Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

I don't see it as good news that it is going to end, I see it as bad news that we have to put up with this for another day.

Strangely, Snorkle syrup is still worth saving, as is the Xw book. There are going to be so many scarabs on the market, and books flooding the market. I think I got three zombie Farns.about

On second thought, the news was actually.

"30th October

Have you caught a glimpse of the monster while searching The Perilous Catacombs? Surely it must mean we are getting close! Very close. Like, perhaps you want to get as many floors in as you can before tomorrow ends. We're not psychic or anything. Just sayin'."
So, as the hint dated 30th day of October says get in as many as you can before tomorrow, do you go by the actual posting date of the 29th or the official date of posting? They way I would read this, is this kanantai (I hope you can't find out what that word means on google) thing is going to go through the end of October 31. Aaaaaaargh.

I don't see it as good news that it is going to end, I see it as bad news that we have to put up with this for another day.

Strangely, Snorkle syrup is still worth saving, as is the Xw book. There are going to be so many scarabs on the market, and books flooding the market. I think I got three zombie Farns.about

On second thought, the news was actually.

"30th October

Have you caught a glimpse of the monster while searching The Perilous Catacombs? Surely it must mean we are getting close! Very close. Like, perhaps you want to get as many floors in as you can before tomorrow ends. We're not psychic or anything. Just sayin'."
So, as the hint dated 30th day of October says get in as many as you can before tomorrow, do you go by the actual posting date of the 29th or the official date of posting? They way I would read this, is this kanantai (I hope you can't find out what that word means on google) thing is going to go through the end of October 31. Aaaaaaargh.

Nope, they mean it's gonna end tomorrow (30th) at 11:59 pm NST. October 31st will no longer have the catacombs, as is my understanding.

I am at level 118 but I still have not gotten all the prizes!!!! (still missing Sporkle Syrup and Spotted Red Collectable Scarab)

Yes I am keeping track. :laughingsmiley:

I hope I get a few more books by the end of the event.

I have to wait 30 more minutes to play again.

Has anyone found the monster? I was just leaving a level when it popped up with...

"Oh! You actually found the monster. You were beginning to think it found an invisible paint brush or something else dastardly. The poor thing doesn't look very violent right now. It's puttering about with what appears to be an old plushie.

Edit: I picked the first option and it just gives you the option to play the melody then says to be continued...

I just got it too! & I chose to throw a rock at its head xD

My page went blank, refreshed (with what seemed to be a RE about the fire faerie giving me an Eventide petpet p/b on top of my page).

Turns out doing so made the monster mad. So off to play the melody I go...

...& the monster was caught with the page ending To be continued....

Nevermind, I really got a RE! It was too long since my last one that I thought it was part of the page or TNT goofed up xD

Yes, I lured it into the elaborate trap, of course. (Then played the melody.)

Funny thing, the bit where Kell says, "You should have seen your face a moment ago!"--what face? My pet is invisible. He was speaking to an empty frame. :P

Oh, and now might be a good time to thoroughly explore the floor you're on, since you keep everything you have when you catch the monster.

Oh! You actually found the monster. You were beginning to think it found an invisible paint brush or something else dastardly. The poor thing doesn't look very violent right now. It's puttering about with what appears to be an old plushie.

ITS OVER!!! Thank goodness! ugh... that was crazy. went to level 113 xD

I got it too! I think I was also somewhere around 112 or 113, but honestly I have no clue. I was meandering mindlessly through until I saw the monster come up, and I didn't have the sense to look at my floor number before continuing.

Ultimately, highly anticlimactic... Hopefully there will be good participation prizes, though it's hard to complain about all the free stuff (even completely drained of value as it is now).

I am so happy it's over, but disappointed, like many above me, with the pithy climax. I hope TNT makes up for it with whatever it is that's left to be continued! Maybe we'll all get morphing potions or something, like the monster needs to be morphed back into the little yurble she originally was. I'm hoping for an avatar and a trophy after all this. I would've been happy with one or the other, but the catacombs of infinity have made me feel like we all deserve at least both.

Thank you DUMA for your guide! They REALLY helped me a lot! I got more prizes than I normally would

Thank you DUMA for your guide! They REALLY helped me a lot! I got more prizes than I normally would

You're very welcome! That's why I made it, so it could help everyone. :)

Finally finished it! I got too lazy to go for prizes (especially since so many of them are basically worthless), so maybe that's why I finished at level 64 haha. I applaud the stamina of everyone else who went well into the 100s, wow!!! I got so tired by the 40s that after that point I would just leave each floor half done.

Next part of the Spooky Food Eating Contest has been released,

but it's just more yada, yada, yada...

EDIT: Alright, so is anybody else really disappointed with the prizes they received?! I don't get why some got the Tamed Mini-Monster and others didn't. I didn't think I was that far behind in the number of floors I went through :( I'm really disappointed I didn't get the petpet to add to my collection :sad02: (I know...wah wah wah - I'm such a complainer, but seriously! That thing was terribly tedious)

Edited by Lexa88