New to battledome! Guide Help!

Hello everyone,

This is my first tdnf post I think. Sorry if I make any English mistakes, English is not my first language.

I am new to battledome, well not new new because I did a few fights, but I should say that I don't have very much knowledge about battledome.

I have a Korbat called Shendolino, these are his battledome stats:

Hit Points: 48 / 45
Strength: EXCELLENT (46)
Defence: EXCELLENT (44)
Movement: GREAT (28)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (153)

And these are his weapons:

earth_leafsheild.gifbd_heavybattlehammer.gif
Leaf Shield Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer

bd_sword_snowager.gifbd_ring_scarab.gif

Snowager Sword Scarab Ring

bd_ring_scarab.gifspb_ddy15_anslhacan.gif

Scarab Ring Anti-Slorg Hand Cannon

bvs_forgetfulness.gifbd_chomby_ancientshield.gif

Scroll of the Sea Ancient Chomby Shield

Abilities

large_10.png

Halitosis

large_13.png

Meditate

large_17.png

Positive Thinking

So, can anyone tell what should I train my pet and what weapons should i change/buy to make my pet stronger, what abilities should I choose?

I always use two Scarab Rings and Meditate.

Thank you for helping!

It looks like you've got a great start to your weapon set. Right now you have 2 defense items (Leaf Shield and Ancient Chomby Shield), 3 dual duties (Scarab Ring and Snowager Sword), and 3 purely attack weapons (Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, Anti-Slorg Cannon, and Scroll of the Sea).

My suggestion is to sell your Anti-Slorg Cannon, Scroll of the Sea, and Ancient Chomby Shield. 6 icons of attack or defense really isn't very much, and you can upgrade those weapons for pretty cheap. (Plus the Chomby Shield only works for Chombys. Your pet is a Korbat so that pet will not be able to use that weapon.) You could also replace your Scarab Ring. Scarab Ring used to be a great beginner weapon, but it's pretty outdated now. Other dual duties like Snowager Sword can serve you better.

You may want to try to round out your set with some different weapon options. Downsize! is a great weapon that can really help you in a pinch. You could also leave a space for some 15-icon muffins like Smelly Dung Muffin, which are helpful as bombs when you want to hit hard for one turn. I'm always a fan of freezers like Snowglobe Staff, Scroll of Freezing, or the one-use Thrown Slushie Cup. And if you're interested in a healer, Lesser Healing Scroll is a great option for you.

Most well-rounded sets usually have 2 attack weapons (including dual duties), 2 shields, 1 freezer, 1 healer, 1 bomb, and Downsize!. Some people choose to rotate in other weapons, too, so they might have 2-3 attack weapons and 2-3 shields. You can also make use of 50% reflectors like Shovel Plus, especially if you're fighting an opponent that favors one icon type.

Overall, I suggest you check out the Battlepedia's Basic Weapon Set guide. All of the weapons on that page are recommended and they typically have a good power-to-price ratio.

If you're looking for help with abilities, take a look at the Faerie Abilities guide. The recommended abilities are shaded in the table. If you want more in-depth information on it, _Mariokart_'s Petpage Guide is a good one.

Please note that different weapons will not help make your pet stronger, that is, help your pet gain stats or strength in particular. There are only a few "weapons" that help your pet gain strength points such as Power Negg or Neovian Strength Potion. They are all pretty pricey, too. You'd be better off training at the Mystery Island Training School. You can learn more about that school at the Mystery Island Training School guide. You might also be interested in our Fast Training Guide.

Good luck!