His stats are:

HP: 75

Att: 68

Def: 67

Speed: 55

His equipment is:

2x scarab ring

1x Lesser Healing Scroll

And some other items I rarely use, sometimes I add a muffin for him to throw.

Now, Saiboul is retiring from the battledome soon, since Taipico(whom I have been training) is finally catching up to him!

4.png

His stats are:

HP: 70

Att: 70

Def: 70

Speed: 70

Now he needs equipment!

NP isn't a problem. I don't want to spend millions so don't go over the top, but for good results I'm happy to pay some good NP. Especially since I'm going to keep training him forever so yeah :P

My preference goes out to a set that matches him. E.g. a lance would fit the royal theme. But of course the most important thing is he'll be a powerful Aisha.

I train him on a daily basis, and yes I am training all his stats and keeping it that way.

So yes, please give me advice what equipment would be good for him! :D

Hi!

My current battlepet is Saiboul.

4.png

His stats are:

HP: 75

Att: 68

Def: 67

Speed: 55

His equipment is:

2x scarab ring

1x Lesser Healing Scroll

And some other items I rarely use, sometimes I add a muffin for him to throw.

Now, Saiboul is retiring from the battledome soon, since Taipico(whom I have been training) is finally catching up to him!

4.png

His stats are:

HP: 70

Att: 70

Def: 70

Speed: 70

Now he needs equipment!

NP isn't a problem. I don't want to spend millions so don't go over the top, but for good results I'm happy to pay some good NP. Especially since I'm going to keep training him forever so yeah :P

My preference goes out to a set that matches him. E.g. a lance would fit the royal theme. But of course the most important thing is he'll be a powerful Aisha.

I train him on a daily basis, and yes I am training all his stats and keeping it that way.

So yes, please give me advice what equipment would be good for him! :D

Speed isn't necessary unless you want the Heavy Robe of Thievery, the only stealing weapon that doesn't go to your opponent after use with a 100% success rate. But as far as I know, it is glitched right now and does not work. But if you want, you could still train Speed, as it is your pet.

I do not know of any viable weapon which fits your pet's theme.

Train Str, and Def to 80 using the Swashbuckling Academy and use the training school to train your pet's HP to 120. The train level to 63 and up your str and def to 125.

For Weapons, If you want to limit your set to ~1 million or so, consider this:

Rusty Pitchfork (11 attack icons constant, 5 physical icons defense)

Scroll of Knowledge (11 attack icons constant)

Sophies Magic Hat (14 defend icons of 4 types)

Wanderers Cloak (12 defend icons of 5 types for 1P)

Any muffin

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (50% freeze, not really essential)

Downsize! (50% damage reduction, once per battle)

Greater Healing Scroll or straight to Rejuvenating Jar of Brains (50 HP heal and 60 HP heal, respectively)

Abilities:

Static Cling

Shade

An Icicle

Lens Flare (once you reach level 50)

Positive Thinking (not really needed, but faerie bottles are insanely cheap anyway)

This should cost you 1.335 to 1.7 million NP. (JN IDB, no time to check SW/TP)

If you need more information, check:

battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com

battlepedia.jellyneo.net

Hope this helps!

You can also check the recommended weapon sets at the Battlepedia.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

All of those weapons are a good power-to-price ratio and you can mix and match.

Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated! :)

Question:

Isn't throwing nacho's almost just as good as the pitchfork? Not that nacho's look good on a royal, but it beats a lame pitchfork. I just don't like pitchforks hahaha

Yes, but it doesn't have the 5 physical icons defense that make it worth 500k. The Scroll of Knowledge does 11 icons also at 15k less.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean this?
http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/1002/

it's rarity index is r99, r99 items are HARD to find. They almost never restock, I've never seen one in a npc shop actually. The full armours, if I recall correctly, usually go for around 1 mil, give or take a couple hundred thousand NP. Worth it to collectors maybe, but most if not all of the Full Armours are pretty useless in battle. I got hold of a Full Peophin Armour for my collection, and I couldn't give it any higher than a rating of 2. :( It almost physically hurt doing that. LOL Here is an excerpt from that review...

What is with the Full Armours? [at Dec 15th, 2012; 11:39 PM]
2 / 10
tcg_wizard.gif
Aquamentis12 Why are they so useless?

Like most other Full pet Armours, this one sadly falls short. It's probably best for either galleries, or Illusen/Jhudora quests. (I've actually had this item requested by Illusen once.)
With the price going around 1 to 3 million np. (as of the last time I checked a few months ago) This is just not worth it for battle purposes.

