Virus that won't go away...

Novelista

HP Pavilion G6 -- Windows 7

===

My antiviral keeps catching the same virus repeatedly. I emptied out the temp folder (where it was sourced), but it still comes up.

Maybe I need a better antiviral? (I have AVG and it updates and scans daily.)

You could try the advice on this webpage:

http://pcvirusesremoval.blogspot.com/2013/11/delete-remove-win32zperm-virus-to.html

or this one

http://blog.teesupport.com/remove-win32zperm-win32zperm-manual-removal/

From what I read it sounds like this is a really annoying virus. Good luck with removing it!

Cat: The spyhunter should take care of it, correct? I shouldn't need to follow the manual instructions on that page?

Masonn: I'm glad you chimed back in. I looked at the comments on that page and thought, "Hmm...you know what? I started having that virus issue after I installed AdAware." (And yes, I'd been allowing AVG to delete it and it keeps coming back.) I don't know that AdAware is doing anything for my adware, anyway, so I chucked it.

Thank you!

===

7:07p...

SpyHunter wouldn't install correctly.

I went to manually remove the files like it said and they didn't exist. Hmm...maybe getting rid of AdAware did it?

Once you've cleared your virus do try moving over to avast! Anti-Virus, they have a free edition that's pretty good. Daily scans aren't necessary and will destroy system performance. Anti-viruses should actually have a function that scans apps and files as they are used in real-time.

Remember to only have one anti-virus to avoid conflicts. Also, the best protection for your computer isn't an anti-virus, but common sense :)

I agree with maikrowsoft, you should switch to avast. The free version is more than satisfactory (plus it has a nice interface heh). I used AVG a looooooong, long time ago and it did a poor job of keeping my computer clean. Avast automatically blocks suspicious programs when you attempt to run them. It also has a boot scan function so it can effectively clean your computer at start up while no other programs are running. Good luck!