address. I'm fine with them knowing little things like my height, weight and that I'm a heart donor.

7. Have a way to remove clothes (when customizing) from the closets page, so you don't have to click over to the applied page and thus loose where you were and have to scroll through all of it.

8. A page like the editorials, but updated 3-4 times a week.

1. A way to keep Neomails longer than 90 days.

2. A way to explore Neopets from a first person pov. I think that would be amazing. It would be really difficult to make, but it would be worth it.

3. A way to link accounts together, so you don't have to log into multiple browsers or log in and out to take care of pets, zap them, add to galleries and all the other things you need to do on side accounts.

4. Easier way to transfer NC to side accounts. Please. I like my box number high. Plus, I have no way of transfering the items back to my main account.

5. When you get a notification from TNT, if it's not a warning/silencing, have it be a different picture. It always freaks me out. Is that supposed to be part of the fun?

6. I know this would be really hard to put in place, but a specific board just for the older users, where the rules are less strict. TNT already knows my full name (sans middle name) and address. I'm fine with them knowing little things like my height, weight and that I'm a heart donor.

7. Have a way to remove clothes (when customizing) from the closets page, so you don't have to click over to the applied page and thus loose where you were and have to scroll through all of it.

8. A page like the editorials, but updated 3-4 times a week.

There already is. ;) A normal message is the same as all other neomail messages- an envelope. A warning is a red exclamation mark.

Doesn't help me though- I still panic when I see it's from TNT. But still, they have done that.

Much agreement about linking sides and NC transfer between them though!

If Neopets can change the site into a virtual world like meez where you can actually talk to hundreds of other people in the same room with your pet and I am not talking about forums, I mean like webkinz.

And the neomail is so out dated and old, it looks like the old AOL mail. Please upgrade the whole site and stop being lazy.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There already is. ;) A normal message is the same as all other neomail messages- an envelope. A warning is a red exclamation mark.

Doesn't help me though- I still panic when I see it's from TNT. But still, they have done that.

Much agreement about linking sides and NC transfer between them though!

Ah, okay. I never noticed that there was a difference.

If Neopets can change the site into a virtual world like meez where you can actually talk to hundreds of other people in the same room with your pet and I am not talking about forums, I mean like webkinz.

\

No. I would not like that.

I've been on sites like that, and it is just a mass of chaos. There are so many people there that you don't always know who is saying what. Plus, it's difficult to copy and paste things so you can reply to someone directly, plus, what you says disappears right after you say it, which is not good for fast typers and slow readers. Plus, i like being able to go back and see what other people have said.

And the neomail is so out dated and old, it looks like the old AOL mail. Please upgrade the whole site and stop being lazy.

Not updating something doesn't make them lazy. Especially if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding the mobile app and for Habitarium, I would love both a way to interact with multiple items/petpets at once (i.e, deleting multiple buildings or eggs in the bag at one time). I love the money I make on habi but I have a hard time doing the same thing over and over again just to clear out some of my Mootix soldier eggs.