Games Master Challenge: Sun vs Moon!

hrtbrk

Im awful at todays challenges! I cant hit 350,000 on defender nova. BLAH!

What difficulty are you playing on?

Personally, I played on Hard and I would get around 32-35k just in the first round. I'd stay at the bottom holding the Up Arrow, then move quickly to get the gems left by enemies, then move back to the bottom. If enemies popped up while I was near the top getting the gems, I just switched to using the Down Arrow until I could get back to bottom. If you can survive the first level and part of the second, you should get the score.

Personally, I played on Hard and I would get around 32-35k just in the first round. I'd stay at the bottom holding the Up Arrow, then move quickly to get the gems left by enemies, then move back to the bottom. If enemies popped up while I was near the top getting the gems, I just switched to using the Down Arrow until I could get back to bottom. If you can survive the first level and part of the second, you should get the score.

I will definitely try that. Hopefully I can do it. Im just not very good at the game.

So, so glad I went with Team Moon. Ultimate Bullseye nearly killed me last year.

Thanks for posting that tip. It took me a couple of tries, but I was able to knock out Nova Defender in a little over five minutes using your method.

That said, the bonus challenges don't have to be completed the day of release, correct?

I'm glad it worked for you :D

The bonuses have no bearing on really anything other than helping boost your team and the prizes you get when completing them. When you complete them, if you do at all, won't affect the trophies or prizes at the end.

Am I the only one having a really difficult time with Spinacles, my max was like 1,300 or something like that, the points go up so slowly. I actually don't know if I'll be able to reach the score for even the main prize let alone the bonuses. :thumbsdown:

I'm all done with today's challenges!

I had a facepalm moment when I played 5 times Nova Defender BEFORE starting the timer. So I played 10 times in the end >.>

LOL, I also did this but only once, I guess that's what I get for not checking the headquarters. I can easily get the required points so its okay.

And I just about scrape the score in Edna's Shadow and Bruno's Backwoods breakaway but I know I can get the bonuses, it's just time consuming games today.

It's just that darn spinnacles game. :grrr:

Beware! You have to post the scores of Bruno's Breakaway and Edna's Shadow at the same time or it won't count.

For example, I played Bruno's four times then played Edna's four times but it only gave me one of the bonus boxes. Then I play first Bruno's then Edna's three times and got the boxes.

Not sure if it's just something my account/computer did but I ended up playing so many extra times because of it.

Beware! You have to post the scores of Bruno's Breakaway and Edna's Shadow at the same time or it won't count.

For example, I played Bruno's four times then played Edna's four times but it only gave me one of the bonus boxes. Then I play first Bruno's then Edna's three times and got the boxes.

Not sure if it's just something my account/computer did but I ended up playing so many extra times because of it.

Yes, you have to play 1 game of one after 1 game of the other to get the bonuses.

I haven't even started with the bonuses today yet - don't like the games so I'm postponing this... haha.

Oh no not Nova Defender. I hate that game! My high score is 6074! For some reason I can't even get that right now :( This is gonna suuuck. And spinacles? :( I'm kinda wishing I'd chosen Team Sun right now!

Finally got the Spinnacles challenge, even though it wouldn't take my first qualifying score. *grumblegrumble*

I'll probably be able to finish the bonuses for all the games, except for Spinnacles. While not as bad as Ultimate Bullseye was last year, it's pretty darned close.

TDN has a pretty good guide for Spinacles if you guys are struggling a bit. http://thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/spinacles

For the first two levels, I like to miss on purpose to build up points. It's a good opportunity to do that because there are so few sphere colours, and also because combos won't give you much on those levels. On the higher levels, try to get combos if you can.

A few tips for todays games:

Like everyone says for Nova defender: Play on HARD. I usually circle around until they stop spawning, Lure them to the top, then go down shooting them down with the up arrow or W button. The gems will fall down, so you can just focus on where the new ones spawn and collect the gems as they get to the bottom. (Or just go grab them at the top.) I repeat this until I have 3k worth of gems and then get the 3 way shooter. But chances are you'll have enough points even before that point. Once the nova's that shoot back are there, I just stay at the bottom mostly, but going left and right. Shooting them, getting the gems, go back down. (I try to keep shooting, so when I collect gems at the top I'll shoot down, I use the border to go up and down, and when I'm at the side, I'll shoot right or left)

Spinacles: Read the guide like jcpet said. I usually don't take too long in the first 3 levels, but once I get a bit more colors, I try to make groups of two, making the blob of balls bigger. The extra balls that get glued to it, will give you nice groups of 2+ of one color. As soon as I have a lot of balls I'll start clear them. First I get the smallest groups and the more points I get I'll try to clear bigger groups, giving you lots of points! Don't clear the level, once you get near the center, start building up again, make groups of two, and don't clear them. If you get bombs or the flash things (Perimeters) just shoot them away, I usually shoot them completely horizontal so they disappear without hitting anything. You should be able to get to the required score in about 6 to 7 levels.

Well Done...

Well done, you've eclipsed the score needed for this challenge. For your glowing effort, you've received the following:

bg_gmc2013_shootstarbg.gif
Shooting Star Background

This item has been placed into your inventory. Wait, tonight isn't a full moon now, is it? Never mind...

alright.png
I LOVE THIS BACKGROUND!!!!!! I got it from the timed challenge ...goodness O.o

Thank you so much for posting that!

I was actually slightly in despair over not being able to complete a challenge so early on in the week! I thought with my crappy touchpad i hadn't a hope but I actually managed to complete the challenge even though I died three times in the first level. Wow!

Edit: Apologies for double posting. The joys of crappy internet.

Ahhh finally completed the challenge for Spinacles. :happydance: I don't think I will get round to the bonuses (maybe one or two if I've got spare time), but that game is too frustrating for me.

I'm just looking forward to see what tomorrows challenges are. (: Now it is time to sleep.

I'm glad it worked for you :D

The bonuses have no bearing on really anything other than helping boost your team and the prizes you get when completing them. When you complete them, if you do at all, won't affect the trophies or prizes at the end.

is this for real??? so if i don't bother with bonuses i'll still get the best prize/trophy at the end? or should i do the bonuses just in case??

Yes, it's true. This is the answer from the official FAQ page:

Do I have to complete the bonus challenges in order to qualify for the highest trophy tier?

No. The bonus challenges do not count toward the overall completion of the GMC challenges. They simply add to your team’s overall score.

Yes, it's true. This is the answer from the official FAQ page:

Do I have to complete the bonus challenges in order to qualify for the highest trophy tier?

No. The bonus challenges do not count toward the overall completion of the GMC challenges. They simply add to your team’s overall score.

WOW! I did not know this O.o This saves me a bunch of time !! xD Thank you neo! *runs around* I hope its a good prize though..like...that everyone gets xD On the last one I didn't get the avatar OR the mini monster and I got over level 110 and participated daily *sighs* just got a background... =(