The Coincidence

Xepha

Aww don't feel bad!! That's sweet. Hopefully TNT have seen the error of their ways (I remember their being uproar on the boards after Spooky Food!) and it won't matter too much if you weren't able to complete the entire event. They are asking quite a lot for participation every twelve hours!

I hope not, because I can only do a quest once per day because of my internet limit and my wait times are always too long....I am seeing other people on their seventh or eighth quest now and I'm like "how is that even possible?" Of course, THEY have no limit and can do two a day....So I really hope this doesn't end on the 31st and it's just the NC event...I'd hate not being able to complete any of the machines and earn a prize from it. D;

I've got five pieces - all of the pieces for the first thingy and two pieces for the third thingy. I'm waiting until I have all pieces to build all.

I have to wait nine hours until I can do my next quest.

Yeah I'm going to wait to build all as well - though I really want that book *o*

*wonders what the prize will be*

@Marissa - 7th or 8th?! Whaaaaatttt! Yeah, fingers crossed it goes on for a bit longer! D:

Yeah I'm going to wait to build all as well - though I really want that book *o*

*wonders what the prize will be*

@Marissa - 7th or 8th?! Whaaaaatttt! Yeah, fingers crossed it goes on for a bit longer! D:

I have no idea how they do it either. Maybe they're just lucky. You're lucky yourself, to have done 6 so far (I thought I saw a post of you saying you were almost on a 6th quest....though I could be wrong...)

I have no idea how they do it either. Maybe they're just lucky. You're lucky yourself, to have done 6 so far (I thought I saw a post of you saying you were almost on a 6th quest....though I could be wrong...)

Yeah that's right, my 6th is just under four hours away. I was lucky enough to be on TDN when the event announcement was posted. I'm thinking there may be a glitch of some sort for people further than that, since I've been on basically every 12 hours since then, and some people are getting a quest straight after the last without a timer :S

This is Dr Landelbrot's workstation. Hmm, it looks like those components he keeps giving you might have a use here. Are you sure you want to put these pieces together? It looks like you can combine three components separately for three prizes, or combine all of them for one special prize! Remember, Dr Landelbrot is a scientist, not a magician! Once the components are combined, he won't be able to separate them. Only proceed if you're 100% certain. You get your choice of three prizes or the one big prize. Once you've decided, there is no turning back!

close

I guess you deserve something more useful than that. Take this:

Dice of Ultimate Probability

Hmmmm...first piece done!! =D

Does anyone know if the event will repeat the pieces given out? Someone on tumblr said that they experienced that :sad01_anim:

I'm waiting for my 6th quest now and I'm nervous that I won't finish if it ends as soon as the 31st!

Luckily for me I only needed to buy one thing today, and it cost me a grand total of 12np. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll able to complete this. When I'm on I can be around for a while, but usually I don't make it back again the same day. Oh well. In 11 hours or so I'll be able to get my 4th piece. We'll see how it goes, but I won't hold my breath. I sure hope the pieces don't repeat otherwise I'll not even have a chance.

Despite knowing I probably won't be able to finish it, it pleased me to be able to help a few people yesterday when the prices for items were ridiculously high. Knowing I might have helped others move closer to completing their pieces makes up for maybe not being able to complete mine in time.

There are definitely extra items being asked for today, it looks like TNT has realised that the event was going to go boom because a couple of items went unbuyable yesterday.

I just collected my 6th piece and now have to wait for 10:45 til the next one,

If the event finishes at the end of the 31st, I think that gives us all 6 or 7 chances to get pieces between now and then... that is of course if you can get online etc

I think if april fools day had not been directly after this event they would probably have extended the deadline at the end because there was a glitch at the start and in the past they have added extra time to complete when this happened. They might change the timers so we have more chances to get items too, so dont give up hope.

The tricky bit is near the end if we havnt got all the pieces deciding to just build what we have or risk holding out to build all and risk not having time to complete and getting none finished.

I'm pretty late to this event. I only have 3 pieces done so far, but the items I just got asked for were cheap and it gave me only a 10 hour wait time this time, so yay for that. Perhaps if I start timing it right I will have a chance to complete it but not if they give out repeats?!! YIKES. You mean you can get the same one twice? If so, yep. Sounds pretty impossible for me if that is the case. Does anyone know when on the 31st exactly the event is ending or has TNT not said anything?

Fancy. Finally I recognize the items he wanted as actual junk items. Those that can actually pile up in the hundreds if not discarded :P I mean really, could you have a stockpile of Red Toadstools? I don't think so. But Yellow Snowballs? I've been getting those nonstop since I first played Neopets!

I'm currently (impatiently) waiting to get on and finish my 7th piece, which hopefully means I manage to finish 1 component. I've decided that I don't want any of the individual prizes, and will wait for whatever comes out from building all three components together. If it's a useless toy, I may change my mind and get the book for my reading pet.

I have six pieces to go and I can only get online once a day, too. (Today's an execption.) This really rots. *frustrated grunt* I feel really sorry for all of those who are new to NeoPets and can't even participate because they can't afford the items and haven't built up enough of a stockpile of junk to fall back on. Also, I really hate it when I have to find five of everything. That's happened to me twice now. It should be only one of each item. That would give even the newbies a chance to play.

To everyone who was thinking that this is how Jumpstart is introducing themselves to us NeoPet fans... I'm not 100% sold on that. After all, they only just bought it. These events take a year or more to plan, illustrate, set-up and code. It's a lot of work by a lot of people. Sure, they were likely in talks to buy NeoPets for quite some time, but I think that they haven't even started to give their input yet. All of this is what TNT has been quietly planning in the background for a long time. Which means that we really shouldn't blame Jumpstart for a poor showing. We can't even blame Nickelodeon. This is all on TNT.

(Wow... I sound really sour today. Better lighten it up.) I really do hope that it will turn out to have a good result at the end with everyone who at least played some of it getting the avatar. A new land would be fantastic. There's an unused island on the back of the map (west of Shenkuu, south of Terror Mountain). They could open it up there.

I keep wondering if Prof. Landelbrot is in that orbiting satellite... I've been clicking on that thing for years, hoping for something to happen.......

Have a great day, everyone! :laughingsmiley:

Dear TNT,

Is there any chance that you are explaining with this Dr. Landelbrot event what the eternally-orbiting-Neopia white ship / satellite is that's been on the Map of Neopia page for years now??? =D ~arkalon

Either way we answer this--

7.png

"Spoilers."

From today's editorial.

Now the background came from The Faeries' Ruin and the blaster from Return of Sloth.

Both were /plots/. Not events.

What do you think this spoiler means?

Just got my seventh piece. Now for an eleven and a half hour wait. I'm a little sour on this event now so I kinda can't wait till it's over. Although I am totally psyched it only cost me 12np today. Woo!

Even if it's a reference to her... why specifically pick 2 items that are related to plots? :P

I suppose you've got a good point there. A hint that this is more than just an event? ^_^

What I think is really suspicious, though, is what they wrote in the news:

Have you stepped into a portal as of late? If not, why not the one in Moltara City? We heard it will take you all the way up to a spaceship! Of course, once you get there, you might be prompted to help out a mad scientist. Why not, though? It's for a good cause... right?

I think that last part "It's for a good cause... right?" feels like it's hinting that Dr. Landelbrot has nefarious intentions.