Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

i had an incident where the pop up ..when i clicked an option..it never did anything so i had to leave and come back to the page and continue..happened twice o well :-p

Yep, I had to reload a couple of times but all was well after that.

Done the third and fourth floors now, used curse of cleansing to cleanse my fatigue from the third floor... but I'm stuck for fifteen hours now. Graah!

I think you're right about the meepits, my next room after the meepit curse was full of silent watching meepits... creepy. I'm wondering if Curse of Longevity makes other curses last longer? Not sure though, that would need checking out.

More prizes!

Cantaloupe Melon

Blumaroo Gummy Vitamins

Pocket Faerie Pinball Game

Wrought Iron Bed

Nicasiodechia, thank you for the solutions you posted. Whenever I got those and followed what you posted, I got an item each time.

I'm going to be recording what each room says and what the right option is. (If I pick it. If I don't, I'll at least know one that doesn't work)

I've found that knocking politely frequently works when it's an ordinary silence. However, all of the "correct" answers shift to some extent. Stomping with hoarse voices is pretty constant unless you have the curse of feebleness. Taking sides with the argument is good, but sometimes it's mediate the argument. If something is snoring/sleeping, usually sneaking in works, but I've also had it not work when I had curse of clumsiness. I've had bursting in violently work for couplets, but also knocking politely. For chanting, sometimes knocking politely works, but other times humming. If there's banjos, it's usually humming, but I've also had banjo duel work too. If there's slime, put the gloves on before you open the door. It all seems to be rather variable to me, but perhaps it's all just dependent upon which curses you have active? I can try to keep a better record, since all of these I just remember off the top of my head.

If you choose to not go through the door to the next floor, you can go around and collect more prizes before going through the door. This will pretty much ensure that you get to take as close to 3 prizes as possible for each floor. 3 appears to be the max amount of prizes they'll allow you to take regardless of how many you have to choose from.

I haven't been keeping a record of the prizes I've gotten to choose from, but can start if that would help anyone. I usually have between 15 and 20 prizes to choose from aside from with floor 1 where I was kinda bumbling along.

I have four college friends who are also playing, so I can try to convince them to tell me what happens with them too if more data is needed.

hoarse voices- stomp feet

talking about weather or luggage- open door boisterously

arguing- take sides

unearthly moan- knock politely

rhyming in couplets- burst in violently

loud chanting- hum

It's really working for me, thank you! Also, when it is silence, it usually works to knock politely. Also, when it says "you're a hero and stuff", you should also knock politely.

I got:

Level 1:

Neopolitan Milkshake

Steamed Vegetable Dumplings
Jhudoras Fingernails
Numbers and Shapes Soup
Camouflage Hot Dog
Chocolate Taquitos
I picked Jhudoras Fingernails and Steamed Vegetable Dumplings to take with me.
Level 2:
Staff of Impenetrable Gloom
The Grand Usul Adventure
Yurble Adventures
Neopolitan Milkshake
Snot My Fault
Mazzew Grooming
The History of the Origami Warf
Cherimoya
That Fruit Basket You Forgot About
Peanut Butter Crackers
Striped Elephante Pop-Up Book
Jacket Potato with Chicken Wings
Defenders Stand for Justice
Dark Eyes the Aisha
Red Bruce Juice
I picked Staff of Impenetrable Gloom, Mazzew Grooming and Defenders Stand For Justice to take with me.
Thank you, nicasiodechia, for those tips - they're helping me a lot. :D

The prizes I picked today were

plu_kraisl_cook.gif
Cook Plushie (rare) book_skeith_malkus.gif
Malkus Vile Book (rare) boo_mazzew_grooming.gif
Mazzew Grooming (rare) boo_aisha_plushieventures.gif
Plushie Adventures (rare) boo_xweetok_icebreaker.gif
Xweetok Ice Breakers (rare) gif_frame_daintyink.gif
Dainty Ink Frame (wearable)
(rare)

bbo_grundo_beauty.gif
Grundo Beauty Book

(rare) toy_pinchit_charm.gif
Pinchit Collectable Charm (rare) boo_ogrin_wildlife.gif
An Ogrins Wild Life (rare) foo_hard_boiledegg.gif
Haaaarrd Boiled Egg

I now have to wait 12 hrs until I can start again D: This is fun though :)

I was keeping track of possible solutions from very early (without looking at what curses I have).
This is what I have, it doesn't always work, but a lot of the time it does:

All you hear past the door is silence. It's a deep, velvety hush that crushes all hope of escape or seeing a better tomorrow. It is the sound that comes after the last bell in the universe tolls its last peal—wait, wrong script. This is just an ordinary silence.

Burst through the door violently

A chorus of ordinary-sounding voices are singing an old camping song in the next room. How charmingly normal, right? They sound sort of hoarse, though. Maybe really hoarse.

Stomp your feet emphatically

Voices emanate from behind the door. They seem to be having a pleasant conversation about the price of luggage in Altador... or is it the weather on Kreludor? It's hard to hear through a thick door.

