Newbie to the Secret Lab Map

emlatty

Hey guys,

So I'm new to this forum but not to Neopets. I've always wanted to collect the 9 pieces to unlock the Secret Lab Ray, so I've been saving for quite some time. I should mention I've been on neopets for about 10 years, but I've only recently gotten back into playing. That's when I decided I'd save up 1 million neopoints and then begin purchasing the pieces.

And today was that day! I have 5/9 pieces, you know the cheaper ones available on the shop wiz. Anyways, I really can't find the rest and I'm not sure what to do. Also, I'm kind of running out of np, I've looked a lot for the best deals but man, it's expensive for me!

I'm not as experienced as most of you guys, so I just thought I'd ask for some helpful advice!

Thanks guys.

Hi there! You'll be able to find the other ones on the Trading Post and in the Auction House. :) Some of the pieces are expensive, but with a bit of work, you'll get there!

You can also try playing KeyQuest, which can give out some good prizes that will help you get closer to your goal, but the map pieces themselves are possible prizes. :) Playing Habitarium gives you a tonne of NP as well. Try searching for Habitarium in the TDN search bar- we've had a lot of topics about tips and tricks for that. :)

I saved for six years to get all the pieces of the map. Only a few months ago I completed it. Was missing 2 pieces and didn't have much money. Played a few games and looked trought the deposit what things could I sell. Got them in reasonable price in the trading post. After negociating a bit both parts were happy, even though my bank account was at 0 :)

playing lots of games daily including the X2 game soon makes you lots of np also habitarium is a good way to earn lots of np ..once you are up to level 50 you will make oodles every day :)

good luck - its good to have a goal to aim for, like a certain amount of np per week, keep track to encourage yourself. I found that made good fun working towards the amount I needed.

I cleared out my bank account a couple of years ago to get my map. And then a couple of months after I got it, the prices of the pieces started dropping :( But it is totally worth it! If you want to keep all 4 of your pets and you find the colors you aren't willing to rezap in fear that they will change, then it will become useless. So, I only keep three of my pets and then I zap a fourth until I'm satisfied and stick it in the pound for someone who doesn't have lab ray to adopt. :)

Also, if you're going to get the lab map then don't forget to spend the 7k or so on the petpet lab map so that way you can zap your petpets too :)