Your least favorite Videogame enemy?

rinoa812

Hello =) I was just wondering what other peoples least favorite video game enemy is. Any enemy and any game. Can be a boss you hate or just a regular enemy! So mine is the wallmaster from the zelda series. A wallmaster is a disembodied hand that hangs on the ceiling and than drops down on top of you when you least expect it to. And the worst part is that it doesnt do much damage but it takes you back to the beginning of the dungeon. I absolutely hate it! The most notably bad wallmasters are in Ocarina of Time and the new game A Link Between Worlds.

Guest Tahalika

In terms of regular enemies, nothing quite makes my blood boil like the stupid Bloody Swords in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Completely sporadic movements, able to traverse through walls and takes very little damage, while being surrounded by enemies that can cause you to lose your ability to attack = not a happy camper.

In terms of bosses, hoooooooo boy. No boss has ever sowed such seeds of hatred in me like Kuromori (The 8th Colossus) from Shadow of the Colossus has. It's an absolute pain to fight, what with its widespread attack, its very hard to get to weak spots and the very limited amount of time you're even granted to hurt it. Like I've only ever found one very specific strategy to actually defeat the dumb thing, unlike all the other bosses the game has where there's at least room for error.

Ive never played shadows of the colossus but it looked like a difficult game. Those swords were annoying though i agree. And splicers do stink i agree. I hated the invisible ones that had the flower petals come down. Dont remember what they were called lol.

I never played lost levels but the hammer brothers were definately jerks >.< I have an enemy to add besides my wallmasters. The last boss of legend of zelda a link between worlds is a real problem. or at least i had trouble lol. Never been good at the swatting the light ball back and forward thing though lol.

Hello =) I was just wondering what other peoples least favorite video game enemy is. Any enemy and any game. Can be a boss you hate or just a regular enemy! So mine is the wallmaster from the zelda series. A wallmaster is a disembodied hand that hangs on the ceiling and than drops down on top of you when you least expect it to. And the worst part is that it doesnt do much damage but it takes you back to the beginning of the dungeon. I absolutely hate it! The most notably bad wallmasters are in Ocarina of Time and the new game A Link Between Worlds.

I agree. I hate when they manage to sneak up on me and snatch me up :(

I agree. I hate when they manage to sneak up on me and snatch me up :(

Ugh I remember the shadow temple took me forever in ocarina of time because of the dumb wallmasters and the invisible floor >.< quite irritating lol

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like any enemy that looks gross...Like horntail in maplestory is enough for me to be creeped out lol

Ive never tried maple story. Is it a lot of fun?

Hmm I think mine would be a few of the Fallout 3 enemies; especially the Mirelurks - those things were a little creepy and rather annoying. Also not a huge fan of boss fights.
I can't dislike any of the Bioshock enemies as I love that game series too much! Though the splicers hiding as mannequins in the first game and the crow men in Bioshock Infinite really know how to make you jump!

Yep! It's an awesome RPG especially if you like pretty/cute things with lots of stories. I convinced myself back in high school doing quests was part of "studying for English class" hehe :)

Maybe i will try it. Its free to play yeah?

In skyrim dragons are super annoying. At first you're like "oh cool, a dragon" and pretty soon they are just a waste of time.

Ah yes the dragons are absolutely irritating. I hate going into a town and than being attacked because you never know who is going to decide they can take a dragon barehanded, and end up dead >.< the vampire attacks in dawnguard also irritating =P

Hmm I think mine would be a few of the Fallout 3 enemies; especially the Mirelurks - those things were a little creepy and rather annoying. Also not a huge fan of boss fights.

I can't dislike any of the Bioshock enemies as I love that game series too much! Though the splicers hiding as mannequins in the first game and the crow men in Bioshock Infinite really know how to make you jump!

I love fallout but i admit the mirelurks are troublesome at best. I useto call them ammo eaters >.<

Ah yes the dragons are absolutely irritating. I hate going into a town and than being attacked because you never know who is going to decide they can take a dragon barehanded, and end up dead >.< the vampire attacks in dawnguard also irritating =P

I ended up abandoning my first character, because all the shopkeepers in Riften and Whiterun were dead, with the exception of Arcadia. I had to fast-travel all over the place to sell anything, which only killed off more people.

If bonus bosses count, Elizabeth from Persona 3 is definitely it. First, this is one of those games where 100% completion can take like 300 hours. Just getting ready to fight Elizabeth took me a month. Once you actually get to start the fight, there is a whole long list of things that you can do that result in her killing you instantly. If you want to win, you pretty much have to use a guide and a calculator.

I ended up abandoning my first character, because all the shopkeepers in Riften and Whiterun were dead, with the exception of Arcadia. I had to fast-travel all over the place to sell anything, which only killed off more people.

