I need a babysitter

johnsburgers

I totally understand if you can't help, because what I am asking is pretty big, but, just in case..

So basically Hissi Day is coming up and I'm SIKED. But I have 4 neopets already so im planning on moving one of them to my side so I can get me a HISSI ! I've decided to move my yellow aisha called laughing_leah to my side but here's the problem. I'm literally about to go make a side after I have finished writing this so I need someone who can babysit my aisha for 4 months. That's right 4 months, simply because I can't friggin transfer my aisha to my side unless its 4 months old, and Hissi day is tomorrow.

Again I totally understand if you can't help, but if no one does, I'm afraid the only options left are to dump it in the pound or give it away to someone who happens to want an aisha and likes the name I gave it.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from TDN Questions to Neopets Help.

First of all , Xepha is right,

Second ....... this is from this week's editorial

Hey, y'all. *hugs* I know 'pet-sitting is FORBIDDEN (capitals for emphasis), but say someone would be gone from Neopets for quite a long time and they transferred their 'pets to a friend's side account so they could be cared for. Would that be considered 'pet-sitting? Thank you. :D ~azurazebra
"'Pet-sitting" used to be a common scam quite a few years ago, which is why it is FORBIDDEN. Players would offer to "babysit" your Neopets... just give them your password and they'll make sure your Neopets are fed while you're gone!

Yeah, no. -_-

Sending your Neopet to someone else is a much different kind of sitting. It's not against the rules, but we don't really recommend it. That's why we have the Neolodge. Players often quit or go on hiatus and leave their Neopets in the care of others, but what happens when you come back, or never come back? That player might assume you're not coming back and Pound / trade the Neopet. This has happened plenty of times before. We really recommend using the Neolodge and leaving the Neopet on your own account.

^^ They say it's allowed, just discouraged. Nothing wrong with that. I've been holding on to a Spotted Wocky for months now but the user I was watching for isn't coming back, they've recently decided. Now IDK what to do with him. I've grown somewhat attached but I was kind of saving that slot for a camouflage Krawk and I feel bad pounding Anankou for it -_-

Xepha and Angelo are both right. "Babysitting" is forbidden and it's not a good idea to attempt to do, just for your accounts' sake. You could transfer the pet to your side account if you want to the way Xepha suggested, but you also have the option of becoming a premium member if you have the cash. It's not that expsensive and is another option you could choose to do if you want a 5th pet on your main.

Well I would of listened to Xepha if I read his comment before I came up with idea, yellow aisha, no one cares about it, so if I dumped it in the pound no one would swoop it before I did.

But still, had NO idea it was forbidden, and never would of done this if I knew firsthand. It's great to have neopet experts eh :)