Chrome sound not working?

Hert123

Hi there!
I am currently experiencing a problem with Google Chrome. My problem is: Google Chrome doesn't play sound over my speakers.
My Google Chrome is up to date, currently Version 34.0.1847.131 m. I only have this problem with Google Chrome, not with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. I can also play music in the Windows Media Player over my speakers. This is not only on YouTube, but other sites as well.

Information:

• I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.
  • I tried restarting 'Windows Audio' in Services
  • My Flash is Version 13,0,0,206 - I know Flash is installed with Chrome, and I currently have this:
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Version: 13.0.0.206
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\34.0.1847.131\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
MIME-typen: MIME-type Beschrijving Bestandsextensies application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash .swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player .spl
Naam: Shockwave Flash
Descreption: Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Version: 13,0,0,206
Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_13_0_0_206.dll
Type: NPAPI
MIME-typen: MIME-type Beschrijving Bestandsextensies application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie .swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie .spl

• I don't have anything muted currently

. qvy3.png2a3w.png

I have no idea what I can do to fix my sound. I've been having this problem for about one/two weeks now. Can you help me?

Lots of love,

Hert123

Fixed it! My drivers weren't working properly, so it blocked the sound of Chrome.

Use Internet Explorer, lol.

Did you check if you had any rogue extensions or whatever installed on your Chrome?

Never going back to IE. I don't know what you mean with 'rogue extensions'.. As far as I know, my only extensions are AdBlock and AutoFresh..

did you try clearing your cache and cookies before rebooting? The update might have messed up.

My cookies are ereased every time I shut down my computer. I don't know how to clean my cash, really :$

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Is sound not working in Google Chrome? There are few things that could not be working and several ways we can help you get sound working again! Please try these basic troubleshooting steps:

To make sure it is a Chrome problem, ensure that sound works on other browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, Explorer)

Check sound mixer or audio settings - it is possible for your computer sound to be on but Chrome muted, and the only place this shows is the Sound Mixer (on Win, right click on your Audio icon in the tray)

Next click on "Mixer" If there is a muted icon next to Chrome click on it to unmute it.

Ensure using latest version of Chrome (type chrome://version into your address bar)

Clear your cache and cookies

Try incognito mode

Update sound drivers as some audio issues are the result of a conflict outside of Chrome

If you are using Windows, please try this troubleshooter to see if the steps may help

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't post on threads that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.