missmadiemay

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Bug Eye McGee
    • Count von Roo
    • Rosie
    • Kreludan Defender Robot

Hi All :)

Did anyone notice that you can now vote for the new director of the pound? Here are your choices:

Edit: Sorry the pictures aren't showing! Not sure what happened there.

New Pound Director Voting

Dr Death is retiring! After many long years of dedicated service, the Pound's beloved director will be stepping away to enjoy a retirement on sunny Mystery Island, surrounded by tropical fruits and sand... correction! We just received word that he will in fact be retiring to an undisclosed location instead. In the doctor's words, "Somewhere you snivelling Neopians can't track me down to ask if I'm hiding any UCs." Right! We're sure he means well. He's probably just all choked up over the transition.

The Pound will be closing during the transition period and kind Neopians have volunteered to foster Neopets currently in the system. Today we ask that you help choose Dr Death's successor. Read the candidates' statements carefully, as this decision will affect many Neopets, then make your selection.

Your vote has been cast. Your candidate appreciates your enthusiasm!

Bug Eye McGee
Ach, ye think runnin' a Pound's hard? Try extractin' treasure from a pirate sometime. Those Neopets are all squiffy little whiners. I'll have 'em whipped into shape with work gangs. They want food to eat? They can earn it sewin' loot bags and hoistin' cannonballs from one yard to another. Good times are comin' to the Pound!
Count von Roo
It is with no small degree of satisfaction that I put my name forward for the position of Pound Director. I have studied prison colonies over the centuries -- long nights make for good reading -- and I believe the key to the discipline problem is to remove excess sanguine humour in the system. Quite simply, a vampire is ideal for the job.
Rosie
Oh, honey! Don't you look justadorable there, trying to decide who to pick for the Pound? The first thing I'm going to do once I'm in charge is abolish that word -- Pound. That's right! From now on, we'll call it the Rehoming And Transition Station. Oooh! I'm off to give a hug to each and every one of the little darlings! Buh-bye!
Kreludan Defender Robot
YOU HAVE AUTHORISATION TO VOTE. GET VOTING. THERE IS ONLY ONE ACCEPTABLE CANDIDATE: DESIGNATION KRELUDAN DEFENDER ROBOT #291478. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WILL BE DESTROYED USING THE LATEST UPGRADES OF VIRTUTECH. THIS UNIT IS FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL. OUR MASTER WILL BE PLEASED WITH THIS ACQUISITION OF NEW LABOUR FOR HIS SCHEMES.

The votes are being tallied, and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Thanks for participating in Pound history!

I wonder what could come of this.

I voted for the robot just because his little speech is in all caps. SOMEHOW, TEXT BEING TYPED LIKE THIS IS EXTREMELY FUNNY TO ME. IMAGINE: WELCOME TO THE POUND, ARE YOU HERE TO ADOPT, TRANSFER, OR ABANDON PETS? WOW. ADOPTING PETS HAS NEVER BEEN SO INTENSE. :whaa:

I voted for Rosie. The others were to harsh on the poor pets. It's not they're fault they're being abandoned. If you have to be harsh be harsh to the owner abandoning them.

I voted Rosie just because I secretly like to imagine that her niceness is a very crazy fake-niceness, which makes everything she says so much funnier. I want more Rosie so that I can keep entertaining myself by reading everything she says in an Effie Trinket voice :P

Mark another vote for Rosie.

Even before I read her speech, I knew I was going to vote for her simply because she was a t-rex in a frilly frou-frou outfit. The idea of such a thing just struck my sense of funny. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

I love the reaction images.

Rosie is such a Genki Girl that I couldn't NOT vote for her - plus, she'd be the sweetest out of all of these, and this is who abandoned pets would enjoy being with. And because she's awesome. DANCE ROSIE DANCE!

How can I get foster pets? Not that I want any, but how?

I guess the monthly transfers have gone right out the window. Wait...It's April Fools Day! This must be a prank!

I voted for Rosie~
She's absolutely adorable, and seems like such a lovely 'person'
Honestly I hope that this isn't just an april fools prank, and that she actually gets the job.
She seems a lot kinder than Dr death, and would make a lovely pound-keeper.
Maybe she'd actually feed the poor pets.

I voted for Rosie. She the most Motherly of the bunch, hahaha!

I think this is a stacked deck FOR Rosie.

Personally, Von Roo would be FUNNY.

Bug eye McGee would scare the young pets.

Kreludan Defender Robot could POSSIBLY be reprogrammed to multitask.

And then there's Rosie, who seems nice now, but what if, like Godzilla, she woke up really cranky and HUNGRY one morning? She IS a carnivore after all.

LOL Ok, so I'm just joking about the Godzilla thing, she's just too good. TNT must be hiding some skeletons in her closet.... She seems like the type to help people like them out. :shiftyeyes_anim: