Making a new account?

oikakete

Hello everyone!

I've been having this problem ever since I came back to neopets about a year ago. For whatever reason, I can't ever get past the first page when I want to create a new side account. The username I want is always available, and when I click proceed, it just resets the page. And when I go to put in the username, it says it's no longer available and it stays like that until it resets in a day or two. ( - _-) Can someone please tell me why it does this? I noticed that in the URL when it resets the page, it has "cookiecheck=1" in it or something. I've tried resetting all my settings and sometimes it'll let me make a new account and sometimes it won't.

And for the record, I only have my main and two sides at the moment.

that's really strange. I have never had that happen to me before. I only have to sides though...one of which I never go on..ever lol (at least it;s turning 4 months soon!) isn't there a confirmation email or something you have to click on? I would check out our inbox..maybe there's a solution there? I have no idea..

What browser are you using?

I had the same problem with my main and my first side account - though they both worked on the second try - which I set up using Chrome. Used Firefox for the second side and it worked on the first try. No idea if that was just a lucky coincidence but maybe it helps...

I really have no idea what it is. /: I've tried on a lot of different things -- different laptops, computers, phones, tablets, pretty much anything new I could get my hands on. Yet it was always the same problem. I usually use Safari, but maybe I'll try to get on something that isn't an Apple product. D: Thanks for the suggestions!

Are you trying to open that account on a proxxy? It probably won't work if you're doing it through a proxxy website.

It has nothing to do with the email because I don't even get to that step. :'D I can't get past the first step where you put in what your username is and your password. What's a proxxy? ( > .<)

Edit: I'm going to try using Internet Explorer, thank you for the suggestion!