Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

Welp, this isn't going so well so far! It's rather fun, though - lol @ another Supernatural reference. GHOST CHASERS~!

TIcGvD0.png

TXn35rv.png

You burst in and find a team of rival ghost hunters. Kell and Corbin seem familiar with these fellows, and not in a friendly way. They're the Ghoul Catchers! It turns out they're not here to find the monster, though. They're mopping up a mess caused by followers of Nox. Still, they do owe Kell and Corbin for that time with the street lamps...

You are cursed with Curse of Apathy!

You make a note to ask Kell and Corbin about it sometime, when they're less grumpy.

Less of a challenge, more of how much stuff you can lift. Do not fear the unknown. Take everything that isn't nailed down!

Note: some curses are actually beneficial, like Foresight, which lets you cheat the next room, or in other cases, will actually block other curses from happening.

However, YOU want the Kleptomania curse, which lets you sneak away one additional item from your sack of wonders, and boy, you will want that extra spot cause these loots are sweeeeeeet

(please do pricecheck your swags, an efficient raider is a happy raider)

the barrel roll curse is just silly

I see this on the neoboards:

hoarse voices- stomp feet

talking about weather or luggage- open door boisterously

arguing- take sides

unearthly moan- knock politely

rhyming in couplets- burst in violently

loud chanting- hum

And it helps me a lot

I see this on the neoboards:

hoarse voices- stomp feet

talking about weather or luggage- open door boisterously

arguing- take sides

unearthly moan- knock politely

rhyming in couplets- burst in violently

loud chanting- hum

And it helps me a lot

I've been trying that but I can't see that it is helping me - I'm mostly just getting cursed and then eating my own prizes?

Trial and error, I guess.

EDIT: when i didn't use it on level one i got 2 prizes. When I used it level 2 I got a choice of at least 12. That's hard to argue with.

3 prices to pick after floor 1

2 prices after floor 2

and only 1 price after floor 3 :sad02:

Have to wait 6 hours now before I can go deeper.

I got Xweetok Ice Breakers boo_xweetok_icebreaker.gif and Dark Eyes the Aisha boo_aisha_eyesdark.gif. Seems to be missing in the price list in the guide.

I've gotten Curse of Mystery, which wasn't listed at the bottom of the guide, so I thought I'd add it in here. It seems to not do anything, at least not yet. If I hover over the curse it says "You feel sort of tingly and whammish, but you're not sure why." Whatever that means, lol. Also, Curse of Fatigue hasn't done anything to me yet, but it does have a timer counting down from 12m and some odd seconds.

Edit: Discovered Curse of the Pant Devil, which caused me to lose the charm I had gotten in an earlier room :(

2nd Edit: Curse of Sarcasm - hasn't done anything yet, but is listed along the side and has a 3 in brackets beside it.

3rd Edit: Alright, so Curse of Fatigue catches up with you at the end of the floor - it stops you from moving on till the time runs out on it.

4th Edit: Curse of Narcolepsy - causes your screen to darken except for an eye shaped section that opens and closes like you're drowsy.

5th Edit: Curse of Barrel Roll - makes your screen twist around like Google does if you type in the search bar "do a barrel roll"

6th Edit: I've been able to keep three of the treasure so far (I only just finished the 2nd floor and am now stuck waiting for Curse of Fatigue to count down).

I got Curse of Inversion (not listed in the guide):

Your knock goes unanswered for a long moment before it is reluctantly opened. You have come upon a circle of cultists all reading the same book. You must have interrupted a book club meeting. When one inquires if any of you have read the book, The Art of Brainwashing, you admit you haven't. They shrug and send a curse flying at you.

You are cursed with Curse of Inversion!

