What to

What do you buy?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you buy with excess neopoints?

• Nothing, I save.
    • Clothing
    • Things for my gallery
    • Stocks
    • Paintbrushes (okay, so A LOT of extra neopoints for this one)
    • Restocking
    • Other

You should do 2 things if you are not already doing them.

Battle everyday in the Battledome until you get your 15 prizes (even if it SAYS 'no more prizes', keep battling each day until you have 15 in your Inventory...the BD prompts LIE!). If you have Premium, battle in the Cosmic Dome (if your pet is strong enough). Otherwise, try battling the Koi Warrior...he doles out a lot of Codestones.

Start/Run your Habitarium daily. Once you hit level 50 you can add an additional 50-100K A DAY to your savings.

Good luck meeting your savings goals...and have fun spending once you do!

:P

I always set a minimum to keep my bank account at and then I save for something to treat myself. After I get my reward I save again.

Right now my goal is to hit the next bank interest level and then get the wheel of extravagance avatar.

Do you already have the secret lab map? That's fun.

I always buy codestones for Sandrea's training. She's my BD pet (and by far my strongest, and favorite) and I also buy books for her (as she is also the most intelligent.) Otherwise, I buy job coupons and scratchcards because I find them fun and ever so often I get lots of NP from them. One time I played 5 of my daily scratchcards and 3/5 were 10,000 NP winners. The fourth one got me a plushie, and the fifth one was a dud. Sometimes I'll buy food on a whim or gifts for my Neofriends, but other than that, I save my NP. I'm trying to get over 10 mil again. I'm right at 8 mil, so I'm close!

Battle everyday in the Battledome until you get your 15 prizes (even if it SAYS 'no more prizes', keep battling each day until you have 15 in your Inventory...the BD prompts LIE!). If you have Premium, battle in the Cosmic Dome (if your pet is strong enough). Otherwise, try battling the Koi Warrior...he doles out a lot of Codestones.

Start/Run your Habitarium daily. Once you hit level 50 you can add an additional 50-100K A DAY to your savings.

Can you explain the battledome? I never really got the idea behind it?

why do you not put the 500k in the bank instead of leaving it in the till. it will earn you interest, also putting 15k in stocks a day is even better than money in the bank. can double or triple or whtvr your neopoints if you wait long enough.

I tend to spend my money on impulsive purchases... Also, I haven't had 500K since I got lucky on a nerkmid and won a paint brush. Everyday I am on, I spend 15000 on cheap stocks and just wait until the double,

Can you explain the battledome? I never really got the idea behind it?

You need to equip your pet with a couple weapons/shields (I don't know what is best for a beginner...maybe someone else here does?)

- Once you have purchased them...you go to the Battledome (found under Games in top menu).

- Click 'Battle!'

- Equip your pet by clicking 'Change Equipment' (found beneath the 8 boxes with X's in 'em)

- Click 'Continue'

- Make sure that the Challenger box is hightlighted...then click 'Continue' again

- Choose a Challenger. To get the Koi Warrior as a Challenger you have to refresh here: http://www.neopets.com/water/index_ruins.phtml (to see how to get other Challengers go here: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/ )...choose your level of difficulty and then click 'Battle'

- Click 'Fight'

- Select your weapons/abilities (abilites require various bottled faeries...there are guides to help, but, they are not required to battle)

- Click 'Fight'

- Continue until you have won...then collect your rewards...then click 'Play Again'

- Rinse/repeat until you have collected 15 items as your rewards (keep an eye on your inventory or keep count in your head)

I will poke around a bit to see what a good 'basic' set of weapons is...but that, above, is a good start.

Good luck!

Forgive me, I'm sure this is a silly question, but why do people stockpile NP in their shop tills sometimes? Why there instead of gaining interest in the bank? Is there an avatar I missed noticing? Or some other reason? I picked save on the poll, but I always save mine in the bank. :guiltysmiley: *ponders*

How come it's better to battle in the Cosmic Dome if you're premium? (Or is that a perk that I didn't know existed?)

The Cosmic Dome regularly doles out Nerkmids and you have to be Premium to battle in it. Jetsam Ace and The Giant Space Fungus are the Challengers (if you battle the latter on high, you can also get Bubbling Fungus as a prize).

Month to month I average about 1 Nerkmid a day if I battle daily to my 15 prize limit (some days I can get up to 4 Nerkmids...other days I may get none). Since Nerkmids run around 45K each, it adds up to a great profit for the month.

I tend to fight the Giant Space Fungus with a few Koi Warrior battles tossed in for variety.

Good luck!

Ohhh! I thought everyone got the Cosmic Dome!

I've been battling there for the past three days and have won three nerks so far - saving them for the vending machine next month :D Otherwise I would normally do Koi Warrior... may continue to battle in Cosmic from now on though