NEW DAILY: The Coincidence

Ruto

I spend over 20,000 Neopoints for my second quest. And I got:

A fog cloud swirls past you. Was that Corbin and Kell inside? They appear to be having a tea party with a monster.
Again, seriously?
Note: Now I have to wait about 22 hours! :thumbsdown:

I got nothing .. as in Kell and corbin having a tparty with a monster...

yesterday I lost 1 level

am thinking this is not a ray I want to go near anymore, I have been training my pet for literally years and hearing that someone had their pet put back to level 1 ...well thats not something I can even think about

This seems good for new neopians but for those of us who have spent years collecting and working towards things watching them now just being given away as if they are nothing is a bit upsetting to be honest.

I got nothing .. as in Kell and corbin having a tparty with a monster...

yesterday I lost 1 level

am thinking this is not a ray I want to go near anymore, I have been training my pet for literally years and hearing that someone had their pet put back to level 1 ...well thats not something I can even think about

This seems good for new neopians but for those of us who have spent years collecting and working towards things watching them now just being given away as if they are nothing is a bit upsetting to be honest.

Your pet can go down to level 1 there?? O_o :whaa:

Oh my god!!! I reeeeeeally should change my active before I go there again if thats true.

That is what someone said on one of the boards but thankfully it hasnt happened to me, I cant know of course if its true or what level they were on to start with but if you have a look on the neopet boards you might find other people having this happen..the longer it goes on I suppose the more we will find out

Am I the only one who thinks the new daily is quite fun? It seems to be extremely random, which is cool. :D

I also don't understand why people are so upset about the (super)rare chance of getting an avatar. I spent 12 million on a Pirate Paint Brush for my Shoyru. Five years of savings that was for me. Now they're hardly worth half a million. I don't think Rhaegen looks any less cool. Luck and chance have always been a big part of Neopets (and life, you know).

Am I the only one who thinks the new daily is quite fun? It seems to be extremely random, which is cool. :D

I also don't understand why people are so upset about the (super)rare chance of getting an avatar. I spent 12 million on a Pirate Paint Brush for my Shoyru. Five years of savings that was for me. Now they're hardly worth half a million. I don't think Rhaegen looks any less cool. Luck and chance have always been a big part of Neopets (and life, you know).

I agree, all I got from it today was a random event saying I'd seen a Walein out the window, but I think this new daily seems cute and fun. I'm in favor of it! :)

I got +2 defence on my active pet this morning.

Since my labber is out on pet chain for ALP, I switched to a pet I didn't care if he lost stats... Don't really want to risk my main battler pet at that daily.

Yeesh. Last night I had to spend over 85k to get the items, and as a reward I got a ghost Lupe telling me that "This isn't Mystery Island!"

Today the items he's requesting are over 25k. Each.

I don't think I'll be frequenting this daily. :-/

I got the one about the hotdogs.

I don't think there's gonna be too much to worry about in the long term - I'm sure TNT mentioned in the editorial that inflating junk prices was their intention (to stop so many dailies being useless). They will sky-rocket for now but I think TNT will respond with changing the item pool etc and so will the economy when the initial excitement has died down. It'll balance out :3

I never finished building the parts? I am assuming I am not going to get the avatar for that? I still needed to build two more.

I only built one piece, but I got the avatar. When you go to the main Coincidence page, click to help him (however that's phrased), and you should get the avatar along with a new quest. I think you'll get the avatar if you participated at all, since I only did the bare minimum and I got it.

I stopped doing dailies because I was sick of the junk so I guess I understand now.

I've done this 2 times now. Once got a petpet and then my pet raised defence a level. I changed from my BD pet though because I don't want to risk all the training going down the drain.

But I've spent maybe 300 np for both times.

I need three Stagnant Puddle of Water and one Box of Wheat Flakes. I'll wait 'till the items deflate in price before I'm going to try out this daily. 100k+ isn't worth it, especially since it can decrease your stats and take NP or items.