Unbuyables (Untradeables?) - Money Tree Coin

annie1235

I just realized that I bought a Money Tree Coin.

It is being sold on TP for around 7 million.

I was planning on selling for about 6 mil, but the trading post limit is 800k.

How do I go about doing this?

(Sorry, I'm new at this!)

Thanks!

Wow! First of all congratulations!

If it were me I'd post on the TP with a note that says what you're seeking and to NM you for a NF only auction

Good luck!!

Wow! First of all congratulations!

If it were me I'd post on the TP with a note that says what you're seeking and to NM you for a NF only auction

Good luck!!

Thanks!! (I only have around 1 million NP total in my bank! haha)

Do you have any advice about selling things on TP?

I got a few tips earlier this week and i'm priced like 50 - 100k below all other tp sellers, but I kind of want to move these items faster...

Expensive items don't always move fast but the best tip for selling items on the TP is price your item (which it sounds like you have) and repost it if there are a lot of them and your off the first page. Other then that all you can do is wait or you can take a risk and throw it into auctions and take what you get.

When I have something collectors might be interested in, I usually create a Neoboard post (in the trades/auctions section) stating the item and price clearly in the heading (usually with a matching Neopets "smiley" to draw attention), and then bump it every hour or so (or whenever it threatens to push off the front page).

If there are a lot of the same item on the trading post, I put in my wishlist: "Price = XX NP. Online often. Will accept best reasonable offer received by 7pm NST on 4/8." In your case, I guess I'd say "Neomail to set up Neofriend-only auction" instead of that last line.

Auctions can be a bit tricky; if I remember correctly, the price you need to ask for is different than the agreed-upon price, because the first bidder has to increase above the starting price by at least the minimum bid amount -- but it's been quite a while, so I'm really not sure. I just follow TDN's or Jellyneo's guide, and it's always worked for me.

Its like when you put it up for the auction, your starting price will be half the price and the minimum increment is the other half
So price = 1m

Starting 500k
Min 500k.
meaning = 1m

I'm pretty sure that sounds about right :P

Collectors will want it. Use the Trading Post to advertise your selling price, 6mil, and wait for someone to contact you about setting up an auction. Collectors will be familiar with the process, just make sure your TP message is clear, something like "6mil NP pure, NM for private auction". It might take a while to sell since it's a rare and expensive item, but you will find the buyer you're after.

As for setting up an auction, the easiest method you can use is the one posted above, just split the price in half:
Starting Price: 3,000,000

Increment: 3,000,000

This way if anyone else wants to over bid, they'd have to pay 9mil for the item, which will ensure your buyer will get it :)