Hacked and Frozen :<

Kalmiya

Hello. Yesterday, I decided, to play a game that my friend plays a lot, it looked fun. And so I created a neopets account, I choose a cute little blue shyrou as my neopet and she's adorable. I tried to play games to earn neopoints but the only one that would load was kassbasher so that's the one I played. And today I decide to play again, I was browsing shops and I saw an item for a more than reasonable price in a user's shop. So I clicked it, and unbeknownst to me, that wasn't actually an item, that was a redirect page to a fake log in page. So what did I do? Being tired and numb brained, I, without thought, reflexively entered all my account details to log in, and dreadidly hit enter. It was right after that I realized that something was off, looked up at the web url, and knew that I was doomed. So then, the first thing I did, was fly over to my account settings, change my password, and thought I was safe. I reported the player, and, thought that was that. Next thing I know, several minutes later I'm looking at a screen telling me:

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.

If you think the above reason was applied to you by mistake, please contact our support staff by clicking here. Don't forget to include your USERNAME and explain why you think your account should not have been frozen. If you DID break the rules, please do not contact us again. Your account will NOT be unfrozen and you will not get your Neopet or items returned. But, you are welcome to create a new account, as long as you follow the rules.

Remember to read our Terms of Use thoroughly.

So I clicked the link, and it brings me to three options:

Open a ticket:

Report Abuse:

and Snail mail:

It seems the top 2 would be the ones I want, except they require me to be logged in, However, I cannot log in, because I get the same screen telling me that I've been banned.

I've looked around on the only page for several hours I can but I just keep getting notes and redirects telling me that I HAVE to log in just to reach any kind of admin. Is there some kind of link, or email I'm missing that anyone can please post for me? If so thank you. I am still very new and so far my experience has been very very not fun :<

The best way to work on getting your account back is to make another one and send a ticket from there regarding your frozen account. Since it was frozen for your protection, there's a good chance you'll get it back, it could just take awhile. In the meantime, you can play on the other account until your first one is unfrozen. At that point, if you wish to continue using your first account, you'll need to cease playing games and such on the new account (known as a side). Many people wait 24 hours when they switch main accounts, just to be safe, since you're not allowed to use two separate accounts for making neopoints or getting items (though TNT has said it's fine to change mains or play on a different account while waiting for an account to be unfrozen).

For more info about Main and Side accounts, you can take a look at this thread.

Personally, since you just started anyway, i wouldn't even really bother with that account and just make a new one. However, If you really want your original account back that badly then I could only repeat what Emily already has said

Personally, since you just started anyway, i wouldn't even really bother with that account and just make a new one...

I didn't even think about that. You're right, Yasha. It's pretty galling to lose your account on the first day, but you're so new that I can't imagine you've done much, so it would be okay to start over.

The only situation where I could imagine wanting to get your account back is if you're a vet and you were starting all over and had done a lot in the first few days. Like if I had lost my new main when I was restarting. Even though I have a side that's almost sixteen months old, I've been working hard getting avvies from games and items and such on the new main, so I'd be very upset.

Good luck, Kalmiya.