NEW DAILY: The Coincidence

Ruto

I got this:

An electric current starts to fill the room, but quickly leads to smoke. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about Frozenfire_999999. Oh, no... It looks like their level have gone down by 2!

Seriously?

Note: Frozenfire_999999 is my active pet, and my items are taken.

:(

It took the items and I lost one level on my active pet

not sure how it is going to effect things with avatars being given out, like the stamp one. Also a lot of people are getting some very large stat increases, (sadly not me) makes me wonder if training is going to be pointless ?!

Yeah, I got a nay, too:

A crew of Alien Aishas docks with the ship, comes aboard, snaps photos of everything they see, then leaves for their next tourist stop.

I was completely ready to toss it out, but if you're getting avvies and P3s (potentially a lot of money), it might be worthwhile...

I did
1x Meepit vs Feepit game guide
3x Icy Snowballs
1x Pink Faerie Snowball
and I got

"
Robot Petpet award: First you see a bright flash of light. Then you see metal pieces being pulled in as if by a magnet. Slowly the pieces assemble themselves into a Millipod. Technology is neat! "

It also DID take the items from my inventory.

SO CONFUSED. People are getting avatars and increasing/decreasing stats.
Is this an extended joke?

This is on the New Features page today:

Thanks to your help, it looks like the Random Events machine is running again! Yay! If you enjoyed working as a scientist's assistant, you can now visit The Coincidence every day! Go on an errand for Dr Landelbrot, and you just might get to press one of those shiny buttons at the end. That's a worthy reward in itself, right?

So yes, this is a daily.

An electric current starts to fill the room, but quickly leads to smoke. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about CHARMANDER_03824neo. Oh, no... It looks like their defence has gone down by 1!

Ah man!! I hope the level decreases are only by one...spent too much time training *lol*

ok ... this stamp avatar thing is ridiculous ........ i mean retired avatars are OK in my opinion ... but I totally refuse to be handed an avatar that some people spent over 100Mil NP on .... I'm seriously hoping this is an extension of April Fool's .. otherwise lots of people will just quit ... and junk items will keep inflating ,!!!

Quote from TNT!!!!

comastar
The Neopets Team

tntasplode.gif Team Darigan Citadel
163 Months
Female 1.png
Shadow_Dader
Active Neopet Posted: 2 Apr 2014 - 3:20 pm [Report this message]
The Avatar event is meant to be super duper uber rare - we are currently looking into the event rarities to make sure that this remains the case!

Topic here:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=155744735&next=161

So, the Avatar thing isn't a joke?

--------------

Actually, wait, hold on. This is from page 14 of the same topic:

comastar
The Neopets Team

tntasplode.gif Team Darigan Citadel
163 Months
Female 1.png
Shadow_Dader
Active Neopet Posted: 2 Apr 2014 - 3:42 pm [Report this message]
The avatar event has been deactivated for now.

I totally refuse to be handed an avatar that some people spent over 100Mil NP on

That's my thinking as well. It seems to be uncommon that people are getting avatars (let alone the uber rare ones like the stamp avatars) and according to the quote that Bright ^_^ just posted, it's going to be even more uncommon in the future. But why is it a thing to start with? The hard-to-get avatars are an achievement to be proud of, and it cheapens it to have some people get it without doing the work. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, it's just a game after all, but I do disagree with it.

This is my frist post, but can someone send me a stagnant puddle of water? ive tried to apply for auctions but its taking a while. right now, the cheapest one i could find on the shop wizard was 44k, thank you!

Posting in this thread is fine, but you should also try posting here in the official "asking-for-help-with-The-Coincidence" thread. Unfortunately Stagnant Puddles of Water are the most common thing being asked for, but hopefully someone can help you out!

My computer froze up so I wasn't able to see what I got *facepalm*. Wasn't an avatar though :/ boo