The Discovered Treasure Chest Dilemma.

erato_

Haha I had no idea! I actually did open a few back then and managed to get a pirate poogle morphing potion ;)

I haven't gotten any from the shore since though.

That's pretty good. I have gotten several chests from the shore and a pirate krawk mp. I have only opened one chest and got gummy pirate candies. So I am debating opening anymore or selling them. It isn't like I NEED the NPs but I would also hate to get a bunch of junk when I could have gotten 100,000 nps. So, idk. Sometimes you hit it lucky, sometimes you don't I guess.

I've gotten one, as did my sister, and both of our chests only contained junk. I think I'd still prefer to open it, though. Odds of getting one are low, odds of the chest containing something rare are still even lower, but I'm not too strapped for NP, so I'm willing to take the 15k NP risk. :p

I like to open them. I usually never get anything good, when they come from the shore. :P Since there is a chance a draik morphing potion could be in one, I take the risk.

One day, I bought about 10 of them and I won a PDE! xD My eyes could not believe it! Now, I'm hooked. haha I try to open a couple a week to try my luck.

I've never gotten one! I don't know what I would do if I got one, I heard the price is deflating though so it's better to just open it now.

Had a few in the past, not recently :( Never opened them, always sell them in my shop, they sell straight away.

I used to open them but I soon decided it was a waste,I sell now sell them in my shop for a cool 17000 np.

I sell them for 16000 np because I never get lucky with them

I've only ever gotten one from the Forgotten Shore, and I was on the verge of selling it when I decided to be a daredevil and open it. The item I got was worth less than 100 NP, I was very disappointed to say the least. If I get more I would definitely sell them. That way you get points and you can decide what you want to spend it on, instead of taking a gamble.

So far, I've gotten over twenty of them on the Forgotten Shore. The first six of them I opened and got junk. I sold four in my shop for 12,000 NP a piece. The rest I've been hanging onto in my SDB in case I need I decide to spend all my banked NP on a Lost Desert Paint Brush and need to build up my "fortune" again. The price might go up or down in the meantime, but at least I'll get something and won't be tempted to spend the money just because I already have it.

Form what I'm reading here and based on personal experience, I would recommend opening no more than two or three and selling any others that you get in the future. I figure that if you're going to have luck and get something really good, it will happen in the first couple. Anything past that point is wasting NP.

Just my opinion, of course. Really lucky people should probably open them all. Very unlucky people shouldn't even be thinking about it. *lol*

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad that I found this topic. I've always opened my treasure chests but also never bought one, but now I think I should start selling them after reading this chain.

neopets98: I think the general consensus is to sell. I mean, it also depends on your personality. I'm not a gambling type if I know that there's a lot I could lose. But in all we mostly think it's worth it to sell

• 1 month later...

I sometimes open, but usually sell. Why? I know the pricing doesn't make sense, but games of chance *are* fun. :) If you think about gambling as paying for entertainment, rather than actually expecting to come out ahead, I think it all works out better in the end.

That being said, with the Chests there's too much opportunity cost, so I feel happy selling. But with scratchcards? Sometimes I just go for it...

I open any I win, but I don't buy any new ones.

I spent over 300K buying chests, and only got around 15K back :(

So it's not like you're loosing anything when you open the ones you win.

So why not take a chance?