Selling or using?

yasha

So I've been buying scratchcards lately since I realized they could give me a lvl on my active pet. I have terrible luck with these things when I scratch and never won anything before. I just bought one again and got a Peak O Plenty Scratchcard which is bout 15 - 17k apparently so it'd be easy profit. I'm just not sure if i would take the risk to try and get a lvl out of it ( or maybe an other prize) or just play it safe and make a little bit of profit and sell it.

What would you do?

I've used 5 scratchcards now and I get so close...but I still haven't won. On one of the cards, I was one scratch away from getting 10k....that last scratch was not what I wanted.. so If you don't have the luck, I would say sell it.The 5 scratchcards sure didn't gain me any NPs...

Personally, I think its better to always sell that kidn've item. If you sell every nerk, scratchcard, etc... that you come across, you'll make more of a profit than you would if you used them all.

Scratchcards give you a level on a random pet, not necessarily your active pet. Now that more people are trying to rapid-level to get to red-codestone training (though this has tapered off a bit, as more people have reached their goal), I find they're worth reselling. For a while, I was keeping stats on every scratchcard I scratched to determine their probabilities, but I lost the data when my old hard drive died. The cheapest cards are worth scratching, but I don't think any of the higher ones are at their current prices (Terror Trove used to be worth it, but I think their price has jumped too much). I didn't have enough data on Peak O' Plenty or anything rarer to make firm conclusions. I found with the rarer scratch cards, my chance of winning on each card seemed to actually go down because there were more prizes (so it was harder to get 3 of the same thing).

That being said, if you really need just 1 level and you're scared to train, scratchcards are one of the easiest ways to do it (if you can't do Count Von Roo). I recently tried it myself because the ninja school was being overly generous with bonuses and I didn't want to bump up to 3 reds. After 3 days of scratching, I went ahead and trained, and luckily got only 1 level. (Von Roo is 3am for me, and I have the avvie. I really don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night to try to lose the avvie, especially when I might accidentally do harm, and then I'd have to get up in the middle of the night again to eventually get the avvie back, which also will probably take several nights.)