Interesting facts about you

Naamah D.

@emily_speck_15, yess that's so awesome you know who I'm talking about haha. And my intestines hate me so I have to eat to keep them happy :p I have to eat to please the Crohn's gods right now lol but I also have celiac's, an allergy to fish, and am lactose intolerant. A lot of eggs, potatoes, and chicken... but I like eggs potatoes and chicken so it's all good XD haha

Let me try this, most of them are odd though.

- I'm more shy/timid in real life than I am online.

- I enjoy mixing up most juices/sodas at any restaurant that has an accessible soda fountain.

- I share the same birthday (April 18th) as Melissa Joan hart, Conan O'Brien, and Jeff Dunham.

- I enjoy games for older consoles (I.E.: Atari 2600, Original NES, Sega Genesis, etc.) than those for newer consoles. Additionally, I'm more after the original cartridge version of older games than downloading an emulated version for the Wii/3DS/Wii-U Virtual Console and the like.

I may add more odd/interesting stuff if I can remember more.

@Homura - All of those things you listed are exactly me as well, except the allergy. I have no food allergies that I know of. We have a LOT in common! Also, Japanese is a beautiful language. I am learning too.

I cannot sit through movies. I don't like staring at a screen. Video games are different because I'm doing something with my hands.

I prefer cartoons to regular TV shows.

I cannot sit through movies. I don't like staring at a screen. Video games are different because I'm doing something with my hands.

I prefer cartoons to regular TV shows.

I walk/dance around the house when watching movies

@emily_speck_15, yess that's so awesome you know who I'm talking about haha. And my intestines hate me so I have to eat to keep them happy :P I have to eat to please the Crohn's gods right now lol but I also have celiac's, an allergy to fish, and am lactose intolerant. A lot of eggs, potatoes, and chicken... but I like eggs potatoes and chicken so it's all good XD haha

That sounds like no fun, sorry! It is a great thing you like eggs potatoes and chicken!

• I'm an absolute fan of Disney and Simpsons, to the point of knowing entire movie/episode dialogues by heart :)

I was diagnosed with severe depression for the first time at age 10, but only started treatment at 18. I'm fairly better now, but if I stop taking my meds I get to rock-bottom like that. I'm starting to gain interest in life again, so to anyone out there who struggles with depression, getting better IS possible :)

I was obsessed with the colour purple for years (to the point of ONLY wearing purple stuff). Now I'm getting to a shades-of-blue phase :laughingsmiley:

• I'm an absolute fan of Disney and Simpsons, to the point of knowing entire movie/episode dialogues by heart :)

Haha, I'm the same way with Disney movies. I think I could recite the Lion King from memory.

Other (maybe) interesting things about me:

• Both of my upper front teeth are partially fake. I broke each one on a separate occasion!
  • I used to be an extremely picky eater, and now I don't think there's a single food I wouldn't eat.
  • I played 8 different competitive sports in high school. I never kept any of them up, but I ran a half-marathon last year.
  • I'm very interested in science and probably too skeptical for my own good.

5 things TDNF may not know about me:

1. I raise buffalo, deer, and lots of veggies on my property. I hope to convince the boy to let me have pheasants or chickens and a honey bee farm as well eventually.

2. I am very much so covered in tattoos, on both legs, an arm, and my neck

3. I went to school for journalism and have anchored on webcasts, DJ'd on the radio, and run a radio station as a GM

4. During my time as GM, I convinced the FCC to change licensure rules, which is basically unheard of

5. I listen to a lot of Swedish Death Metal, Folk Metal, and Doom Metal, which are all very different from each other

I prefer demonic to angelic. I'm getting a book on demonology next month and my username is in it!

I love potty humor. Somebody could say the word turd and I would start laughing my butt off.

I drink a lot of soda with Stevia in it.

I'm actually learning Japanese, too! And I see you also like Hetalia and Vocaloid? :D

Yep I have watched every season twice although I haven't watched the movie yet and I've been a fan of Vocaloid since 2008.

• I absolutely love everything about Finland, and to a lesser extent, Sweden. I nearly specialized in Finnish History (actually Finland's role in WW2) at University (before I changed courses). I could even speak a few sentences in Finnish and Swedish, but I forgot most... I still plan to visit both countries in the future :)

ps: if you're Finnish or Swedish, contact me and LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sabs

- I want to own a shark someday :P

- I can listen to music and play it on the piano without lessons

- Driving scares me sometimes

- I'll be playing neopets until I have grey hairs. lol

- I have a fear of bugs (spiders and centipedes are the worst!)

- I don't curse

- I was in Ireland as an exchange student in 2003

- I traveled extensively when I was younger

- I went to Las Vegas by myself when I was only 22

- I released my first book at age 24 (I presently have four out)

- I've written two pieces of music (through MuseScore) and would eventually like to write some more (I have two others started, but my musical muse laughed at me the last time I tried to write!)

- My Gift is claircognizance (the power of knowing without being told) and a lot of times, I feel like I learn things about people best when I have a "heart connection". (Angel, I want to get to know more about you!)

- I'm a total bore at truth or dare...I feel like it's easier to spill than to drink pickle juice or something! (Thanks for the idea, Kody!)

- I'm a virgin (saved me getting the HPV shot...no need!)

- Like Xepha, I don't care about makeup. It's a pain. A pest. Whatever. I just go out with concealer for my zits and the "allergy bags" under my eyes and powder to even out my complexion--and sometimes, I try to get away without even that! (One time when I was swimming, I had a little girl ask why I have bags under my eyes...that's a great reason to continue the concealer!)

- I prefer to be as close to the floor as possible when I'm sick. That's partially from having a waterbed when I was younger (makes nausea worse!) and partially, I think, from the desire to be closer to the Goddess so She can heal me. (Hello, Earth sign!)

- I still sleep with a stuffie. *blush*

- If I love you (literally, love you), I will have you stuffed. That's why I have two "stuffed men" in my bedroom. xD (Yay, I am a Stuffed Animal!)

- I have sort-of/semi-friendships with a few authors, someone who works at NASA, a magician (Mister M, any Brazilian? ;) )...um...I'm sure I have some others. (I met Tommy Chong at a book signing once!)

- I have an Earth sun sign and two fire signs for moon and ascendant, yet I hate hot weather. :P (I feel free-est when I swim!)

- Most of the crystals I've collected over the years are either aligned to fire or water

- I once had a babysitting job where the kids ate corndogs every. Frakkin. Day. (I couldn't eat corndogs for five years or so afterward. I still don't eat them very much!)

- I HATE PINK! (Brown, orange and yellow aren't really my friends, either) My mom told me once when I was younger that I looked good in dark colors and I still wear them to this day (primarily black)

- I'm lactose intolerant and I have IBS, depression and panic disorder (without agoraphobia). YIKES!

(Lev, I so sympathise...I realized I was depressed at 12, but was too scared of meds and didn't agree to touch them until I committed myself when I was 25)

- Oh yeah...I committed myself to a mental hospital when I was 25. O.o (2011 was a bleepity-bleep year, let me tell you.)

- I was once friends with a guy who constantly looks like he's quite a bit older (he's actually only two older than me), and since he's a swing musician, he started playing clubs when he was thirteen. (One of my cousins went all Psycho!Mother on me when I told her I had a crush on him in high school, because he looks like he could be forty-something, but he was only about 19 or 20 at the time.) And he's a bit of a child prodigy (or was, you know, before he became an adult), because not only is he immensely talented on the clarinet, but he DOESN'T READ MUSIC. O.o

- I'm cnidophobic (fear of things that sting), mildly arachnophobic (fear of spiders...a brown recluse bit my grandma when I was little) and moderately acrophobic (fear of heights...better than I used to be)

WHEW! And if you got a like on your post on this thread, that means I thought one of your things was pretty awesome. :D