I thought that random colour changing events could only happen to active neopets?

Han_nie

258115i.png

Hi there! I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong with post location or anything - I don't use forums usually. For this though, I'm making an exception. I'm kind of freaking out because I was literally just reading about random colour changing events today, and the article I read said that they only targeted active pets. This was a relief, because I'm about to buy a faerie paint brush and I'd really rather not have it changed to a baby or something worse like red or blue. Then the Neogods descended and this happened. As you can see in the above screenshot, my active neopet is named Sahaxia, and Boochi targeted Crevanya. Thankfully, he missed... however, did I just get lucky or do these events actually target inactive neopets but only succeed on active neopets? Thanks in advance for any answers. :*

I don't know for sure, but I think that they doing away with all of the color changing events...In the editorial, they acted like it couldn't happen to any pet, active or not. I don't think Boochi can actually 'hit' your pet anymore. Also, I don't think RE's can steal your items anymore, either. So, yay! :laughingsmiley:

I don't know for sure, but I think that they doing away with all of the color changing events...In the editorial, they acted like it couldn't happen to any pet, active or not. I don't think Boochi can actually 'hit' your pet anymore. Also, I don't think RE's can steal your items anymore, either. So, yay! :laughingsmiley:

Oh, that would be amazing. I really, really hope that's the case. Thank you! I was afraid that they had changed it to where inactive pets could be targeted. :crying_blow: I'd much rather they did away with it altogether.

Boochi won't actually turn your pets Baby anymore, although we're not sure what he does now.

Also, I don't think RE's can steal your items anymore, either. So, yay! :laughingsmiley:

That is false. You can still lose items to the Grundo leader, a hungry petpet, the filthy Kiko Lake team taking a donation without asking, etc.

EDIT: Found the editorial question that mentions color changing REs:

I read on a board that there are no more color changing Random Events. Is this true? Will Boochi still be around changing 'pets into babies? I ask because I don't want to put my plushie as my active and have her Boochied or turning blue, etc. Please remove my username. ~username removed

The invisible / red / blue events are gone completely. Boochi is still around with some tweaks, as mentioned above. :)

He fired his gun at my active pet and changed it to Baby! I loved that! I am glad he changed my pet for me before they made him stop. I was saving up of for sooo many items, it was nice not to have to save for a baby paintbrush

Okay I dug a little deeper and found a quote from Snarkie on the topic:

"Regular colour changes are no more (and haven't been active for a while). Boochi remains but he's... different now. *shifty eyes* I'm not going to spoil it but he no longer fires willy nilly and he can't hurt your Neopets."

Well, that's at least a little reassuring.

I had every item from my inventory "disappear" two days ago and chalked it up to an RE I missed. It was a Drackonack and a number of cheeses as I was going for the avatar. I still have no avatar, and now I have none of the items I was using to get said avatar so I'm a little miffed but pretty sure REs can still ruin your day XD

Wait.... So can pets can turn different colors in RE or no?

I think turning baby would be alright for an unpainted pet, but at the same time, I have two painted pets that I don't want to have to save up to repaint if they get hit.

No, they can't. Those types of events used to exist, but not since REs were revamped (and possibly before then).

So it sounds like they can't change your active pet's color, but they can steal items. :evo:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The original topic had been answered.

If you are still confused, read back what Ruto said.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Xepha if you have any questions regarding this action.