If bonus bosses count, Elizabeth from Persona 3 is definitely it. First, this is one of those games where 100% completion can take like 300 hours. Just getting ready to fight Elizabeth took me a month. Once you actually get to start the fight, there is a whole long list of things that you can do that result in her killing you instantly. If you want to win, you pretty much have to use a guide and a calculator.

I have never played the persona series which is weird because I generally prefer rpgs. They sound pretty good though =) I have been playing catherine recently and i guess they must have some of the same developers because some of the persona 4 music is featured in the game. Also annoying bosses....The bride is terrible in catherine >.<

I have never played the persona series which is weird because I generally prefer rpgs. They sound pretty good though =) I have been playing catherine recently and i guess they must have some of the same developers because some of the persona 4 music is featured in the game. Also annoying bosses....The bride is terrible in catherine >.<

I am so bad at Catherine. I am a total Atlus completest, but I still haven't managed to 100% complete it. I played through it once on Easy, and it took me forever. Now, I am really slowly playing it to get gold on all the stages so I can skip them when trying to get all the endings. I am entirely reliant on videos. They are the same developers. Vincent made a small appearance in Persona 3.

The Megami Tensei franchise is my favorite. I have spent so much time fighting with emulators and keeping my PS2 working, but I don't think I will ever invest so much time in a video game series. If you like RPGs, I would definitely recommend checking out Persona 3 (it isn't as good as 4, but it is available for download in the US) or Persona 5 when it comes out.

I am so bad at Catherine. I am a total Atlus completest, but I still haven't managed to 100% complete it. I played through it once on Easy, and it took me forever. Now, I am really slowly playing it to get gold on all the stages so I can skip them when trying to get all the endings. I am entirely reliant on videos. They are the same developers. Vincent made a small appearance in Persona 3.

The Megami Tensei franchise is my favorite. I have spent so much time fighting with emulators and keeping my PS2 working, but I don't think I will ever invest so much time in a video game series. If you like RPGs, I would definitely recommend checking out Persona 3 (it isn't as good as 4, but it is available for download in the US) or Persona 5 when it comes out.

Ok Ill try it =) And yeah I am terrible at catherine too. Ive beat it on easy but i got a lame ending >.< katherine and catherine both leave me . So i have started it on normal and did really well at first but now that at the 5th night it is slow going . I watched some videos of persona 3 and a lot of the same voice actors as catherine huh =P

• 2 months later...

The villain that gave me the most grief was the second time you fought Riku in Kingdom Hearts 1. I don't remember how I beat him on my first/second try on my own file, but when I was trying to help my friend we ended up spending the WHOLE afternoon trying to beat him.

The most annoying enemy are those tokotos from Ni no Kuni. Not because they were hard to beat, but they were incredibly annoying to level up on. See, they gave out the most exp in the game, so grinding on them was recommended...even though it kind of broke the game. 3 level ups PER tokoto? It kind of evened out at the last boss I think (or maybe I just didn't level up my characters enough and thought level 90 was a good place to stop).

Yep! It's an awesome RPG especially if you like pretty/cute things with lots of stories. I convinced myself back in high school doing quests was part of "studying for English class" hehe :)

I've played it a lot but then it just stopted working. I tried to install it again but it was broken forever or something :(

My least favorite enemy is the one from amnesia. It's so freaking scary!

I've played it a lot but then it just stopted working. I tried to install it again but it was broken forever or something :(

My least favorite enemy is the one from amnesia. It's so freaking scary!

I was just about to say; does ANYTHING from Amnesia count? Haha. I was playing it late last night and I think the invisible water monster nearly made me pee myself.

DO. NOT. LIKE.

I must have blocked out all the enemies that really gave me a lot of grief because I'm drawing a blank. Although, Houdini splicers in Bioshock are pretty bad, as are the Big Sisters.

The villain that gave me the most grief was the second time you fought Riku in Kingdom Hearts 1. I don't remember how I beat him on my first/second try on my own file, but when I was trying to help my friend we ended up spending the WHOLE afternoon trying to beat him.

Oh man, I'm fighting him right now! (No spoilers please, it's my first time through the game.) The thing I hate the most is probably having to sit through the preceding cut scene every time I have to start the fight over. My boyfriend said he thinks he remembers being able to skip those things in KH2, so whenever I get to that I'm hoping he's right. It's boring seeing the same thing over and over...

I have a list~

Final battle in Dragon's Age 2~especially if you choose to side with magic users (and I obviously did).

OH gods~ Record of Agarest War Zero (I love tactical RPGs)~the friggin' Leptocephalus. SO MUCH HATE!!

Skyrim~random dragon fights...why? WHY???

Fable 3~ *blinks* I loved the game, really (and I have played all three) but REALLY?? Almost every single choice/battle/thing leading up to the battle with the Walter thing at the end. Wasn't that it was hard (I whupped him easily) it was just sooo sad.

*Blinks* Oh Yeah and Sephiroth in KH2....It took forever and I had Soru and the others maxed OUT.

I am sure there are more...but I can't think of them right now.