Neopian Times

dawnshine

Hey all you TDNFers~

I've been on TDNF for a little while now and talking with you all daily and hearing your ever-honest opinions on a wide range of things and advice to people makes me feel comfortable turning to y'all for some help every now and then.

I'm a writer IRL, but I've never tried my hand at writing for a Neopets publication. I will be honest and admit that I don't usually read all of the Neopian Times every issue, because I think it reads more like a bunch of short stories as opposed to "articles" and it's hard for me to get into them feeling that there should be at least some newsworthy stuff in there.

I'd like to try to write a legit "news article" for the times! I don't expect my first tries to land me anywhere, but I would love it if they did. My question to you, amigos, is what do you deem "newsworthy" right now, OR what would you find interesting to read about that isn't the same-old-same published every time around? I know the Altador Cup is on the horizon but since I've been inactive on Neo for a few years until January I have never participated and I don't know anything about it so until I can experience it firsthand I'm not sure I can write anything about it, even a preview or buildup of expectations on things to come. Therefore that is kind of out of the question for now. Maybe as it starts I can write in some sort of "coverage" on it but for now, not an option.

Any other ideas?

((((: Thanks in advance for any input you throw in. I always appreciate your feedback and help.

write about the new daily : The Coincidence ........ and the mini-event which accompanied it

I tried writing about the Coincidence, but the minimum amount of words is 1000 and I got 600 so far.. But I think it's an interesting topic! So you should definately try :)

I do cartoon for the times, but I've also written one article once that was published :) My article was about my experience and advise on the subject. People do write a variety of articles revolving around latest news, so if there's a breaking story you feel compelled to write about you totally should :D There's a separate category for the short stories that appear in the times each week. Articles on the other hand are written mostly as guides, news, and opinions.

the festival of neggs is wrapping up, maybe you could write about the event and some of the newly released items :)

Most of my personal Neo writings involve vacations to different lands, meetings with important persons, Neoschool adventures, or food! I think food is one of my favorite things to read and write about!

I really like the style of the journalism that we see during the Altador Cup. There are interviews with players and coverage that rivals real life (granted that might be because I don't watch much sports :p). Consider doing something like that for another event, I think it would be well-recieved

Yes! That was exactly my vision. I wanted to interview real players and characters and stuff. Whenever I start to work things out I may be hitting some of you up for relevant quotes. (: