I drew my pet... Now what?

georgeringo

This is so cool! So different in a very refreshing sort of way. I've never entered any artwork for anything as I am so pathetically unartistic when it comes to stuff like that, but good luck.

I love it!! ^^ It's so cute! You can always enter both the beauty contest and submit it to the art gallery! The art gallery is tough to get into though, There's some tips on when and how to enter but I forgot XD The pet spotlight is cool too if you have a story to go with it. :)

I love it!! ^^ It's so cute! You can always enter both the beauty contest and submit it to the art gallery! The art gallery is tough to get into though, There's some tips on when and how to enter but I forgot XD The pet spotlight is cool too if you have a story to go with it. :)

Actually, the beauty contest and the art gallery are mutually exclusive. You can only enter an art piece into one or the other.

From Neopets Editorial:

Are we allowed to submit the same picture into the Picture Contest (the Art Gallery) *and* the Beauty Contest? For example, if I made a spectacular picture of one of my Neopets, could I use it in the beauty contest to earn my pet an award, and then submit it to the Picture Contest to win a trophy? ~simba_128

This isn't encouraged at all. If the judge of the Art Gallery sees that you have already used the image for the Beauty Contest, they may decide to go with a different picture, and vice versa. It won't disqualify you necessarily, but it will severely lessen your chances of winning. You've already won something with that image, so we want to give other people a chance.

'Ello, TNT! So... every once in a while I submit my jaw-dropping, gorgeous art pieces to your gallery, and every time my wonderful masterpieces aren't in there. That's okay, though. I just want to know: what criteria does an art piece have to obtain in order to be displayed in your wall of fame? (Hey, that rhymed! By the way, I was kidding about my art being "out-of-this-world.") ~roxanna203

There aren't many criteria, but we can point out a few things that -- much to our dismay -- often cause some terrific art to not be acceptable for publishing in the Art Gallery. Common offenders are:

~A link to *cough* one of certain art sites on the image, or for the image to be signed under a username you don't use on Neopets.

~Art submitted from side accounts.

~Art submitted by, erm... questionable usernames.

~Extremely anthro art (like a Xweetok tail or ears on an otherwise human character).

~Art that contains elements you didn't create (like background photos off the internet).

~Neopet colour combinations that don't exist yet (though we do give some artistic leeway with markings, etc. as long as the colour is recognisable).

~Resubmitted art from the Beauty Contest or Random Contest.

~Creatures that are too generic or unrecognisable as a specific Neopets species.

Hello, TNT! Is it true that, if you submit an image to the Art Gallery that you previously entered in the Beauty Contest, then you will get a warning? Also, does it matter if you placed or not? Thanks! (Withhold my name, please! Can this be followed by a mutant Ixi image? I just obtained one and would like to see it below my question, hahah.) ~username removed

Submitting, no, but if you're chosen as a winner and we later find out that the image was from the Beauty Contest, then you may be stripped of your prize and warned. Please do not enter images from the Beauty Contest into the Art Gallery.

Hey, TNT! I was just wondering: are we allowed to submit a picture to the Beauty Contest if it has already been published in the Art Gallery? If not, would we be allowed to adapt the image at all and enter it? Thanks. (: ~castiowl

Please, no cross-submitting art or adapted images between the Art Gallery, Beauty Contest, and Random Contest. Each competition should have different entries.

Hello, TNT! Are we allowed to submit a work of art to the Art Gallery after it has already won in the Beauty Contest? I saw one entry that got into the AG after it won 2nd place (species) in the BC, and I'm tempted to do the same thing myself. However, I wanted to be sure that this isn't against the rules. (Kindly remove my username, thanks!) ~username removed

No, that isn't allowed. Art Gallery and Beauty Contest (or any contest) entries should be kept separate.

• 3 months later...

Not at the same time, you shouldn't do it at all.

You have to submit it to one or the other, if you do both, no matter if you don't do it at the same time, you will get a warning :(

Love the artwork btw, it's so original :D And the line-art is flawless!