Krawk Island Support Thread

micheee

Ok, I reckon we can take this. I think I'm all played out for today though, it's 2AM where I am and I've had a busy day. Good luck for everyone continuing to play!

I think we have a nice bracket, comparatively, all things considered... none of them are nice.

The Minitheus bracket looks like a nightmare.

Moltara is worrying, they didn't get amazing scores yesterday but they've been sat at the top of the bracket for most of today. I still think we have a solid chance of coming second in this bracket either way.

For me yesterdays results weren't the best but at least we scrapped a win. I'm a little nervous for todays match up though; Kreludor seems to be doing pretty well and I didn't get a chance to play as much as I would have liked to, didn't get a chance to rank up. Tomorrow hopefully I can level up twice. Otherwise hopefully everyone is playing hard and enjoying it! Go Pirates! :laughingsmiley:

Ooh, just saw yesterday's results. Oh well, at least we did our best. Though, I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to play at all yesterday. I'll definitely be playing a lot more today, so hopefully we'll get some good results against RI.

Good luck, everyone!

Woohoo! Well done team.

We've consistently scored the same number of points in each game so far, 5-5-4-5. Hopefully once the cup gets going a bit more we can push that up, because I think we might need to.

We're facing Roo Island again today and, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean we aren't going to face one of the teams in our bracket?

I'm glad we were finally able to get all W's!! I haven't been able to play much but I will pick it up C:

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean we aren't going to face one of the teams in our bracket?

All teams will face the other 3 teams in their bracket twice! :)

But there are 5 other teams in the bracket and with 4 bye days, there is only time for 5 matches in each round, we'll have had 4 matches but only faced 3/5 teams, with only 1 day left.

I'm assuming tomorrow will be a bye day, as they don't fall on the first or last day of a round and then there should only be one more day of this round, but there are two teams we haven't faced.

Guest Sabs

Hello pirates! Looks like it's a practice team today. I'll just be working on my rank. Just curious,does anyone like playing YYB and SOSD racing games?

I'll be working on rank today too. I'm kind of glad that we didn't get utterly swept by Moltara. I'm thinking they may have a cheating team or all-star group backing them with the numbers they're posting... Especially because Moltara has never been a good team before.

Maybe I'll sound pretty ignorant, but what do you mean by racing games, Sabs?

I hate to say it, but I don't think I can do full SoSd games or any MSN games anymore.

I'm not one of those people that can stay on the Internet all day. It takes twelve SoSd games to equal one game of YYB (at least according to TDN), so twelve full games come up to sixty goals altogether, not counting those that miss. MSN, on the other hand, is just terrible. The way my laptop is designed makes playing that game hurt my wrists to do it for too long.

I hate that I won't be contributing much to the team's overall score, but I don't know what else to do that won't make participating in this unbearable.

Hi everyone,

I read the entire thread and it seems that our moral has gone down a bit and everyone here (on the thread) has lost their motivation to play. Krawk Island is loaded with All-Star players and it seems that we always have half of the top AC Cup players throughout this tourney. Despite having so many "All-Stars" we are now considered a 3rd tier team. That's because Krawk Island has so many members on the team that the number of All-Stars do not matter (which is why All-Star Groups never join KI). The strength of Krawk Island is that every member on the team plays. This year it seems that most of the members are not playing as much or just stopped playing.

I do understand that not everyone likes to spend the hours in front of the computer. I get it, its nice outside, work is calling, bills need to be paid, school is cool etc.That being said, its only once a year and Krawk Island can win it all but only with you really being part of the team. Please feel free to get more active, get to know your teammates and play, play, play :laughingsmiley:

Krawk Island is a sleeping giant and it sure would be nice if we showed everyone what a true juggernaut can do...which should be repeating as champions! :rock:

Thanks for the encouragement! :laughingsmiley: Even as a person who spends a lot of time online, I've found it extraordinarily difficult to play. It's probably the novelty wearing off since it's not my first year anymore... It does seem like there are less people playing this year, which is kind of a shame. It'd be really great to see more people being a little more active, but we'll have to do our best with what we can get. It's not too late to improve our standing!

Anyways, good luck against Shenkuu! I'm sure we'd all love to see all W's in that little box tomorrow.

I've been playing pretty much from 9pm to 1 or 2am my local time every night XD Unfortunately, I feel like I'm not getting very far in that amount of time. I have a longer commute to work than I did last year, so I lose at least an hour that I would have been able to play >:C If only I was allowed to play at work lol

Am I the only one who assumes there's an ASG or cheater group when I see scores over 11? :/ Like whoa Haunted Woods and Moltara. And actually, Virtupets has been having that same thing happen too. Really. I know Haunted Woods does have a pretty loyal following though.

We can still pull this together and have a strong standing at the end! Play as much as you can!

I did hear on Jellyneo's forum that one of the ACGs is supporting HW and Moltara. I've also heard that both of the major ASGs teamed up behind VP teams in an effort to thwart the ACGs.

Ah, here it is. Should be interesting how the final ranking fall since we've got the ACGs and ASGs butting heads this year.

Am I the only one who assumes there's an ASG or cheater group when I see scores over 11? :/ Like whoa Haunted Woods and Moltara. And actually, Virtupets has been having that same thing happen too. Really. I know Haunted Woods does have a pretty loyal following though.

Not really. It's pretty unusual to see scores over 8 or 9 for teams without a sizable ASG/cheating group behind them. But every team has their share of small cheating groups as well as extremely devoted All-Star players. I would be most suspicious about the teams that haven't really done well before this year and those that are posting big numbers. Even with diligent All-Star players and a dedicated following, it's just not possible to get scores like 16 or 17 without some sort of help.

Thanks for the link, Kayla! Kinda what I'd thought :/ I think that mess is the most frustrating bit for me personally. The smaller groups that chocolatea mentioned are kind of expected with any site event or game really. But banding together is what makes it frustrating for people who aren't really part of that. Hard for the teams without either to compete.

We usually do okay just out of having so many people who are all playing. That's part of why I went KI to begin with. We do well off of working as a unit. It's weird for me to have the forums so quiet this year because there's usually a huge team atmosphere.

We're doing decently still though! I'm going to start hitting YYB increasingly harder. I'll try to maintain MSN and SOSD that I've really been doing. A lot of people do SOSD since it's so fast and I've noticed more MSN too. I've actually been more okay with MSN this year since I started playing it low quality? Maybe that will help some people? Nothing fixes SS though. That game drags, man.

Huh. I didn't know that the ASGs were teaming up this year. The results will certainly be entertaining, though it won't be easy going against VP then.Thanks for the link!

I think it's just the forums that are unusually quiet. The KILL boards are just as lively as they were last year, although the YYB board has been quite slow for the past couple of days. Hopefully it just means that people are focusing more on playing than posting? Or maybe everyone's just busy this year. :/

In regards to yesterday's scores, I'm kind of surprised that we lost YYB. Seeing as how we've consistently scored 5s, I thought we would at least get a draw. Nonetheless, nice job everyone! And good luck against our dear old friend Tyrannia today. ;)

Thanks for the link, Kayla! Kinda what I'd thought :/ I think that mess is the most frustrating bit for me personally. The smaller groups that chocolatea mentioned are kind of expected with any site event or game really. But banding together is what makes it frustrating for people who aren't really part of that. Hard for the teams without either to compete.

We usually do okay just out of having so many people who are all playing. That's part of why I went KI to begin with. We do well off of working as a unit. It's weird for me to have the forums so quiet this year because there's usually a huge team atmosphere.

We're doing decently still though! I'm going to start hitting YYB increasingly harder. I'll try to maintain MSN and SOSD that I've really been doing. A lot of people do SOSD since it's so fast and I've noticed more MSN too. I've actually been more okay with MSN this year since I started playing it low quality? Maybe that will help some people? Nothing fixes SS though. That game drags, man.

You're welcome.

This is why I'm just playing for myself. There's really no way we can compete with the ASG/ACGs, so I'm not really bothering going all out.

The AC was a lot better when it was just YYB.

I'll be working on rank today too. I'm kind of glad that we didn't get utterly swept by Moltara. I'm thinking they may have a cheating team or all-star group backing them with the numbers they're posting... Especially because Moltara has never been a good team before.

Maybe I'll sound pretty ignorant, but what do you mean by racing games, Sabs?

No worries! =) Sorry for responding back a little late. With an SOSD racing game, people would set a certain amount of games to do. Whoever finishes first would win. It helps motivate you to do more of those repetitive games. lol

The YYB racing games have a set amount of YYB balls to score. This could require a few games to score all of them, since the balls are given out at random. Whoever completes a set first would win. Periodically you can update your current status of each YYB ball on the thread, so everyone knows how close you are, or how much faster they need to work.

Ex.set of YYB balls to score:

10 Darigan

5 Fire

8 Snow

15 regular

10 Faerie

8 Robot

I'm not entirely opposed to playing some of the games like that, but I've found that I definitely have a lot less time this year than I had last year. So I don't know how realistic it would be to think I could keep up with some sort of racing game lol. I'm sort of shifting a good portion of my focus to YYB just so I gain rank faster.

I was really surprised too about the 4 in YYB since we'd been super consistent before that. As the rounds go on further, I feel like we definitely need to start playing more to try to increase the scores and become more competitive. You usually see that gradual increase in most teams as they go on, so our consistency will need to sort of take an upshift to keep getting Ws I would think.

I have changed up my playing schedule, primarly because I wanted to double rank a couple of days, and I've since added MSN in.

Today, for every game of YYB I played, I also played two games of SS, twenty-five one goal games of SoSd and five games of MSN. I've found that after ten cycles of doing this, I'm not very far away, point-wise, from getting the next rank. Typically, I try to get in at least 700 games of SoSd, since that alone cuts down the points needed to rank up by a lot.

It's still tedious as Darigan Citadel, but it's not as tedious as it has been, plus it makes MSN a lot better on my wrists.

By the way, do we know how long the AC is going to go through? I'm going on a week-long trip to Kentucky in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to know if I still have a chance of getting to All Star Rank again.

Spyke- That is understandable about not having the time for a race. lol I've also been really focusing on YYB, and then SOSD.

I agree! We really need an upshift to continue getting Ws. I'm not sure if most are giving up, or just not playing at all.

KaylaTheHedgehog- That sounds like a pretty cool schedule for games. I just can't imagine doing MSN. x.x

I believe the actual tournament ends on 6/30, and the champions and prize shop will be announced on 7/2. I hope that enough time for you to get to All Star.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/rules.phtml