Chocolate Avatar Help, Please :)

Lexa88

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a trick to getting the chocolate avatar, and if so, what is it? Please? I feel like I'm not doing the checking properly or something because nothing new seems to show up in the shop as I'm refreshing and then when something does, it's just a cheap thing :\

Thank you for your attention!

Lexa

It's driving me nuts. I really don't have the attention span for it, I think. I'm not a restocker. The closest I get to restocking is with the items from the igloo garage sale. I'm distracting myself while I wait hopefully for a trick to try by attempting to feed kadoaties :tired:

There's no trick to it, but most Avatar Collectors try and get it on HPD because the Chocolate Factory is usually cleared. I think that's a silly idea though, because that only means that there's more competition for you, but you can try out getting it on HPD if you want. :)

There's no trick to it, but most Avatar Collectors try and get it on HPD because the Chocolate Factory is usually cleared. I think that's a silly idea though, because that only means that there's more competition for you, but you can try out getting it on HPD if you want. :)

Sorry, I'm not sure what HPD stands for. I'm still getting accustomed to the accronyms for Neopets stuff :P Could you tell me what it stands for please? :)

Ohhh okay, thank you :) I thought it was a different shop or something - I was confused, lol. HPD (<--see I learn:P) has already come and gone though. Do they happen often? I've seen a couple in the last little while, but is that normal?

HPD occurs on the 3rd of each month, quite a while from now. x)

You can try your luck restocking at the Chocolate Factory, but prepare to clear (buy things from the Shop Inventory so new things can restock) the shop! I know that there are a lot of R90+ Chocolate Item lists on Neopets somewhere. :P

In the end it just takes a bit of practice entering the price and having a quick reaction and such, good luck!

This is an extremely tough avatar to get. I've tried quite a few times and came close but always being a second to slow slow >_>
HPD does restock like crazy and you get many chances at 90+ items but as stated before, a lot of competition is out there :/

What could make it a but easier is if you go on late at night or early morning (a moment where there's not a lot of users on Neopets, check the home page screen....for it to be at least under 10,000 users). However, none of this has helped me so far since I have yet to get the avatar haha. I lose my patience quickly though... :P

Pretty much everyone has said - it's tough. The one part I don't agree on is the HPD. Yes there're more competition, but there're also more chances for you to get it than on normal day (the shop restocks r90+ items every now and then, unlike normal day, when maybe at most 5 r90+ items restock). Actually got it myself this month. The key thing here is patience, some tips from me (that I'm gonna say right now), some speed, and finally a bit of luck.

The r90+ price in HPD are usually exactly or over 2.5k np (5k np on normal day), this is simple tip but nobody mentioned you yet. From my experiences, the key thing is that you have to be there at the right time (when the shop restocks). You have to refresh every now and then (about 10-20 sec) to see if there's a restock occurs (which means there're new items in the shop). If there is, wait from 2-3 minutes and start refresh (every 3-5 sec/each refresh). This way, you're more likely to refresh exactly when the shop restocks, thus being quicker than other (remember only less than a second still make an advantage).

Extra: You can copy exactly 2,500 NP and when it's restocked, just ctrl+F (I hope you know what I mean ;)) and paste the price (ctrl+V) for speed at that time and also at the haggle page. I did do this but this didn't work for me though. I just freaked out when I saw it and doesn't think about copy or paste it. Also, I just skimmed through the page because there may be items that is not stocked at that same price you prepared. I know it can take a lot of time but if u get some luck like me (see ;)) you will see it really easily 'coz it is on the first row.

Since I'm not a native, I know this is somewhat confusing but I hope you understand the basic of it. If you have any questions regard to this topic pls feel free to ask. Good luck to you and also others who are still seeking for this avvie :D

I know that this is a piece of advice that's only going to work every once in a while, but fight in the skirmishes, and if your team wins, you might have the option of Black Market Goods. If you happen to get that boon, it will be a LOT easier for you to find the right items.

If you do find something, bid immediately, and don't worry about bidding the exact right thing. If it's, say, 9687 np, just type 9999 or something to make it really fast.

• 4 weeks later...