NEW DAILY: The Coincidence

Ruto

Other than my coincidence avatar, i have gotten no worthy random events from the new daily. I spotted a box i was unable to grab during my first effort. Today, i received, "Something has happened! Nothing happens. Nothing at all. You think. You check the bottom of your shoes for squashed butterflies, but find nothing." :weird: <--Oh the irony the that statement! Haha. I guess it beats the downward leveling of pets others have gotten.

shortly after I got two random events, the first one I ignored because I thought it was part of someones shop display at the top and I didnt recognise it like one of the old 'something has happened' things, I think it said I got a stat increase

Woah, I thought I saw one in a shop with the new RE style but thought the shop owner just made a fake one.... I don't even know what it said! haha

does anyone know if the items/quest resets daily? i agreed to help him yesterday for the daily but was unable to get three boxes of wheat flakes due to the inflated price, but i checked today and he is still asking for the exact same set of items as he was yesterday....

From the editorial :

TNT, would you do everyone a GINORMOUS favor and please make a refuse button for the Coincidence quests? It could take us back to the timer and we can't try again until the next day, but I don't want to be stuck with quest items that are at least 20k each (and I literally can't afford to buy all of them). You would make a ton of people happy if you did this. Please remove my username. ~username removed
YES. Plenty of our staff members requested this, too! We are currently working on implementing a cancel option that we hope to release next week. :D

Well, I can gather that this new daily is a load of rubbish. I'm not spending 90k for a junk item nor do I want Lab Ray-esque REs affecting my pets, especially not my battle pet. Definitely cancelling the quest I'm on once the cancel button is added next week. :P And I'm never doing this again.

Other than my coincidence avatar, i have gotten no worthy random events from the new daily. I spotted a box i was unable to grab during my first effort. Today, i received, "Something has happened! Nothing happens. Nothing at all. You think. You check the bottom of your shoes for squashed butterflies, but find nothing." :weird: <--Oh the irony the that statement! Haha. I guess it beats the downward leveling of pets others have gotten.

A Sound of Thunder!!! :D Well played, TNT, well played!

Nothing seems to happen. Oh wait, check the floor! You might want to catch that Springabee before it crawls away.

Awesome! I'm sure the prices will be deflating because of this, but even so! I spent less thank 1k for the items, so as long as they don't deflate to junk prices I'll make a nice profit :P

I'm definitely looking forward to a cancel button. I was able to do a quest yesterday, though one item cost me 35k. (It was my first day hearing about it, I couldn't resist trying it.)

Today, I need 3 of an item that's over 20k, and 1 item over 15k. Not happening today, so I guess I'll hold out for the items coming up in my dailies or the cancel button for now.

I got a Zoomik on the first day, but it deflated in value by 90% of what I saw it originally going for on the TP. I got a REALLY NICE offer for 275k, and TOOK it! In a way, it's too bad though, when I got it, the only one in trades was asking 2.75 MIL for their's. Amazing how fast deflation can happen, almost as fast as INflation can on what SHOULD'VE been/remained worthless items.

I've also had 1 item in my inventory, that was zapped into dust, and another where I got nothing at all. Judging by what some of my guildmates have had happen to them or their pets, it's not a good reaction to the seemingly many NEGATIVE variations from this new Daily. Too bad too. :(

My fourth time, and I got:

The Ghost Lupe appears, looks around, and growls, 'This is not Mystery Island!'

And when I went back to my Inventory, I got:

Lightsonic_3000 says, "You will buy me lots of presents from the Grooming Parlour wont you?"
Wow!
Note: Lightsonic_3000 is one of my pets, and he is a MALE pet.

An electric current starts to fill the room, but quickly leads to smoke. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about Chiapias. Oh, no... It looks like their defence has gone down by 2!

Well, the lab make it go up three, and the lutari made it go down two. So, I guess that's a +1?

An electric current starts to fill the room, but quickly leads to smoke. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about Chiapias. Oh, no... It looks like their defence has gone down by 2!

Well, the lab make it go up three, and the lutari made it go down two. So, I guess that's a +1?

I doubt they're connected but I got the lose 2 defense points yesterday and got +3 strength from the lab ray today as well!

"You find yourself holding something invisible and unpleasantly damp. You let go, and it hits the floor with a squelch. You are never able to locate it again."

....... well, that was boring. :mellow:

At least my stats didn't go down like the last two times. :laughingsmiley:

Im so pleased that there is going to be a reset button for this daily, it will stop all this inflation, no one is going to pay silly amounts when they can just reset and wait a day...so neopets gets rid of the junk and we dont have to break the bank to do it if we want to take part...yay

FWIW I dont think they should bring the avatars back,

I cant imagine how upset I would feel if I won one of the competitions for writing after trying to win for years only to have the avatar given away as if it meant nothing,

I dont actually want to get an avatar for doing well in a game if I didnt achieve it myself, Im proud of the ones I worked for and there are plenty I wish I could get but Im not good enough yet and making them free to everyone with no effort just totally spoils the whole idea

They might as well just give us all the best gold trophy's for all the events at the top level as well...and then of course we wouldnt have to take part in any plots or events we could just get handed the prizes and merit trophies and avatars ... that just spoils it for me totally...just my opinion of course

bringing out new avatars would be fair enough I think

I got a ghost Lupe telling me that "This isn't Mystery Island! one too

i just got this "You look like you could use some luck!" He hands you a lottery ticket with the following numbers: 3, 6, 14, 18, 21, 28. "I hope you win!"

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.