Terror Mountain Support Thread

Se we're in a good bracket where we won't have any easy matches but only have MT who can still be beat in Yyb. We just have to play hard and get the maximum # of points everyday.

we could maybe get some wins against Shenkuu and Mystery Island also, since our scores are close to them.

Hello bracket buddies! Looks like we're in the same bracket for the 3rd time :laughingsmiley:

I still remember before I became loyal to MI, I did consider TM as the team for me since I LOVE the colors and captain. But oh well, keep playing hard guys! I'm rooting for you on all your matches except when it's against us :P

Hello bracket buddies! Looks like we're in the same bracket for the 3rd time :laughingsmiley:

I still remember before I became loyal to MI, I did consider TM as the team for me since I LOVE the colors and captain. But oh well, keep playing hard guys! I'm rooting for you on all your matches except when it's against us :P

well from what i've heard, each year with the bracket system all the teams have a certain "partner team" that goes with them in every bracket. Like, this year, there's Altador + Virtupets and i think Faerieland + Meridell, for example. I guess this year, for Terror Mountain, it's Mystery Island. :p

but thanks for the vote of confidence. we've got a tough bracket this round, huh?

well from what i've heard, each year with the bracket system all the teams have a certain "partner team" that goes with them in every bracket. Like, this year, there's Altador + Virtupets and i think Faerieland + Meridell, for example. I guess this year, for Terror Mountain, it's Mystery Island. :P

but thanks for the vote of confidence. we've got a tough bracket this round, huh?

You're telling me...I'm praying for MT or something for Father's Day. That way I won't feel awful when I barely play :P

we have Shenkuu today, a team whose scores are within our grasp. let's try and get some more green!

our only real chance with MT is in YYB....we can't touch their sidegame scores right now.

Wow, I'm impressed with everyone's number of plays! I'm gonna try to max out on SOSD today. :D

every little bit helps! I'm sure Prytariel and Co. appreciate it :p

Ello, Bagel! :D

@AgJu, teach me your ways! So many games played...I just kinda zone out to SOSD and get there lil by lil...

well....it's no big secret. I don't have school or a job during the Summer and i'm quite introverted so i stay home a lot...that gives me a lot of time to dedicate to the tourney, if i so choose.

YYB isn't a big deal. It's only 68 games in a day, which takes about 3 hours. If you notice, each time you score a goal, eight seconds are shaved from the clock; if you're able to score a lot of goals, and you quickly skip through all the animations, YYB takes less than 3 minutes. SOSD, you can stop the game and submit a one-goal score. If you're quick about it, that can be maxed out in less than 90 minutes.

SS and MSN are the only problems. SS isn't so bad and you can check on other things real quick while waiting for customers to build up. You can take a nice slow jog through it compared to the quick and frenetic pace of playing the other games. Only problem is, it does take a while; getting the minimum score takes about the same amount of time as a game of YYB and trying for high scores can run over 5 minutes per game. MSN, it's quick, but it can hurt you AND your keyboard smashing out those games up to hundreds of times a day (nevermind actually playing through the whole 30 seconds each time).

there's a commonly known strategy though that speaks of doubling up on one of the longer games (YYB or SS) with one of the faster games (SOSD or MSN). I've been doing that this year with SS/MSN...i start a game of SS, go play four quick games of MSN, come back to SS to deal with any customers that have built up, switch over to play four more quick games, and then finish the game of SS. That's 8 games of MSN per 1 game of SS. It can be mind-numbing, especially when watching the side-counter tick up bit by bit but i get around that mental hurdle by thinking of things in sets: instead of looking at it as 1-and-8, 1-and-8, 1-and-8, i look at it as 5-and-40, 5-and-40....doesn't change how long it takes but it makes me feel like i'm making better progress, gives me a set mindframe, and makes things slightly less mind-numbing. :p

maxing out though is mostly for the rank and prize shop points. it'd probably be better in the long run for Terror Mountain if a person played for score. I'm gonna start doing that next year....i've done crazy ranking the last few years and i feel like i don't have anything left to prove so i'm gonna let up a bit in the future. I'll still shoot for All-Star and try to get a lot of prize shop points, but i'm not gonna do a "quad max everyday" thing like i'm doing this year...

You're doing the best though, so whatev it is--it's working! I maxed out on SOSD just a bit ago. I'M SO DRAINED! I tried your strategies and felt kiiiiiinda sane. LOL. WHEW. It's bed time!

P.S. We swept Altador! YAYYYY!!! -feels accomplished-

yeah i definitely wouldn't recommend it for everyone. :p

it's good that we swept Altador and i think we can do well against Faerieland...it's the other teams i'm worried about

It didn't take me much effort to get to Rank 10 since I worked so hard last nite...but now I have a question. Do you know what the min score for SS is? I saw on the Absolute page that it's 285 but on JN they say 270. I've been submitting 270s wondering if it's enough...

i've always thought it was 285 and only submit around that point....a good way to check is the ranking thing on the Altador Cup coliseum page (down there where your counter is, below the bracket rankings)....click on your rank tab and check your numbers for the next rank. go play SS and try for a score of 270....if that's the minimum, it'll count towards your rank up by Neopets standard. if it doesn't get you any closer to the next rank, then it's 285