Greetings from rainy Germany

Sian

Hello there!

I should actually be heading out to the shops so I can buy something to eat, but as it´s raining outside atm I thought I instead join this board and introduce myself!

You can call me Sian - which is not my real name, as it´s a welsh name and I´m (sadly) german - and I´m a 27 year old student of English literature. I´m currently working on my Bachelor thesis - when I´m not playing games on Neopets that is. I also work in a huuuuge book store, usually the night shift as we are open till midnight - no reason to feel bad for me about that, I usually spend my time reading, just as I would at home, but this way I get paid for it!

As you might have already guessed I like reading (I´m currently reading 6 books) but I´m also a big fan of movies and TV shows - I like too many to list them all here and now, but I promise I´ll answer if you ask - and music. I have also been known to knit and crochet at times.

I rejoined Neopets after 8 years, mostly because I was looking for a way to play simple online games when I needed a distraction from my thesis or while I was watching something and got fed up with all the invites and stuff you have to deal with on Facebook.

So, yeah...here I am now...

And as I´m getting really hungry, I should probably get Sherm, my trusted umbrella and head out. Whish me luck!

I'm half welsh and half german..I would love to visit germany one day! I also recently joined neopets once again after a long haitus and am always looking for new books to read. I'm currently working on the maze runner series, it's really good! nice to meet you and welcome back to neo :)

I just got back from visiting Germany for a week! We stayed in Heidelberg and visited some other cities from there, but it was very beautiful! I didn't want to leave! :(

I´ve to admit I´ve never been to Heidelberg myself...which other cities did you visit?

I'm half welsh and half german..I would love to visit germany one day! I also recently joined neopets once again after a long haitus and am always looking for new books to read. I'm currently working on the maze runner series, it's really good! nice to meet you and welcome back to neo :)

Nice to meet you, too. :)

That´s one of the perks of working in a book store, I don´t have to look for books coz I am surrounded by them *gackles manically*

Hadn´t heard of the "maze runner"s before but it sounds interessting. Will see if I can get my hands on it this side of the Atlantic...

Yeah, it´s really awesome! Esp since I also get a 25% discount on books, CDs and DVDs - which also makes me very popular with my RL friends :party:

I just checked out your art page - and voted for Phean in the BC - you are very, very, VERY talented. Sadly I can´t draw to save my life...

I visited Germany for two weeks previously and I'm part German and Welsh (and Italian). I have been learning German for a few months now, as I find it a very beautiful language I'd like to speak fluently. Occasionally I find myself even thinking in German :) I even have a Volkswagon! My mate is even a beautiful, tall German. Did I mention one of my dogs is a German Shepherd mix?? :D

Ich liebe Deutschland!!

Oh, it's raining here too, although I'm a little bit more to the east than you ;)

I've spent some time in Munich a couple of years ago and since then I'm trying to learn German - it's not easy though :)

And I must admit, you have a wonderful job :) :)

I have been learning German for a few months now, as I find it a very beautiful language I'd like to speak fluently. Occasionally I find myself even thinking in German :)

[...] I'm trying to learn German - it's not easy though :)

wow, so much love for Germany. <3 If any of you want to practise your german I am available - I even took a "teaching German as a foreign/second language" course once

I got the Rosetta Stone for Xmas~ I insisted it was the only thing I wanted, the full 5 levels! Recently I was doing it while waiting in a busy dr's office (for 2 hours)… I got lots of evil eyes for being the crazy lady in the corner softly speaking German to her Macbook!

wow spookydana, that sounds really ambitious! And I know how it feels to be the 'crazy lady' - though I usually get that look because I´m listening to British radio plays on my phone and people wonder what I´m giggling about...

jackie_rawr, I think I´ve been to Stuttgart before...but not sure. But it sounds like you visited some places with really nice Altstadt - it´s what we call the historic parts of our towns - and nature around it. I´ve lived in the Ruhrgebiet for the last 6 years - near Cologne - and that is totally different, mostly coz most of the historic parts had been destroyed in a war or two...But yeah, Germany is definitly better than France!! (am I allowed to say this? :shiftyeyes_anim: )
Are you from San Antonio, Texas?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sian. Big fan of books, movies and tv shows too. Would be so awesome to work in a book store but I won't get paid as much as I would like to. So have to stick to a job that isn't as fun to generate the income that I want. Boo.

Have gifted you a random item on Neopets. Hope you accept my neofriend request. :)