Neoquest II

missmadiemay

Hi all!

Could someone direct me to an in-depth Neoquest II guide? I was following one a few weeks ago, but now I can't seem to find it. I'm banned from restocking right now so I figure I may as well continue with this loooooooooooong process. I can't find a good guide anywhere.

Honestly I like using these NT articles - they're designed for insane but they make the other 2 levels go by easily as well. The only downfall is they will only get you through Terror Mountain.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=4528&issue=162

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=483627&week=431

I found Jellyneo to be helpful as well because of the maps.

http://www.neopets.com/~camarilly

^^ I used this one my first time through. It is okay but a little wordy. The others are definitely better.

good luck in nqII. am currently working on it, myself. i enjoy it more than i thought i would, but it takes forever..

Forever is an understatement. :laughingsmiley:

Good luck with it! (I got bored and gave up. For the fourth time. :rolleyes_anim: )

How long did it take me?

Your Normal difficulty best time: 679 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes, 14 seconds.
Your Evil difficulty best time: 1328 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes, 52 seconds.

I'll play in decent chunks for a while, and then I'll let it sit dormant for months at a time, once I'm bored or real life intervenes. (I'm working on insane now.) Just make sure you check in on your game at least once a year, or it will be purged (which just happened to me with my NQI game). Just pick two easy-to-remember dates (your birthday, Christmas, New Year, etc.) and check in during that time -- set a reminder on your electronic calendar, so you never lose your game.

I've tried the "just play one level a day" route, but a level starts to take too long later on. Sometimes it helps me to have the goal to finish the current world (or part of the world), and then let myself have a break after I do that part. It's better not to think about how long NQII is, really. It's ridiculous. (Looking at the fastest win times, I can't fathom how people achieved them -- did they get any sleep at all? And their computer and connection speed must be 10x mine.)

I think I know the website you used. I used Neoquest Mania, and it is not there anymore. So before it was gone, I copied a walkthrough from there onto Microsoft Word and put it on my website. Therefore, I do not deserve any credit for it, but you can use it I guess. My website also isn't finished yet, so it might not be so good. My website URL is: http://neoquestiihelp.webs.com/neoquest-mania-walkthough.

Good Luck!

I used the maps on IDNQ, as Nymphal posted, and one of their guides (there's about four to choose from on the IDNQ website) and used this brilliant skill points guide which is really easy to follow and works for the whole game http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=65712&week=185

Good luck!!

I used Shoe's NQ Guide, but the maps linked within the guide no longer work so I used this page for maps. I prefered that page to any of the others I tried since I liked the fact that they were all available on a single page. c: Good luck finishing NeoQuest II! I just finished it on normal mode, myself.

I used JN's guide. I literally just finished NQ II about 10 minutes ago. I had left off in Faerieland, and decided to finish. That king Terask sure is annoying, but I tore him a new one and scored myself a nice trophy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used these the following guides for all the NQ II modes. Good luck!

Maps & guide: /~kythalia

Skills set: /~winnie_1964

Good luck to everyone going for NQI and NQII. I am seriously considering trying it but even the Altador Plot tries my patience.

Definitely go for it! :) The Neoquest games are notoriously long but playing a little bit a day helps. There are also many people to chat with as you're playing, particularly on the AC. I really enjoyed the puzzles in the Altador plot and I think the site theme is really nice.

This topic is timely. I've always used IDNQ's maps and guides, and they apparently let their domain expire. Oops. Thanks to everyone who posted guides here; hopefully I can find another set of maps for NQ2 (I'm playing on Insane, and I definitely don't want to mess up)..

This topic is timely. I've always used IDNQ's maps and guides, and they apparently let their domain expire. Oops. Thanks to everyone who posted guides here; hopefully I can find another set of maps for NQ2 (I'm playing on Insane, and I definitely don't want to mess up)..

I can't access IDNQ's maps either.

The NQ II maps on /~kythalia are large and very clear.

I hope INDQ gets the domain back! There was so much info on the site and it helped me a lot in NQ I.

I hope INDQ gets the domain back! There was so much info on the site and it helped me a lot in NQ I.

Me as well! One of these days I'm going to get around to playing it on evil... MAYbe insane. It just takes so long. Plus I actually like NQ2 a LOT better!

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO. I forgot to get Velm. I can't get back to the desert. Does anyone know if I will have to finish the whole game without him, or if there will be a point in time to go back??? I refuse to start over. nopenopenopenope

Edited by missmadiemay

Me as well! One of these days I'm going to get around to playing it on evil... MAYbe insane. It just takes so long. Plus I actually like NQ2 a LOT better!

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO. I forgot to get Velm. I can't get back to the desert. Does anyone know if I will have to finish the whole game without him, or if there will be a point in time to go back??? I refuse to start over. nopenopenopenope

How is the game going? I don't think you can go back to get Velm, you'll have to try and finish the game without him. I've read about some players that didn't recruit all the characters and have finished alright. Stock up on potions and good luck!

How is the game going? I don't think you can go back to get Velm, you'll have to try and finish the game without him. I've read about some players that didn't recruit all the characters and have finished alright. Stock up on potions and good luck!

Thanks! I ended up starting over, but I'm already back up to level 33. I was just having to use too many potions in the haunted woods part. I read somewhere AFTER I started over that if you miss a character, you can pick them up at the next rest stop? I'm not sure if that is correct or not. I like NQ2 much better than the first!!

Thanks! I ended up starting over, but I'm already back up to level 33. I was just having to use too many potions in the haunted woods part. I read somewhere AFTER I started over that if you miss a character, you can pick them up at the next rest stop? I'm not sure if that is correct or not. I like NQ2 much better than the first!!

Wow, you're over halfway through the game already! That was quick. :) I always found Haunted Woods to be one of the toughest areas of the game. I remember I lost to the four faeries a few times and fled from Nox once. Velm is my favorite player in the game like so many people I've talked too. You brought up a good question though, I wonder if you can pick up missing players. I'll see if I can find more information. I like NQ II better than the first version too.