Where do I submit art to NeoPets?

Azurablue

Hi, everyone!

I've been toying with some designs for new items for NeoPets. Specifically motes. I love motes. I have about a dozen designs and don't know where to submit them for consideration by the staff. I'm not looking for compensation or anything. (Well, I wouldn't say no to a few free motes that use my designs.) I've never tried to submit anything to them other than questions to the editorial. So, anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

(If I've posted this in the wrong forum, my apologies to the moderators for having to move it to the proper place. Thank you.)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'The Art Gallery' to 'Neopets Help'.

Hmmm this is a tricky one! I'd say submit a ticket under 'feedback' (I think that's what it's called on there), and where the box is to type your suggestions put the urls to the images so they can have a look. At least that's what I'd do xP

here's an editorial that I think could answer some questions..

TNT, I was just wondering: how come it seems like the staff doesn't provide an area for players to give their feedback and provide suggestions? I've played other games that have forums for that, but as long as I have been playing Neopets, I've always felt that it wasn't "our game." We don't really have a say in anything (and most suggestions I see in the Editorial are always shut down because "We can't do that"). It just seems like the staff is not too open to other people's great suggestions. ~frostygrunt
We actually have staff that gather and send in both daily and weekly feedback to us. If you've posted on one of those long boards that discuss your Neopian likes or dislikes, or what improvements you'd like to see, chances are that we've read it. We do read our suggestions board, and you can also send your feedback directly to us through the help page. All those fan sites and communities you have out there? We watch them, too. Many of your suggestions, comments, and thoughts are sent to all departments. The majority of you weren't quite thrilled with how that newest Maractite Neopet looked? The Art Department has been alerted. You wished a site event would have done X differently? Our Content Department will know. Something isn't quite working right? We've put in a ticket to our programmers.

That said, the biggest issue is time and resources. Also, much of our content is planned months to a year in advance, which makes it hard to work in suggestions that suddenly crop up. While we don't like to shoot down suggestions, sometimes it just isn't feasible or high priority enough to work into our schedules. Some ideas are fantastic, or ones we've been dying to implement, and we do try to make those happen, though it doesn't always happen quickly.

@ ShelleyJoy: Thanks! You're pretty amazing at looking up things posted on the Editorial.

@cartoon_dreamer: Oooh... I like that idea. I could try that. It appeals both to the artist and the writer in me. Thank you!