Black Friday

zorna

My family has a tradition of always putting up the Christmas decorations on Black Friday, so we never go :) But I'm out in the midwest now without a winter coat. And without boots. So I might go out and look for some of those later in the day (out of necessity and lack of money, really :p ). Are you considering going out shopping?

Black fridays exist for not too long where I live. Only some shops make it but it's getting more and more popular.

I will not go out for just one reason, I don't have money to spend today lol However I try to buy only what's necessary, if I dont' need something I just avoid entering in shops.

I think I'll go to neopets kill my shopping itch :dance:

I've never done it, but I do wonder what the fuss is all about. Are the deals really that good? I mean...I've seen people lined up outside of stores for hours waiting to get in. Is it worth it? I tend to think it isn't, but then, I've not actually gone into any of those stores for Black Friday, so I don't think I can really judge at all.

Last year on Black Friday I did go shopping at a toy store. BIG MISTAKE!!! I wasn't even aware of the whole Big Friday thing, being from Canada and not really paying attention to such things. I only went in to get a Christmas present for my daughter and ended up being in line at the checkouts for at least 20 minutes. It was ridiculous!!

This year I was smarter! I stayed home and took advantage of an online sale. I had a discount code for Black Friday to use from Leap Frog, so now my daughter will get a shiny new LeapPad2 to open up. :)

If I can take advantages of sales online rather then going directly to the store(s) I will. I can't stand crowds!

Happy safe shopping everyone! :)

[space edit]

This pretty much sums it up, don't you think? XD

As for myself, I've been stalking sales online... for video games. I haven't purchase anything yet, and don't know if I will.

Heh, you have to keep in mind, Black "Friday" deals now start on Thursday. Americans must have realized what they're thankful for is a good deal!

As for myself, I wait until Cyber Monday to do my shopping. A thousand times less hectic than Black Friday, with nearly identical deals.

My family doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I've always shopped on Black Friday with a few relatives. This year, I saved at least $200 and spent $175, and I don't even think that I did that great. The online deals aren't nearly as good. I didn't make a list until the night before. My biggest purchase was the latest season of Supernatural for $10 and some other DVDs for Christmas gifts. The stuff I bought was half Christmas gifts and half normal stuff, like pet food, shampoo, and nonperishables.

If you're not trying to buy a big electronic or popular toy, it's really kind of fun. Everyone is in a really good mood, even the employees. I don't even really like shopping generally, but shoppers are actually more polite and helpful on Black Friday than they are normally, excluding a few moments of craziness.

I just utilize internet deals. I'm living overseas so I just used some sites to get my family's gifts. When it comes to store mania, I bet a lot of people just get caught up in the fevor, a sudden unspoken competition feeling with all those other people around. That's me trying to explain it, still not really sure. I've been to a lot of quiz nights, a strange desperate need to win against strangers in a simple game is familiar feeling.

I have to agree with Xepha. I've always found it odd that people get in fights with other shoppers over a sweater or doll after celebrating all they have to be Thankful for. My family and I are starting to ask for experiences as gifts instead of stuff. I'd rather have lessons, or tickets to a show rather than clothes that are going to be out of style before summer even comes, or electronics that will be out-dated by my birthday in the summer, or more junk that takes up space on my shelves.