NC Gift Box Capsule Help

siniri

I'm contemplating getting a few NC gift box capsules today while they're on sale, so I can trade some of my old, free, but never-used NC items for some retired beach items. I've tried searching various guides to see how they work, but I'm not 100% clear. Is there any difference based on which box you purchase (besides getting a different pretty gift box if you get lucky)? Do you always get a random NC item along with at least 1 gift box?

There's no difference between boxes except the special fancy gift box you can get if you're lucky. All GBCs come with at least 1 gift box, and can come with up to 4, if I'm not mistaken. They will also give you random NC items (as long as they're currently available on the Mall) worth 200 NC. It can be 1 item worth 200 NC, 2 items worth 100 NC each, etc. Sometimes a little more! :)

Thanks for the help.

Hmm, I know some people like to trade in caps, so should I keep them or open them? I know I can always open them later, but the number of gift boxes I get will determine how many I should buy... At least on my side account, I should open it (so I can send some of my free NC items from there to elsewhere).

Actually, I guess that's another question. Can you trade from a side account and have them send the item directly to your main? Or should you transfer to your main and do all NC trading from there? Seems like a waste of a gift box to transfer it twice, but it could seem a bit funny. (My side has the same name as my main, just with a "2" appended to it, and it's a horrible name that no one would be likely to copy.)

I'm having this same issue. I opened one GBC on a side and got 4 items (worth about 350NC) and one gift box. I was planning on sending one of the items to my main but I really like one of the new items I got. So I'm debating on sending it to my main or just sending that pet over next month since I would like a Cy on my main account.

Other question: I would just try to trade from the side. It is a waste to send it to your main, unless you just have a million boxes and care. I'm planning on do that if I can find someone to trade me the wings I want. I'll have them send them to my main and send the item or GBC from my side. I wish you could just move items within your accounts or that you'd get at least two or more boxes from the capsules.. :(

I bought five boxes and opened one on each side (since I had too) and will wait to open any on my main because I know one person wants one and a FQC. Might have to buy more but I've already spend too much today.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm having this same issue. I opened one GBC on a side and got 4 items (worth about 350NC) and one gift box. I was planning on sending one of the items to my main but I really like one of the new items I got. So I'm debating on sending it to my main or just sending that pet over next month since I would like a Cy on my main account.

Wait, I thought NC items didn't transfer with your pets, so wouldn't you have to use the gift box regardless of where the pet was? Otherwise, wouldn't people just transfer pets to trade NC items without the gift boxes?

ETA: I bought one on my side, opened it, and got 2 items (soft hanging lamp and friendly flying petpet house foreground -- what?) and one box, so I bought another there -- three more items (I heart NC flag -- ugh, pastel blue hair bow, and tower princess shoes) and one more box. Then I bought 3 on my main but didn't open them. I'll need to try on the items and see if I like any of them enough to want to send them over to my main. (I know I"m sending A Rolling Fog over, and maybe Rose String Lights... unless I decide to trade something from my side or like one of the new items enough to want it on my main...)

Sorry, guess I rambled a bit. I'd like to create a Cybunny for my main account but I already have four pets. One of the NC items I want to use on a main pet is on a side and I don't want to waste a box sending it to another account. NC items don't transfer, only NP items so I'd just swap pets out and decorate it on my side since I only have one NC item for her and the NP items I can move. Not sure if that was any clearer actually.

ETA: I bought one on my side, opened it, and got 2 items (soft hanging lamp and friendly flying petpet house foreground -- what?) and one box, so I bought another there -- three more items (I heart NC flag -- ugh, pastel blue hair bow, and tower princess shoes) and one more box. Then I bought 3 on my main but didn't open them. I'll need to try on the items and see if I like any of them enough to want to send them over to my main. (I know I"m sending A Rolling Fog over, and maybe Rose String Lights... unless I decide to trade something from my side or like one of the new items enough to want it on my main...)

I did that exact thing and got a bunch of junk and one thing I really quite liked. It's frustrating to have all these cheap trinket things you don't want and don't want to buy a box to send. The upcycle fortune cookies are nice to get rid of this stuff and get something back but it's so random it drives me nuts, and I don't really want to spend the money to buy a FC for my other account when I only have four things to get rid of there and that might only be one day or "upcycling."

Hope any of that made sense... lack of sleep frying my brain.

Thanks, that was clearer. I thought you were wanting to send a Cybunny from your side to your main and somehow thought that the NC item would go with it, but it makes sense now that you're sending the pet to the NC item.