The Coincidence

Xepha

For some of the items the prices have shot up, while others are still low. Does anyone think it's worth buying some of the cheaper things now in case they get inflated, or does everyone think the prices will stay similar to what they are now? I got burnt the first day needing to pay 25k for something, but luckily everything else I've either had or could find at a cheap price.

I really hope this will be worth it for everyone. I'm more intrigued than anything, but I feel bad for people that either don't keep junk items so have to buy it all or that don't have enough neopoints to pay these ridiculous prices.

Makes it even worse when you can only do the quests once a day due to external issues. The prices will get worse until you can't afford to complete the quests anymore! I had to buy 3 Leaded Earth Vials for over 17k each!

hrtbrk's right, do EVERYTHING. I don't like dailies for this reason (and because I seldom get anything from them), but I guess this is why you need to do them. :(

It's really too bad that so many people feel the need to inflate the prices of junk items to this extent. I've seen people searching for several items that are usually 1 NP a piece and have inflated up to 80k a piece, and of course they need three or four of them. I've been pretty lucky so far because I have a hoarding problem and have a whole lot of junk in my SDB, so I haven't needed to buy anything (yet). If anyone needs any items, let me know and I'll be happy to search my SDB and donate whatever you need if I have it!

Why am I tempted to sell some of the junk in my SDB now? No, no, I mustn't....BUT THEY'RE VALUABLE NOW but no, no...use them when the guy asks you for them. Oh, but what if he doesn't? Sells them! Makes NP! No, all the NP you make will end up getting spent on junk the guy asks for.........

*rables on Gollum-esque conversation between selves*

I really hope that they start having him ask for a wider variety of items. There are tons of items that are still only 1 np. I think that a lot of the issues are coming from it being such a limited variety of items. It makes it too easy to hoard them all.

I'm not selling anything until the last day. I really want to try to make it through the event, and I don't want to be scrambling on the trading post. I already missed a day of the last section, so I want to try to get the best prize that I can still get.

Why am I tempted to sell some of the junk in my SDB now? No, no, I mustn't....BUT THEY'RE VALUABLE NOW but no, no...use them when the guy asks you for them. Oh, but what if he doesn't? Sells them! Makes NP! No, all the NP you make will end up getting spent on junk the guy asks for.........

*rables on Gollum-esque conversation between selves*

THIS. THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW.

Also for those who have Premium, there's a pretty big "junk trade" board on Charter right now.

I'm definitely struggling with selling my junk items. But I will not!!! Some of them are worth over 20k. NO NO NO! All kidding aside I'm actually really unhappy with the inflation. I thought this was going to be a fun non stress event that everyone could participate in. Now it's insane. It's a real shame...

Wow this is extremely sad /: I tried searching for my items today and was completely shocked at the prices. Common daily items shouldn't be higher than red codestones or other useful items /:

Especially if this is gonna last another week, theres no way I'll be able to afford it :sad02:

This is absolutely ridiculous. Tomato Bomb is now going for upwards of 20k. Thankfully I only had to buy one, and I can afford it pretty easily, but still, resellers are making this completely unfun.

Looking at this event it seems almost as if it was designed to make us want to tear our hair out.. :sad02:

we are asked for junk items which of course are inflating due to demand and people hoping to make a profit (this was obviously going to happen so must have been expected by TNT)

we were encouraged to clean up neopia by discarding or donating junk items and now if we have done that we are wishing we hadnt

we look at the items and flinch knowing only last week we cleared our SDB out

shall we buy the item or give up - but if we give up will we regret it ... to buy or not to buy .. back out and forget it or carry on tearing out our hair

Its the anxiety plot lol

who said this stuff was supposed to be fun !

I feel very sorry for newer people who cant afford to buy the inflated items. They must feel completely excluded now.

Looking at this event it seems almost as if it was designed to make us want to tear our hair out.. :sad02:

we are asked for junk items which of course are inflating due to demand and people hoping to make a profit (this was obviously going to happen so must have been expected by TNT)

we were encouraged to clean up neopia by discarding or donating junk items and now if we have done that we are wishing we hadnt

we look at the items and flinch knowing only last week we cleared our SDB out

shall we buy the item or give up - but if we give up will we regret it ... to buy or not to buy .. back out and forget it or carry on tearing out our hair

Its the anxiety plot lol

who said this stuff was supposed to be fun !

I feel very sorry for newer people who cant afford to buy the inflated items. They must feel completely excluded now.

My thoughts exactly!

If you're new to Neopets, you're not going to have to resources built up in order to afford this event.

"What's that? You don't have 80k laying around to spend on just one item? Guess you can't participate. Away with you, peasant!"

There seems to be a complete and utter disregard of the concept of fair play by a lot of shopowners. They really should be ashamed of themselves for such unmitigated greed. It's really quite disgusting. If I were able to, I'd open up my own few thousand low NP items and offer them to those who really need them for free or under 50 NP. The problem is how to tell the genuine need from the unbelievable greed. How can I tell a poverty stricken Neopian from a wealthy shopkeeper who's looking to corner the market? It's virtually impossible. If this is all just a social experiment on the part of NeoPets and TNT, then they've proven that the greedy will inherit Neopia. That's truly sad. It's ruining it for everyone. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

For right now, I'm just waiting to see what the prizes are and if I want any of them. I figure by tomorrow, we'll know what the third prize is, and I'm still crossing my fingers that TNT (maybe in the Editorial) will clarify if this will result in additional prizes beyond what you get for building the parts. It seems the times get shorter if you're behind, so I might still have a chance to do some of this once someone builds the whole thing for the big prize. I'm not sure just buying any prizes I like won't end up cheaper than completing this.