Let's talk about our TDNF usernames!

leverhelven

Ohai guys! I see a lot of interesting (and sometimes weird) usernames here on the forums, and I was just wondering: what do your usernames mean, guys? :)

Mine, for example, is the name of an imaginary kingdom I created when I was a teenager. I'd write about its cities, citizens, make up stories for them... Good old days :king:

What abour your username? :)

My real name is Christina. But when I was little and learning to talk Christina was too dificult to say, and so I kinda mushed it together and said Tinti instead. And so my dad has allways called me tinti. My sister think it's a bit silly, but i feel like it's an invisible part of my name ;)

Ohai guys! I see a lot of interesting (and sometimes weird) usernames here on the forums, and I was just wondering: what do your usernames mean, guys? :)

Mine, for example, is the name of an imaginary kingdom I created when I was a teenager. I'd write about its cities, citizens, make up stories for them... Good old days :king:

What abour your username? :)

Actually... the backstory of mine is close to yours. Xepha comes from a short novel I wrote when I was 14 (expanded to an unfinished longer scfi novel.) In that story, Xepha is a planet of art, nature and knowledge. ^.^ All of my others internet aliases come from that story too.

My real name is Christina. But when I was little and learning to talk Christina was too dificult to say, and so I kinda mushed it together and said Tinti instead. And so my dad has allways called me tinti. My sister think it's a bit silly, but i feel like it's an invisible part of my name ;)

This is absolutely adorable. I am half tempted to name a future child Christina so I can call them Tinti. My mother has a similar story. Her name is Vesela (pronounced phonetically), but that was too hard for her when she was little, so she named herself Eti. So cute!

To answer the question, my username is something that just popped into my mind in the days of IMVU. I used to use characters as names as well, but for whatever reason NImphal is now my main alias on many many websites. I like it.

Mine comes from some of my first years on the internet. I joined a Rainbow Brite fan group on Yahoo. (Rainbow Brite is a cartoon from the early 80s for those that haven't heard of it.) Most of the members of the group picked a character name as their nickname so that everyone else knew who you were and could address you without having to give more information that you wanted to.

I picked Spritzie because I liked how it looked and sounded. Spritzie was one of the female blue Sprites.

SpritzieSprite.jpg

And it stuck and has been my go-to online nickname ever since.

My first was just my name, Karina.

My second was YTTRIUM--and it was just a joke from the five letter logic forum.

My third was Farewell to Apathy, because I was gloating over kicking Apathy's booty in the plot. (I was a Seeker.)

After a while, I was like, "Well, that's out of date. But I just don't care." So I welcomed Apathy back.

Mine isn't very creative at all. :P

When I was younger, my favorite Backstreet Boy was Howie (or "Howie D"), and they sometimes referred to him as "Sweet D". (And since my name is Dayanara, well...snerk)

But I hear when you reach 400 posts, you can change it, so I'll just have to keep chugging along. (I'm over halfway there right now! Woohoo!)

When I change, I'll either go with Novelista (Spanish for "novelist", since I am...a novelist, not Spanish. :laughingsmiley:) or Jamie's FanGirl, since I lovelovelove James Remar.

Sweetheart_zpsd3f57c13.jpg

Mmm...yummy! ;)
(*gigglefit*)

Mine is an Alice in Wonderland reference, from when Alice meets the Cheshire cat. 'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice; 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!' It's also my main neopets account name.

Mine is pretty simple.

"Mariposa" is the Spanish word for butterfly.

Spanish is my second language, and the first half of the word looks like my real name (Mary), so I thought it would be a nice, simple username.

Mine is just my first name + the first two syllables of my last name... It's also my neopets username.
I know it's kind of dull, but since my first username on neopets was very embarrassing (and the reason why I self-froze), I figured my new name should be something I wouldn't regret later. So my actual name was the best choice for me, haha.

Mine is pretty simple.
"Mariposa" is the Spanish word for butterfly.
Spanish is my second language, and the first half of the word looks like my real name (Mary), so I thought it would be a nice, simple username.

Wow, mariposa in Portugese means moth! How curious!

(actually, Spanish and Portuguse are really similar, I'm more surprised by the fact that the same word in this case doesn't mean the same thing :D )

Mine is just my first name + the first two syllables of my last name... It's also my neopets username.

I know it's kind of dull, but since my first username on neopets was very embarrassing (and the reason why I self-froze), I figured my new name should be something I wouldn't regret later. So my actual name was the best choice for me, haha.

Ooooooh, now I'm curious!!! Can't you tell us what was that very embarrassing username? :P :P

My TDN username is based on my neopets account brightmanchild, which use to be my main account until I lost access to it. After TNT answer my ticket, numuh_1 has remained my main account because it's the oldest, therefore the best for food club. ^_^ Brightmanchild comes from a random name generator that I had fun with a long time ago. I really don't like the name anymore, though, and am looking forward to changing it.

Mine is a twist on my first name. Freshman year my friends wanted me to make an instagram but I was stuck on the account name because I wanted it to be a quirky version of my name lol. So my best friend came up with kimbearlyn which is kimberlyn with an a to sound more like cute bear haha and I loved it so much it's become my go to account name since :)

Just a condescend version of my main account name. I changed it for several reasons, mostly because some bad seeds from here were contacting TDN Staff via their Neopets accounts. Do not want.

ANYWAY... Heartbreak is from a Kanye West song. You know the rest.