Throw the door open boisterously

A faint whisper rustles behind the door, though you can't quite make out what's being said. It almost sounds like they're rhyming in couplets, but that would be absurd. As you step closer and put your ear to the door, the whispering stops.

Say hello in a friendly voice

Behind this door you hear loud chanting. The chanters are quite enthusiastic, though one is particularly bad at rhythm and keeps joining in late.

Hum along with the cheery tune

An unearthly moan ripples through the door, echoing around the room. A chill runs down your spine and you have to resist the urge to flee for your life. You have a monster to catch. You're a hero and stuff.

Knock on the door politely

Someone, or something, is playing wild banjo music on the other side of the door. You recognise the melody. They're pretty good, actually.

Hum along with the cheery tune

Huge snores can be heard behind this door. Surely whatever is making them must be very, very large. Probably you don't want to disturb its slumber.

Slip in all quiet and sneaky-like

The growls that you can hear through the door sound rather threatening, actually. Whatever's behind this door isn't likely to be friendly if it's already growling and hasn't even met you yet.

Offer your services as a mediator

A cool, faintly cinnamon scent wafts toward your nose. You look down to find purplish slime oozing out from under the door. Oh, darn. Those were new shoes, too.

Pull on a pair of gloves and open the door

Behind the door, you can easily hear an argument. You're not sure what they're arguing about, but there's some pretty creative name-calling. You write down a few of the better insults, in case you want to use them sometime.

Offer your services as a mediator

I've also tried to do the wrong thing to get a curse of cleansing to get rid of the fatigue but it didn't work in my favor.

These prizes were not mentioned yet on the site/guide:

That Fruit Basket You Forgot About

grf_forgottenfruitbasket.gif
Organic Cucumber Slices
hfo_oraganic_cucumber.gif

boo_origami_warf.gif

Defenders Stand for Justice

boo_d_isfordefender.gif

Caprior

caprior.gif
Bikiwan

bikiwan.gif

I am just clicking any one of the three ways to go into the room at total random, perhaps I shouldnt be but its fun to do it fast lol

of course I am now stuck for 7 hours with curse of fatigue and have only done the first and second floors so probably better to have a plan than use the click anything method lol

Is there actually a good logical way to get more prizes or is it actually random???

Got the Curse of Fatigue for 7 hours as well... finished the 3rd floor.

Prizes I chose so far... mainly just books because I'm not big on wearables and other stuff:

Neopian Chandeliers
The Hidden Temple
Striped Elephante Pop-Up Book
Collectable Cards
Clash of Moehogs
Sporkle Syrup
An Ogrins Wild Life
Babaas Baba

Just waited 6 hours for the Curse of Fatigue to ware off on the third floor and I just got it again on the fourth floor for 9 hours.. I think it might hate me :tired: But I think the The Perilous Catacombs are super fun and super creative, you never know what you're going to get and some of the things are pretty cool! I'm a collector of many things on Neopets so I'm hoping to get as many of the books as I can and some of the collectible charms as well as the scarab and stamp for my stamp album!

Hopefully everyone's having better luck than me pertaining to the whole Curse of Fatigue waiting and getting lots of awesome prizes!

ps. why do they have to make these wait times soo long.......

Now I have to wait 7 unbareable hours :sad02: I wonder if it's even possible to finish a floor without being cursed with the Fatigue Curse?

It is possible to do so. There's another curse called the curse of cleansing that's possible for you to get. When you're all done with the level and about to go through the exit, you click on the curse of fatigue while the curse of cleansing is in effect and it clears the curse of fatigue so you can go straight to the next level.

It is possible to do so. There's another curse called the curse of cleansing that's possible for you to get. When you're all done with the level and about to go through the exit, you click on the curse of fatigue while the curse of cleansing is in effect and it clears the curse of fatigue so you can go straight to the next level.

Oh wow, thanks!! I didn't even know you could click on the curses. But then again, I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten this Cleansing one yet. Hope I don't have to wait next time! I wanna get to the eeeend. :stitchface:

More info on the effects of curses:

Curse of Clobbering - Causes attempts at knocking on doors to fail.
Curse of Feebleness - Prevents the 'stomp' action from working at doors.
Curse of Sarcasm - Prevents Mediation options from working at the next door.

The curses (except for Fatigue) have a door countdown (so it may take 3 doors until the curse is lifted), which means the next three attempts can fail.

So if you find a door that needs one of those actions early in the game, you can try and use a different door first (if you have more to choose at that stage). If not, then unfortunately your choice will be wrong and you will end up with another curse.

There are also still three curses that have not been identified yet (Clumsiness, Lethargy, Mystery) so they also could be the problem with option selection.

I usually picked "Hum" for the doors that mentioned the cultists singing or humming a tune... it usually gave me a treasure after that!

My prizes were: Dark Eyes the Aisha, Strange Growling Box, and Raspberry Usul Shake

EDIT: OMG, I did not know there were multiple floors! This will be a long night... hehe (I LOVE PLOTS!)

I'm on floor 7, crossing my fingers for the curse of cleansing. Anyone else find the fatigue curse kind of random? I know I've answered right a few times and had that thrown at me instead of a lovely prize.