wheel of extravagance is NOT worth it.

35eggtarts

It's supposed to be a money sink .. so obviously you won't get a profit from it .. plus that avatar is really elusive !!

I used to get some good nerkmids which I sold for profit .. but now Nerkmids deflated so much it's become a loss to spin for them ..

Just do it for fun, chasing after the avie or good prizes will only give you heartache. The only wheel that's good for profit is the Wheel of Mediocrity ;)

Actually, I'm keeping a log of the wheels, and Wheel of Monotony and Wheel of Excitement are both also clearly profitable (though Mediocrity does have the best payout). Wheel of Knowledge is profitable, I think, in the long term, but I don't have enough spins to confirm that for sure yet.

I am not testing Wheel of Extravagance because it's clearly not -- when it first came out, it just about broke even (I kept a log at the time, though that died with my old hard drive), but that was before the stamp, background, nerkmids, and codestones deflated so much. (And it only broke even for me because I was training at 8 regular codestones. Once I got the avatar, I stopped because it was barely breaking even, you couldn't choose the stats, and prices were rapidly deflating. Assuming the probabilities of the various wins are the same, prices have deflated so much that it's quite clearly a loss.) I'm also not testing Wheel of Misfortune because I'm pretty sure that one is not profitable, as well, and there are too many bad results on it for me to want to find out for sure.

If you spin every day, I can see how it would be a loss, but I've made 5-6m off of it.

I only spin randomly and got a Maraquan PB from it. A staffer here also got a weapon worth 15m-20m if I recall correctly.

If you've got NPs to spare, I'd risk it. If you're just spinning for a specific reason (avatar/item) it's likely not worth it at all.

I guess I should test WoExtra then. But I don't like spinning a wheel unless it costs less than 0.1% of my bank account (ideally, I'd say less than I earn in interest each day, but since that would be nearly 300M, I don't think I'd ever get there...), so I've got a ways to go before I'm rich enough to test it. It would also be a bit more of a pain to test because the value varies based on the cost of training, so I'd have to keep stats records separately from other results so I could calculate profitability cutoffs based on training tier (if that's important).

It's so great that you're going to be getting the data for this, Siniri! :) I wish I had kept track of it while I was spinning. I doubt I even broke even, since I only ever got super cheap Nerkmids before they deflated, and I got a number of the backgrounds and stamps.

But, I do have to say that as an avatar collector, I did find the avatar to be worth the price of spinning. I've wasted FAR more NP on trying to get the Kelp avatar than the WoE, so I figure it's not that bad at all. :P

Actually, I'm keeping a log of the wheels, and Wheel of Monotony and Wheel of Excitement are both also clearly profitable (though Mediocrity does have the best payout). Wheel of Knowledge is profitable, I think, in the long term, but I don't have enough spins to confirm that for sure yet.

I find it hard to believe that Wheel of Knowledge is profitable. Are you saying that just based on the value of job coupons?

I find it hard to believe that Wheel of Knowledge is profitable. Are you saying that just based on the value of job coupons?

Based on books (it tends to give out different books now, worth 1k to 2k apiece), job coupons, some foods (not just Brightvale berries anymore, it now gives out some foods that are worth 1k to 2k apiece), and certain scrolls (Greater Healing Scroll, for one -- which I haven't priced in a while). I've not won any of the rarer prizes since I've started keeping track, but I've won at least 3 or 4 GHS's, some other decent-valued scrolls (especially with wartime inflation -- I always hoard them until then), and numerous job coupons in the past, so I'm tracking at least 1000 wins before I determine whether it's profitable or not. Even without winning a big-ticket item, it's close to breaking even; a single ~10k-valued win would nudge it into profit, and I've been on a month-long losing streak.

I only spin randomly and got a Maraquan PB from it. A staffer here also got a weapon worth 15m-20m if I recall correctly.

That was me :D In the process of spinning for the avvie. Then I blew it all on stamps xD

Defnitely don't spin if you're trying to make a profit. The odds of winning back more than you spend is extremely slim. I'd wager that in the process of spinning, I broke even, including the sale of the pricey weapon. I was spinning every day (thank goodness for habi), and there were weeks when I would get nothing 6 or 7 out of 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I would tend to agree that it doesn't seem worth it on a daily basis. I went for the avatar and luckily got it in a few months I believe. While going for the avatar I got a very rare booktastic book that was worth 50 mil so I wouldn't say that it can't be worth your while it will just be expensive trying to make it worth it.