Interesting Negg Cave puzzle today...

DarthFawkes

I've had that one several times. :laughingsmiley:

As for anti-Semetic, I suppose it's all in how you look at it. To the Hindu faith, it's called sauvastika and, when left-facing, is a symbol for the goddess Kali. It's also found in Buddhism.

"Sanskrit sauvastika is the 'vrddhi'* of svastika, attested as an adjective meaning "benedictive, salutatory". (*a technical term for a group of long vowels)

Sadly, the Nazis made it into a symbol of their evil. It was originally something very pacifistic.

Look it up! :rolleyes_anim:

(Not trying to be a show-off. Just presenting a point of view.)

Exactly what Azurablue said. The time that the swastika used to solely stand for antisemitism should be way behind us. Many faiths (including Budhism use a variant on the swastika as a symbol of " a graphical representation of eternity". Looking up the wikipedia will give you a clear answer : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika.

I think there's a Kanji that looks like a reverse swastika, that means something like, Healing or something. I was never too sure about that. lol But I think it was on one of the pokemon TCG cards that was from Japan. That was a LONG time ago, hence why I'm not 100% certain. ^^:;;

That being said, one could also say it resembles an 8-bit ninja throwing star. lol

Azurablue is correct. Your Negg puzzle was of the "good" swastika. The difference between the good one and the Nazi one is that the Nazi one is turned at an angle.

http://www.indonesiamatters.com/images-3/swastika.jpg

The true swastika is a symbol of peace and positivity, whereas the Nazis turned it and used it for evil. Most people can't tell the difference between the two, which is why the swastika is "so offensive" to many people. I say it's about time we took the swastika back, and educate people on the difference between the two. :)

Azurablue is correct. Your Negg puzzle was of the "good" swastika. The difference between the good one and the Nazi one is that the Nazi one is turned at an angle.

http://www.indonesiamatters.com/images-3/swastika.jpg

The true swastika is a symbol of peace and positivity, whereas the Nazis turned it and used it for evil. Most people can't tell the difference between the two, which is why the swastika is "so offensive" to many people. I say it's about time we took the swastika back, and educate people on the difference between the two. :)

That would be nice!

My boyfriend has a t-shirt with the "good" swastika on it that he picked up while studying in India, he says it was everywhere over there.

He feels awkward wearing it out in public for the above-mentioned reasons, unfortunately.

I also used to have an Indian tutor who had a tapestry with the symbol hanging in her home...I was very confused the first time I saw it lol. >.>