Catz 4 and Windows 8?

Naamah D.

I played the old school Petz games when I was a little kid and I was on Amazon and found a copy of Catz 4. I use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 now and I'm really starting to wonder if a game like that can run on my laptop.

Oh my goodness I LOVED those games. ;u; I would always make my games crash by downloading mods to get dragons and unicorns and stuff, ahaha.

I'm pretty sure you could!

If it won't run directly, there are plenty of old windows emulators that you can install to make a disc compatible to play. ^_^ Just search the term "Windows XP (or 98 or whatever) emulator for Windows 8" and I'm sure you'll find something.

If it worked on previous versions of Windows, chances are it will work on Windows 8. If it fails to run normally, right click the program's shortcut or executable and open its properties, then set it to run in compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows.

Wow I'm glad I found this, I lost my Catz 5 but I have Dogz 5.. I am thinking of ordering Catz 5 again off Amazon, it is literally like $5. Last time I checked, anyway. :D Thanks, guys.

Edit:

Omg this is so confusing.

Can someone help?

I also have Windows 8 and I want to play Petz... Eep. Help?

What would be a good emulator to use? I tried running Dogz 5 (On my windows 8) in Service pack 1-3 Xp, in Vista, and even in Windows 7.

And... the petz come out with No eyes.. LoL.

i had to install it directly onto my C Drive, so it's not in a folder. That could be a problem, as far as I can see.

Sorry, Naamah, not trying to hijack your thread!

I had every version of Catz, and I miss playing on a new computer. I wish they would make a Catz 6 for Windows 7. Barring that, upgrade the whole series for Windows 7.

What would be a good emulator to use? I tried running Dogz 5 (On my windows 8) in Service pack 1-3 Xp, in Vista, and even in Windows 7.

And... the petz come out with No eyes.. LoL.

i had to install it directly onto my C Drive, so it's not in a folder. That could be a problem, as far as I can see.

Sorry, Naamah, not trying to hijack your thread!

Lower your screen resolution to something like 1280x960 or until it works (1024x768 is the safest).