What is wrong with this?

Last week I did a free trade on the trading post, a Strawberry Quiggle Cupcake. Not worth much, and I got a "friendly reminder"

What crosses the line between what is allowed to be given away and not given away? I've seen paint brushes for free on the trading post so I assumed a cupcake would be fine.

This is a friendly reminder that we do not allow giveaways. If you wish to help out some of our... less fortunate Neopians, please consider donating to the Money Tree!

The following is the message(s) that caused you to receive this warning. Any profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms have been replaced with asterisks (****):

free to anyone needing a smile : )

Also, I linked the S above to the description of the cupcake....

I'm unsure, I put stuff up in the trading post for free all of the time.... I never knew I could get in trouble for it or that it was against the rules. /: I normally put something similar to what you have on there, too. "free to any hungry pets" or something like that.

You'd think that since technically they have to offer something (a junk item at the very least) that it couldn't be considered a giveaway, anyways. It's still a trade.

Maybe it'd be best to just offer something up on the board and give it to the person you think deserves/needs it most? I know giving stuff to people is not illegal for certain.

Ok thanks for the suggestions... Maybe because I had put up three that day? I tended to put out happy looking items as free trades...

I don't know how to quote... but

Huh also news to me. I also put up "Free or best offer" trades on the regular.

Maybe something worth asking the editorial about.

How do you ask the editorial? And what is the editorial?