April Fools', Everybody!

Eric

med_rot_nip.gif2000neopoints.gifbrocolli.gif

As today's the first of the month, don't forget to collect your freebies!

Also, remember that today is score reset night. Time again to try for that elusive trophy. Good luck, all. :)

Finally, the Neopets April Fools' Joke seems to be coming to a nice start.

Where's the Battledome Chat? :O

Update 1: It appears that the Battledome itself has been shut down, as part of the joke. Oh, bravo, TNT. Read more about it here.

Update 2: In accordance to the 'closing' of the Battledome, all Battledome related shops are now closed. This includes Battle Magic, Haunted Weaponry, and even the Hidden Tower! Bad luck to restockers, too.

On that note, remember that today is the only day (until next year) you can get the Quiguki April Fools Avatar. You can obtain this cutesy little critter by visting the News page today. :)

quigukiArmageddon.gifacara_baby_cry.gifquigukiArmageddon.gif

Say it isn't so!

*Yawns*

If this is TNT's idea of a joke, then they don't have much of an imagination.

Random n00b pops in: OMG! WH3R3 DA BD B04RD G0?!?11

Booooring.

Another random n00b pops in: OMG!!11one TA D0M3 B3 G0N3!!!!22 WH3R3 SHA11 MY CR@PPY P3T L0S3 3V3RY B@TL3 N0W!!?!2/1

Still, very boring.

How about a prank where TNT declares that Neopets will no longer be a free service, all throughout April Fools day everyone would be getting random messages asking them to consider paying for the service. THEN the site would be closed April 2nd for 'reconfiguring' then on the 3rd, only premium members would be allowed into the site. on the 4th, everything would be back to normal.

The healing springs are still open

Kauvara is still selling healing potions

Battledome items are not Retired

Well, Lutarist Jake, Maybe the Battledomes are closing down and the April fools joke is that everyone thought it was an april fools joke when it actually isnt.

It may or may not be a joke. The truth will be revealed tomorrow, and no sooner. However, it seems quite likely to me that this is a joke. It seems to me that any problems TNT would have would be fixable.

I think if you actually use the battledome (I don't) and you forget that it's April first, then it's a great prank. For all the newbies and people who don;t pay attention, I think it works.

They really got me last year with the neocharge system because I forgot that it was the first of April. I admit, I did send them a nasty message (which I later apologized for). I've learned better since then...

Guest EBIL Cybunny Easter!

Lol, not too imaginative this year, eh TNT?

I really liked the NeoCharge prank last year, it was so much better than today's joke...although it was quite annoying and I even sent them a letter!

Welcome back, Jas! We missed you. :)

Well, Lutarist Jake, Maybe the Battledomes are closing down and the April fools joke is that everyone thought it was an april fools joke when it actually isnt.

Well, that was what I was saying...wasn't I?

I really liked the NeoCharge prank last year, it was so much better than today's joke...although it was quite annoying and I even sent them a letter!

I missed that... :(

I agree. Neocharge was an absolutely excellent prank. :)

I tend not to trust anything happening on the 1st of April, because I'm too optimistic to think that this might not be a joke.

So true, Jasper, soooo true. :)

I had to come here to find out what the joke actually was. I didn't notice. Usually that have people's sirens blazing from the front page. Since I'm not a battledomer person, I don't visit there often enough to notice. :P

Ah, yes. I remember when I was younger, and I played on Neopets, I fell for all of them. XP

It usually took one of my friends to point out it was April 1st, and that it was a prank. The one I remember the most was the one with the changing of the appearance of Neopets. I believe I freaked out, but that was probably because I was younger and much more gullible.

I must admitt, I was a bit disappointed by this year's prank (so far, at least). However, you have to remember, that as they use up ideas, it gets more and more difficult to trick people. Especially as people begin to expect to be pranked on April 1st.

Besides, if they do a not-so-great prank this year, it might help lower some people's guards, and fool a lot more people with next years prank.