Advice for beginner?

I haven't battled much before and I really want to get into it. The only thing is, I feel like my pet's stats are way too weak (level 32, all my stats are about 65) and I don't know if I have the best set or not. I'm working on training my pet but it takes a long time to get really high stats.

I just don't know where to go from here.

Obviously I don't want to start battling people whose pets are way stronger than mine, but I don't know where I can find people kind of in the same boat as me.

Any suggestions?

I'll try to help as much as I can, but first, I need to ask questions :P

Just wondering, what's your set right now? And how much do you want to spend on it?

It sounds like you're talking about battling 2P - are you focusing on 2P mainly or 1P also?

Hi, thanks for helping!!

Yes, I was hoping to do mostly 2P but also some 1P of course :)

My current set probably needs a lot of work but here's what I got so far:

-Scroll of the Scholar

-Golden Compass

-Lesser Healing Scroll

-Royal Blue Cape

-Prickly Potion

-Downsize

-Green Frost Cannon

-Potion of Concealment

Like I said, I'm a total beginner.... I'm willing to spend another 1-3million and maybe more.

Thank you!!

My stats are about the same as yours, as I recently started battling and training as well. Can you beat Jetsam Ace with your current set pretty quickly? I like battling him for Nerkmids, I just don't know what to buy/equip it with to beat him in one or two rounds.

My stats are about the same as yours, as I recently started battling and training as well. Can you beat Jetsam Ace with your current set pretty quickly? I like battling him for Nerkmids, I just don't know what to buy/equip it with to beat him in one or two rounds.

Attack damage is calculated by multiplying attack icons by strength boost. Your current strength boost is 2, so your number of icons is multiplied by 2 to get attack damage. Thus, if you're battling Jetsam Ace on Average difficulty, where he has 53 HP, you'll need weapons that deal 53/2 = 27 icons to beat him in one round. Similarly, to beat him in two rounds, you'll need weapons that deal 14 icons each round. Two Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy would work to beat him in one round, provided he doesn't block any of the damage. Since the Jetsam Ace doesn't have a weapon that defends against water, you'd have a pretty good shot. They're expensive, but they would work for you. Alternatively, you could just buy one, pair it with a shield, and beat him in two rounds.

If you want to aim for two rounds with cheaper weapons, you could get a Scroll of Knowledge, Scroll of the Fool, or Scroll of the Wise. With their multiple different types of icons, there's a good chance that a good number of icons would get through. You can also pair it with An Icicle, which gives six icons that the Jetsam Ace can't block. Two Scroll of Knowledge + An Icicle gives 28 icons, so if he doesn't block any of your damage, you'll succeed in beating him in one round. If he does block damage, it probably won't be too much, and you'll be able to use a healer in the second round.

Jetsam Ace also can't block fire, so using fire weapons would be useful. Two Fiery Sun Scrolls plus An Icicle deals 18 icons of damage per round that are unblockable, so you could beat him handily in two rounds. No real room for you to use a shield until the second round, though.

As another option, you could increase your strength boost. If you train your strength up to 85, your strength boost will be 2.5 instead of 2, so you'll only need to deal 53/2.5 = 22 icons of damage that he doesn't block. In this case, you could use Fiery Sun Scroll + shield + An Icicle for two rounds and win. Or, you could increase your level to pick up the faerie ability Lens Flare, and then you'd get a free round where you can just attack - getting you awfully close to the requisite icons to beat him.

Good luck!

Which healer would you suggest? I don't want to spend in the millions for the Battledome yet. Would the lesser healing scroll suffice, or would something different be better?

Thanks for all the info! :rolleyes_anim:

(Oh and I am still training my pet, it's just taking forever haha.)

Which healer would you suggest? I don't want to spend in the millions for the Battledome yet. Would the lesser healing scroll suffice, or would something different be better?

Since your max HP is 65, Lesser Healing Scroll is probably sufficient for you. If you want to spend more NP, you could go to a Greater Healing Scroll or even the Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, but they're pretty expensive. 25 HP is still about 40% of your max, so LHS is about a 40% healer for you, which is pretty good.

If you could morph/zap your pet into a gelert/elephante/kacheek three good 50% healers are there for a bargain which will serve u well for a LONG time. Gelert Healing Remedy, Kacheek Life Potion and I forgot the elephane one but ill get back to that/