GMC: To Sell or Keep? What do you do?

2_crazyman_2

Whenever Neopets has fun little events like the Game Master Challenge, Advent Calander, etc, I always try to quickly sell my items off and make max profits. But this year I'm trying my best to just have fun with the items and avoid checking their cost -- like the fun stary background I got. I find sometimes I change my opinion on the value of an item based on its cost....

SO, what do you folk do? Do you sell? Do you keep? Do you use? Do you horde to one day sell at double the price?

I used to sell them. In the past, I remember getting my Advent prizes the minute I could and selling them for way more than I could even 5-10 minutes later.

Now, anything that's from a special event or something, I always hold onto them whether I like them or not, because I don't want to change my mind later and wish I had them.

I always keep everything that can only be obtained with a special event. Random (bonus) prizes that aren't unique are being sold, unless I like them like books and toys.

I keep everything that's unique to the event. With other items that you can buy in stores, if you sell it while they're handing tons of them out, the price is probably going to be way lower than it normally is. I use everything I like even if it's worth a lot. I tend to just SDB my whole inventory anyway and do big restocks when I feel like it for the stuff I don't want/use.

I just have a (bad?) habit of chucking everything in my SDB box always. If you're going to sell something, it seems better to just do it immediately before prices have a chance to deflate once EVERYONE gets them, or then save it in hopes that it will go up again after that?

Depending on what the item is, most of it is just junk imo

I don't mean to be offensive, but it's just an item that... sits there... and won't have any monetary value, likely ever. Especially from the Advent calendar.

So I discard most of the stuff, unless it's wearables/books or I think the item is cute.

Depending on what the item is, most of it is just junk imo

I don't mean to be offensive, but it's just an item that... sits there... and won't have any monetary value, likely ever. Especially from the Advent calendar.

So I discard most of the stuff, unless it's wearables/books or I think the item is cute.

Pretty much this. With the advent calendar, I usually keep the items until the next one and then sell them if I remember. I donate/discard most cheap items, unless it's something I am not familiar with, like weapons or potions, I keep those just in case it turns out to be the next best thing. I also always keep books and stamps. I have some from GMC years ago and they just keep growing in value :D

I try to decide if it's an item that will gain value or lose value in the long run. I figure that if an item is consumable (books, food, etc.) the price will eventually correct itself from the initial deflation so it's better to hold on to it and sell it later. For non-consumable I mostly sell it right away, unless it seems cool/collectable or useful.

I'm absolutely awful at predicting how prices will rise and fall. I've hoarded items before hoping for a higher price and it did nothing but tank; I've sold items quickly only to see the price rise. So I just sell them if I think the price is good. :P I sold my Day & Night Scarab for 790k, but I haven't sold any of the other items yet. I think the wig is tanking, I popped it up on the TP for 120k obo, and no bids yet.

I horde it all in my safety deposit box, if its a book I read it to my pet! :D

I used to do that too! I had about seven years of Advent Calendar items stocked up. I started selling them recently.