Chapter Six, you are told. You should at least read Chapter Six if you are going to come to book club.
It made my screen go upside down :laughingsmiley:

I've also had Curse of Inversion, the screen does indeed go upside down. I got to keep 3 out of 15 prizes on the first floor, and 2 out of something like 7 on the second floor. Now I'm waiting on Curse of Fatigue >.<

I forgot to copy the list of prizes on the second floor, but I definitely got a few prizes which aren't in the guide yet:

Snot my Fault

Seti

Bikiwan

Vanilla Ghost Cake

Collectable Cards

That Fruit Basket You Forgot About

Jacket Potato with Chicken Wings

Learning To Sing Notes

The Hidden Temple

Battle Bones

(will be editing as I go ~ cursed for awhile)

Curse of Clobbering appears to make you unable to enter rooms quietly. The next door I attempted to enter using the quiet option, but it didn't work/said that I attempt to knock quietly was clumsy and loud.

Curse of Meepitude next ?# of rooms all have meepits in them. Wore off after 2 for me the first time, 1 time the second time I got it.

Icons/alt text:

curse_204_12946d583e.pngCurse of Apathy "Curses? Really? You're so done with those. You can't be bother to notice the next one."

curse_302_3469155aee.pngCurse of Clobbering "RAWR! You feel like punching something.You don't have time to be gentle or polite." (3)

curse_304_1326326311.png Curse of Clumsiness "You feel your limbs getting heavy and awkward. No Dancing for you."

curse_104_275a0bb3f3.pngCurse of Distraction "You realise the archaeological significance of this find. Treasure is no longer important."

curse_105_98b2425e19.pngCurse of Fatigue "You want to pull over at the next rest stop. Evil lairs have rest stops, right?"

curse_301_001e4c664c.pngCurse of Feebleness "Your strength ebbs, leaving you wimpy. You probably don't want to fight right now" (3)

curse_202_8cd80397a3.pngCurse of Foresight "You can see everything! The future is in your grasp! It's... oh, wait. It's just the next room."

curse_201_3b41b7ab42.pngCurse of Kleptomania "You find yourself slyly nabbing extra treasure. It's like you can't help yourself."

curse_107_c5df729274.pngCurse of Lethargy "You're ready for naptime. Unfortunately, naptime is a long way off." (3)

curse_108_2c064c333e.pngCurse of Longevity "You feel your curses settling in, like a Meowclops getting cosy in your lap." (3)

curse_109_08361a1e74.pngCurse of Meepitude "You saw a flash of pink go by. Something is watching you..."

curse_110_7a1b6ccdbb.pngCurse of Mystery "You feel sort of tingy and whammish, but you're not sure why." (3) (what does whammish mean?)

curse_111_925b6c51d1.pngCurse of Narcolepsy "Huh? Whuzzah? You must have fallen asleep asleezzzzzzzz..."

curse_112_eb4138a329.pngCurse of Shrinkage "Are the walls closing in? You've got a bad feeling about this." (3)

curse_113_4e3b73cfc3.pngCurse of Snow "You know nothing." (5)

curse_115_e53ff483c5.pngCurse of Tyranu Evavu "TYRANU EVAVU." (3)

--

Item(s) not on list:

Food -

grf_groundbeefsmores.gif

Ground Beef Smores

Book -

boo_ele_stripe.gifboo_origami_warf.gif

Striped Elephante Pop-Up Book The History of the Origami Warf

Edited by CheeseStorm

ugh been at this maze since this morning...it clearly doesnt like me...gota wait 6 hours now :( so far wings and horns from NC event...really want the wig though! :-p

this is kind of fun, not the whole waiting part though ... to me it looks like the more curses you have the longer you have to wait when you get to the next level. That is just what I think though, anyone else?

The first time it was only like 15 minutes, second time it was almost an hour (but I had a ton of other curses too).

I can't advance to the 3rd floor...is that normal for everyone right now?? I keep getting a popup when choosing my prizes that something went wrong and to reload..

EDIT: Maybe it's because I have to wait an hour and a half...we shall see =/

EDIT #2: I went on Firefox (was using I.E.) and it made it to where my inverted curse was actually there (everything was upside down) and I had a choice of 3 items this time...not 2... and it went through...maybe I.E. isn't the best thing to use for it???

"With that many curses, I'm impressed you can move! Take a rest, my friend."
Got to wait 1:23min now *Sighs*