Team Thoughts

Okay, I know this is basically an invitation to be bored with stats, stories, etc., so I have no reason to complain later on. (HA!)

Nevertheless, have any of you thought about what team you'd like to play for this year?

Last year was my first time playing AC (I'm usually on hiatus, I tried it in 2008/9 and didn't understand what I was doing) and I played for Shenkuu because I like the pseudo-Japan/China feel. (I actually wish there was more to Shenkuu as a realm, to be honest.)

I've been on again off again with my current account over the last few years so I've only participated in AC twice. Both times I went with Meridell (and the second time I only chose them because that is who I went with the first time around). Not sure what I am going to do this year...

I don't get the people who play eight hours a day or whatever to get to All-Star. My fingers hurt after a half dozen! I'd have the gall to use an AC-specific score sender (a good one, or at least one that is presently operable), but I've never found such a thing in all my internet travels. (Which is okay, because I genuinely like playing YYB--except for the pain part.)

I'm with Haunted Woods, have been for the last two years (the only ones I've actually played). I love the community, we're few but very close and very friendly.

But I must say I HATEHATEHATE the AC. I just force myself to play it because I just KNOW I'm going to regret it if the prizes come out and I have few points. Apart from that, I just HATE everything about it. The mindnumbningness of playing the same four games over and over and over and over... GAAAH!

And I hate Yooyuball. I.hate.it.

I have been semi-loyal to Maraqua and Terror Mountain through the years, but frankly, last year (or was it the year before?) it took all I had to play enough to get the avatar. There is nothing in the world of Neopia that can convince me to play in the AC. I am never going to have enough points for the really expensive prizes and the whole thing is so mind-numbing, I just can't. Life's too short. I'm sitting this and all future ones out (unless something drastically changes in the way the AC runs and I'm not talking controls...)

Edit: It was the year before, I barely chose a team last year. Don't think I'd bother even that much this year.

I have never participated in the AC. I actually don't know anything about it. Guess it's about that time to read up on it! Doesn't sound that fun based on this thread though, /: Haha. Hopefully I have the patience for it. If there is an avatar involved I guess I better start training my fingers XD

The account I played on last year was frozen, so I don't remember all of what was available for prizes...not that I have the time and/or patience to play as long as the people who go for AS, anyway. :P

Glad to see some fellow Shenkuu lovers. Hey, Angelo and Aloa! :D

===

Update: must be the prizes I was thinking about were from the Obelisk.

Here's the link to last year's AC prizes: http://thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/prizes-ac8/

It's my favorite land, and I don't particularly care about my team winning. :P

This, my fellow cat lover! I'm just in for the prizes and trophies.

Although I'm reading through the game guides and such ahead of time, just to see if I've missed anything since last summer.

I've heard of AC but I've never played it. Can someone explain to me what it is or tell me a link where I can read up on it? (The amount of finger busting I've reading is starting to scare me a bit, lol.)

probably going to go with DC. it'll be my fourth year with them. the only difference between picking the winning team and any other team is how the trophy looks on your UL, aye? hopefully I'll have time to play and rack up points. kind of regretting taking summer courses now. :P

I hate the Altador Cup, and yet will almost certainly be collecting another All Star trophy for the Haunted Woods this year. I don't expect any major format changes (the process of moving to Jumpstart seems to be slowing content down, in general), but I'm still crossing my fingers that TNT will do something to make it less tedious.

I've been with LD since the glitch in AC III and I am not even thinking about changing! They have been my favorite for a long time (I even made a T-shirt with the team on it :D) I always have felt loyal even in the darkest times and I think this year we will do pretty good (if our pattern keeps up)

I don't know why I don't play/root for LD...I love Egypt, even more than Japan.

You know what I never thought to suggest on the survey? An ancient Roman land. I have a certain lupe who would like Roman armor.

You know what I never thought to suggest on the survey? An ancient Roman land. I have a certain lupe who would like Roman armor.

For me, Japan, Roman and Egypt are my favorite three! My first team was Altador (I had a glitch that put me on LD for some reason) and then I was on LD ever since though it only counts my altador games :I

I'm bored with the Altador Cup, and wouldn't mind the event going on hiatus for a while to give us all a break. Playing the games constantly gets really boring after a while....ugh. Last year I didn't even participate at all!! That's how bored and DONE I am with the AC. But I'm loyal to Maraqua, so I'm probably gonna stick with that team like I have for the past three years. Maybe I'll try for the All-Star rank like I did in 2012. Maybe. I hope a good Battledome weapon is awarded this year, though knowing me and my cutomisation addiction, I'll probably just end up getting a rare wearable worth a ton of points instead XD

Hey! What if something new was introduced (like puzzles or something) so participants don't have to play the same mind-numbing games over and over?

I've been with the Haunted Woods for 6 years now, but I think I might go with Terror Mountain this year or even some other team. Either way it doesn't matter that much, because I'm really bored with the AC too. I was never a big AC fan to begin with, but ever since they changed Yooyuball it became a lot harder for me to rank up, thus making me even less motivated to play.

I'd love it if a puzzle element were introduced, but I guess it would be unlikely since the AC is supposed to be a "sports" event. But who knows... I think at this point any new game would be an improvement.

I thought Altador was based off ancient Rome/Greece? they don't have a corresponding colour for it (which bothers me--I want one too!), so that's why pets can't have an Altadorian look. Shenkuu's got the Stealthy look, I think, and there's a colour for most of the other, themed lands (Royal for Meridell/Brightvale? idk). Altador needs one as well.

I only stuck with DC because of the loyalty perk and I'm obsessed with Darigan Shoyrus. :P