Anyone want a pet zapped?

I have 4 great pets right now... And a side at only three months. So I was wondering if, because I feel like it is a waste not to zap pets, someone would like to trade pets for a bit. I would be willing to zap them and their petpet and at the end, if you still don't have a color you like, paint them magma. There are a few requirements, but honestly, they aren't super hard.

1. Your account must be over four months old (because I want to transfer a painted pet)

2. Have not used this months transfers.

3. You have to be (and this is on the honor system!) an account who is too poor to buy the lab map.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered. Since it is against TNT rules, best not to go forward with it.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

I'm trying to find an editorial question... but I found this instead :3

http://www.neopets.com/~dekasin

Can I use my lab to zap pets for other people?

There are basically two scenarios.

This is NOT OK:
Someone gives me their pet, or I adopt/create a pet for them and I promise to give it back once it's zapped a certain color.

This is OK:
I zap a pet, and then choose someone to give it to or just pound it.

What's the difference? TNT defines the first scenario as sharing the lab map, which is not allowed. Lab maps were not meant to be shared. If you wish to use it, you must buy your own. You are, of course, allowed to move pets around within your own accounts to zap.

Here's the closest editorial about this I could find, although I'm guessing that there might be one more specific about it:

Neopets Editorial - Issue 483 | Question 8 [link]

JN ID: 13786

Hi, TNT! Hypothetical situation here involving two good imaginary friends of mine, Sally and Bob. Sally gets a Fountain Faerie Quest. She already has all of her dream Neopets, however, so she has no need for it. Bob has never received a FFQ before and Sally wants to donate her FFQ to Bob as a gift. Would it be allowed for Bob to send his Neopet to Sally's account, where Sally would use her FFQ on Bob's Neopet and then transfer it back to Bob? I'm getting confused about this because it isn't allowed with the Lab Ray, so I can't work out if it would be allowed with a FFQ. Please let me know! ~zemzii

While giving away your hard-earned lab zap or FFQ pass is a nice gesture, we don't allow this because Bob should be earning his own Lab Map. Bob should complete his own FFQ (if he were lucky enough to receive one) in order to get a pass to the fountain. First and foremost, Neopets is a game. Bob should be using his own progress in the game to achieve goals and reap the benefits, not someone else's.

Edit:

Okay, so here's the editorial I was looking for:

Neopets Editorial - Issue 363 | Question 9 [link]

JN ID: 5623

I was asked today if I could take a friend's Neopet in trade, zap it for her at the Lab Ray, then trade it back to her. I don't mind, but I don't want to do anything that would result in any of my accounts being frozen. Could you, O' Wise TNT, shed some light on how you all would feel about this, since trading is now perfectly fine and some people are most likely already doing this? I would not accept anything in return for doing this for her. I would just zap her Neopet and let the ray have its way until she was happy with the results, then trade the Neopet back to her. ~tears_ofan_angel

We think this is a bit of an abuse of the transfer service and request that people not use it for this purpose, as this has not been allowed in the past, either.

Edited by Bright ^_^

It's too bad that Lab Map pieces are out of reach for most people. I've been trying to save up for five years, worked hard to make enough, but greedy sellers raise the prices higher and higher. I've given up on ever having access.

I honestly believe that TNT should put a cap on prices, but they're using NeoPets as a "real world experiment" and letting players create the market. NeoPets should be a game. We already live in a harsh world with people starving in the streets, with no place to live.... We don't need a game that reflects reality so closely that we have elitists and poor, but that's how people in general seem to be wired. Sad.

Thanks for the offer. It shows your kind heart. b)

Ok, that really stinks... I have four pets and my side is still two weeks away from being 4 months... I like all my pets the way they are and the two unpainted pets both have nc stuff so I figured someone could watch my pet and I could watch theirs. Oh well! Personally, I don't think it should be against the rules but that's neopets!

You could always join a guild like ZYDP: http://www.neopets.com/~ZYDP

This is from their site description and it sounds like it matches what you want to do:

We use our lab rays to zap Neopets, and then we give the pet to whoever wished for a pet with that color/species combination.

I understand your frustration about not being able to use the lab ray. I have a side that's aging and I won't be able to get one of my pets off of one of my lab ray accounts for a few months until that side ages. Until then, that lab is unusable.

You can zap your own pets to adopt out to other people. There are a few guilds who do that sort of thing too.

You could always join a guild like ZYDP: http://www.neopets.com/~ZYDP

This is from their site description and it sounds like it matches what you want to do:

I was in a guild that did that but it fell apart. I may join a guild once I can zap again or what I do is neomail my neofriends... Is there a place on tdn where people list dreamies?

Hypothetical time!!!!
What if you give a pet away "You no longer want it" they end up zapping it.
You want your baby back. They give it back because they don't wish you to be sad. is that acceptable?
(I'm assuming they would assume we were just passing, but if you show them your messages that wasn't your intent . I don't know"

Unrelated but somewhat relevant: there is someone I wanted to transfer a non-painted pet to and it wouldn't let me today /: They aren't a 4mo. old account, they are a few days shy of it-- but I thought since the pet was unpainted it didn't matter. Merp.

Mirandaell, xD This would be stretching the rules quite a bit. Humm honestly, I don't know O;, but I would not suggest doing so since TNT usually don't investigate whenever they find something sketchy and punish right away ;/

Dawnshine, 4 month and younger accounts cannot adopt level 3+ pets nor limited/restricted species such as draiks, cybunnies, etc ;c

Ahh! I'm unsure what lvl the pet is I was trying to transfer since I don't spend much time looking at it but it is probably over level 3. Thanks for the clarification. I was confuzzled!

It's too bad that Lab Map pieces are out of reach for most people. I've been trying to save up for five years, worked hard to make enough, but greedy sellers raise the prices higher and higher. I've given up on ever having access.

Play Keyquest. You can win Lab Map pieces with Gold Keys. I play 2-Player/5-Key games...that way, even if I lose, I get a Silver Key. Keyquest is a great way to make nps...so, whether or not you win a Lab Map piece, you can buy them with your winnings!

Good luck!

:P