Please help me with this advert problem. I can't go on Neopets anymore.

Hesternal

Please help me. I am so frustrated and I have run out of ideas.

I am encountering a bad ad on Neopets. When it comes up, I get a pop up dialogue box telling me that to continue I must download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. I know that it is a fake so I click the x to close it. It then redirects me to a fake Adobe page and downloads a fake installer. The website it takes me to is download.adoodeo.com then a bunch of extensions and what not.

I can not visit Neopets on my laptop at all because the ad is so frequent that It is practically impossible. I can access the site via my ipad which I have been doing and have started a board about this under the help section. Many people have suggested things but nothing has worked so far. I have scanned my computer many, many times with different software but it has turned up nothing. I do not have any virus or malware currently but this website is certainly trying to get me to install some.

Using my ipad I used the abuse form to contact TNT. I recieved a reply telling me to use the Submit A Ticket Feature instead. I have a hard enough time getting this to work on my laptop never mind my iPad. It does not work at all on my iPad so I can't send in a ticket.

Please help me. I have no idea what to do. Would anybody be able to send in a ticket on my behalf? My username is Hesternal.

Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome.

Here is the board that I started on Neopets.
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=155332693&next=21

I am only able to access this through my history. I am afraid to visit any Neopet site on my laptop ;l
I can do so on my iPad because the only ads I get are from Neopets.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

If you have the adblocker installed and enabled properly on neopets you shouldn't be getting any adds. I use Firefox with adblocker and I don't get any adds, which is the way it's supposed to be.

When you're able to send in a ticket to TNT, make sure you provide as much detailed information as possible so they can remove the add causing the problem.

I have no idea why I get the ads on Neopets. It seems to work perfectly well for other sites. I'll see if I have more luck on Firefox.

The adblocker is working on Firefox. At least now I can send in a help ticket.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You probably messed with the settings on your adblocker to allow adds on neopets. Double check that you didn't set Neopets pages to always allow adds. That could be part of your problem right there. Other then that I don't really know what to suggest. TNT needs to be made aware of the add so they can remove it, not much we can do about that. If you get your adblocker working, that will protect your computer. :)

Sure. I'm submitting a ticket to them now. I didn't touch the settings though as I installed this adblocker only when I began having these problems. After enabling it, I did nothing further.

Uh... I have no idea what to make of this message I just received from TNT

Hi! Thanks for the report! We are aware that the Help Center is being a little difficult. Please try and submit your help ticket using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml .If you’re still experiencing an error when submitting a ticket, please feel free to send a direct email to [email protected] so someone can address your issue. When sending an email, please be sure to be very detailed and include all pertinent information (username, email address, date of birth, description of issue etc.)

The following is the message(s) that caused you to receive this warning. Any profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms have been replaced with asterisks (****):

it then goes on to repeat the first post of my board a couple of times.

The board is now deleted...

So, did my report work or not? And did I recieve a warning or not? What the heck. So unclear. I don't want to clog up the system with multiple tickets but I have no idea if my ticket worked or not. I recieved this pretty much right after submitting it.

I should mention that there was not any profanity etc involved as stated in the warning aspect of the message. Guh.

Please don't post multiple times in a row. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Casually reading one of the neoboard where I hang out, I found out that it's a bad ad causing it and many people are affected.

Tutorial for the Chrome adblocker and Neopets.

And the ticket interface for Neopets is located here => http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml

If you can't access it with your technology, there is no alternative. They won't take into consideration a board you create to complain or what is sent to them through the abuse form.

I assume your "warning" was TNT's way of letting you know how to submit a ticket; I think the Neoboard monitors only have access to the warning system, and so that's what they used to try to help you get help (because that's a different department). So I think it's not a real "warning" so much as helpful info. Since you were able to submit a ticket, just leave that ticket open, and you'll eventually get a response (usually it's e-mailed to me; you can also check the status through the help system -- it sounds like your "warning" was only in response to your board, not your ticket -- the monitor wouldn't have known you were able to successfully submit a ticket).

Have you cleared your cache in Chrome? I find ABP in Firefox is easier to adjust than in Chrome, but you should be able to add additional filters to block Neopets' ads. I suppose you could try uninstalling the extension and then reinstalling it, using a guide specifically for Neopets ad-blocking. (I disable ABP on every site I visit regularly -- except Neopets. Between all the Flash ads and the malicious ads that sneak through every once in a while, I just don't trust the site. It's kind of silly, because I think they lose more in ad revenue because of all the people who use ABP on their site compared to if they had a more moderate amount of ads and fewer people blocking the ads. Neopets is Advert-Attack.)

I had the Adblocker Plus for Chrome as well, and after a couple of days, I started getting ads again (actually just one, annoying, page-filling ad). I deleted ABP and got a different one, AdBlock, and it works perfectly now.

I don't know if this is the same thing that's happening to you, but it might be worth trying a different adblocker.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I have had success using ABP on Firefox but I really would prefer to use Chrome so I'll try removing and reinstalling and perhaps installing a couple others also.

I've just removed ABP and run CCleaner. I then reinstalled and no longer have ads on Neopets while using Chrome. Hurrah! Problem should be sorted now :)

For me at least... I feel that there should be a far more simple and direct process to report bad ads on Neopets as this one was really screwing with my experience and also with my laptop o_O

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.