~ Maraqua Support Thread ~ :: The Wave Is Coming

Saxen

A place for Maraqua supporters to congregate/chat/predict about Altador Cup IX :D

This will be my fourth(?) year supporting Maraqua - hopefully this year we'll be able to take home a top place trophy!!

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/maraqua/ < info about the team

So fellow Mermaids, do you reckon we'll be able to do it this year? What's your rank target? How long have you supported MQ?

*confetti* excitessss!

It's been long enough since last year, I'm really looking forward to this year :D

This will be my 5th AC with Maraqua. (And 5th AC total as well.)

My goal is to get as far past All Star as possible. I'd love to max SoSD nearly every day, though I doubt that will happen.

I remember your SoSD scores being incredible Spritzie! O.O

Did the game caps come in last year? I don't remember them being mentioned before that

I can't remember the exact number, but I played TONS of SoSD. I want to say over 20-25k. :P

I want to say the maxes have been there for at least the 4 years I've played, but I don't know for sure. I've only maxed SoSD the last couple years.

Yeah I remember you were always bang on it xD

Hmm that's weird, I don't remember that. I've never maxed out on anything though so I guess I wouldn't know xP I will be this year though! Think I'm going to play more Slushie Slinger than anything else, as apparently that's what lets us down :(

It was quick and easy. If SS didn't take so long, I'd do nothing but play that. It's definitely my favorite AC game.

I'm going with my SS plan from last year. My priority is to max SoSD. With any time left over, play as many SS as possible. I'd like to beat my record of 565 SS games from a previous year.

It is the most entertaining, for sure. I agree though, it does take a while!

Will you not play any YYB?

Nope, no YYB. I only played YYB my first year. I've never particularly liked it, so I figured I was better off spending my time doing something I enjoyed more and was better at. YYB took ages because I was never that great at scoring.

Ahh fair enough. I lean mostly towards YYB cause of the rank points. I hardly did anything else in '12 cause I wanted all star sooo bad :ohno: Gonna focus mostly on the areas MQ isn't so brilliant at though this time methinks instead of trying to rank up. I'll be soo happy if we win/come close this year!!

I've been with Maraqua for maybe 2-3 years? I was never very serious before that time and I always missed AC ><

And wow you guys play so much!!! How long did you play a day to get all star?

Wheeyy more Mermaids! :woot:

Yeah it would be nice to have a bit more strategy involved, I agree.

It was 2+ hours a day. I was sick at that point and didn't have much on so I could do it, it was boring as hell though xD

My main goal this year is to do better and have more fun than last year. Hopefully, the team will do better, too.

I really hope that the format of the Altador Cup lends itself to strategy, because I miss getting and helping send the neomails each day.

Sorry but due to someone being silenced last year for sending the mailers, they are being discontinued. I don't want to put people at risk for helping out. (Kerri was unsilenced ~6 months later, in case you are wondering.)

This will be my 5th year supporting Maraqua (9th year playing the cup altogether)

I really just want to make it past rank 4, since I never have. :P

Sorry but due to someone being silenced last year for sending the mailers, they are being discontinued. I don't want to put people at risk for helping out. (Kerri was unsilenced ~6 months later, in case you are wondering.)

Oh, I had never heard that as the reason they were discontinued. I had only ever heard that it was because of the format. I'm guessing that it was because of the chain letter rule. I wish TNT was more lenient about that one. I'm glad she was able to get unsilenced.

How about merpeople? lol There are guys who support Maraqua too. ;) Most of the guild I'm in is also supporting Maraqua this year.

I believe this is my 5th AC overall. I've always supported Maraqua, every year I've participated. :) I don't remember how long the AC goes, but I'm HOPING not to fall TOO far behind. Got a few events to go to coming up in early June. ;-\ I was in the first 2 ACs and then the last 2. lol

I'd like to rank All-Star this year. I've NEVER reached that rank. Though I was kind of close 2 ACs ago. I got 8000 Goals and won 938 games, NO ties or Losses. But that ONLY got me to Rank 16. :( In the LAST AC, I only got, I think to rank 6. I was still kind of exhausted from the Obelisk war, couldn't really focus on the AC. I know I'll do better this year than last year, but I'd dearly love to rank All-Star so I can at least have the OPTION of some of the top prizes. I'm going to GUESS that TNT will probably release some interesting weapon this year in the prize shop.

I guessed there'd be one slightly stronger than that Altador Cup Throwing Star last year... It may not have been here at TDN forums. But 2 years in a row now, that I'm aware of, they released a decent weapon each of the last 2 years. So one could guess that they may have another neat weapon in for this year's AC Prizes. That's my guess. Although, instead of an offensive weapon.. Maybe TNT will try a switch and release a really good DEFENSIVE piece of equipment. Or perhaps a Dual Duty.. This is PURE speculation on my part. ;) So please treat it as such. :D

GO TEAM MARAQUA! :D

Whey1! So many returning supporters! I cannot wait until it starts! Been practicing my SS skills :D

I like that Slushie Slinger has peophins in it. I think it's the ONLY game to have them even in them, except for YYB, that has a peophin on one team.. I think it's Kiko Lake's team goalie...

Peophins aren't the most popular pet on neo, but as they are right around the middle of the pack in popularity, I think they should be in a couple more games. ;) I wonder if TNT takes unsolicited suggestions for games? I had an idea, long time ago, for working a peophin into a NeoQuest 3, if there will ever be a 3rd installment of the game. But I'd have to check some old stuff to fully refresh myself on the ideas I had before I'd write them. LOL They probably can't, but it'd be fun to try and pitch the ideas. ;)

Been working on my YYB skills. Managed 12 points against the practice team in 1 game. I'm averaging around 9 goals per PRACTICE game. I usually take screenshots of my final scores that are 10 goals or higher. Just in case there's any kind of dispute or something. I figured, talk is cheap, screenshots back it up. ;)

The AC 2 years ago, 2012, I had 323 games where I got 10 goals or more in a game. Including 2 games where I managed to get 15 goals. That's my personal best. And so I am HOPING I can beat that this year.

I've got a wedding to attend in early June, so I am really hoping I can get in SOME games maybe before or after it. Oh I'm really happy for my cousin, I just wish it weren't during the AC. ;) LOL

I hope we win this year! ^_^ Go Maraqua! :D

Wait... Are you only allowed a limited number of games per day? o_O

2ezo3k8.jpg

Xepha posted the caps for games somewhere but I can't remember where it was - it's definitely not 13 though! That's weird! Are you unable to send any more YYB scores?

BTW- does anyone know the minimum score for Slushie Slinger? I've read 260, 270 & 300 in various places

That's so strange! I'm glad it works again though :D