If you want to stop fire for your peophin there are a number of non-species items out there that could do much better than this.

I'd almost forgotten about that review. lol But, it really is a shame, one would expect that a FULL body armor would do a MUCH better job than the Full species armors do.

If you want to get one for a collection, sure, but as for taking it into battle, it really isn't worth the price.

Oooh~ Thanks :)

ALso thanks everyone for the advice :)

I decided to go with a cheaper set to get comfy with the whole BD experience, it's still taking a lot of getting used to to figure out what the enemy's items weakness are which of my items I have to use to counter those etc.

So Taipico now has:

Golden Compass

Scroll of Ultranova (lol 1np)

Scroll of the Scholar

Blue Draping Cloak

Greater Healing Scroll.

So it cost me about 30-40k to read my pet 400 books :P

And I still take a big load of damage when I use his special attack, blue draping cloak and greater healing scroll in battle.

So yeah... I'm thinking of replacing blue draping cloak since it's not much of a shield. I'm able to defeat Hedge Witch and Zombie Hooligan but to win 10 battles I have to use a potion to restore him back to health after 5 battles because his HP is so vulnarable for attack still.

What kind of items should I equip?

I mean I don't want to have lame looking items. They have to be fancy. Medieval type fancy.

Not top hat and cane because that's more industrial type fancy.

I thought bryn's sword and the bow of destiny are cool. BUT I only have 3mil... so that's a lot of money for me to spend on a single weapon :(

Should I go for wanderers cloak instead like I was advized? Or am I underestimating my draping cloak?

Actually according to JN, Blue Draping Cloak also requires that your opponent have a movement greater than 20. But since all 1P challengers have a movement of 0, you will not receive the extra defense. Dich it and buy Wanderers Cloak/Sophies Magic Hat instead.

Raichi, sounds like you've joined The Sway this round, right? Are you using our 1-player profiles in deciding on your battle equipment? If not, it can really help if you do. ;) Here is the page with all of the profiles assembled on the Obelisk War opponents.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/14/

As for your equipment. The cloak you currently use would be best for 2-player battles. If you're not going to do those, then you might as well sell it. Wanderers Cloak Looks cool, but also looks like not everything is known about it. On top of that, I just checked the TP and it's about 150k.

I would suggest a Leaf Shield, if you don't already have one. I know, it's an old and tired suggestion, but with your battle pets at equal levels, it should defend you fairly well. I still keep one on-hand, and actually IN my set. It's served me well for MANY years. lol

Have you tried Neoquest 2 by any chance? You mentioned the Bow of Destiny, one of the neatest looking items from the game. If you beat the game on InSaNe mode, you MIGHT get it. MIGHT though. And since I don't see any Neoquest 2 trophy on your lookup, I can only guess either you haven't beaten it, or you haven't played it at all. I've gone through it several times. Unfortunately when I beat it on InSaNe mode, I got the worst weapon for that difficulty. The Staff of Righteous Fury. But, that's where the Bow of Destiny comes from. You DO have to beat NQ2 on Normal and then Hard modes first.That unlocks InSaNe. Though, if you do play on InSaNe and die, then you have to start over from the beginning. Whereas in Normal and Hard mode, you start where you last rested, an Inn, or the beginning of that chapter's start point. Oh and like most RPGs, if you fall in battle in Normal or Hard mode, you lose half of your gold.

Just suggesting NQ2 because it's a possible way of getting a BoD or WoR without shelling out the millions for them. XD

Since you're battling on a budget, it would seem, look for items that might help you but are so common they are cheap. Expert Lens is great for reflecting 50% light, and so far as we know, doesn't break. For Blocking some Darkness and Air at the same time, I'd direct you to the Earthen Scorchstone. For freezing, there is of course the level 50 ability, Lens Flare. But for an item that freezes the round after it's used. Randomly Firing Freeze Ray gives a chance to freeze and won't break. I believe it also has a weakish attack on turns where it doesn't freeze.

I hope this helps some. If you've got a specific opponent in mind you want to beat. It's easier to say what items you might look to for defeating them. Before going after a new opponent, "new" as in one that I haven't fought before, I always check out the active 1-player opponent profiles. If you didn't already know, they can be found here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/

(This is the MAIN profile page link, not the one that displays all of the Obelisk War opponents that only become active during the skirmishes)

Good luck and happy battling! :)