Transferring Pets with NC Items on Them...

Dear TDNFers,

I'm sure this will be answered quickly, as I know I have read about it before, more than once, but the answer eludes me and I have been looking for a little while for the answer in the wrong places.

I want to buy some earrings for gypsyboots that cost 50 NC. When Jumpstart took over, they gave out 150 NC for free. They explicitly stated that we may collect this NC on side accounts as well. I only have one side acct, but I collected it anyhow.

I want to use my NC from that account to get the earrings for gypsyboots, but I know that I need a gift box to transfer items. Does that mean if I transfer gypsyboots to my side, purchase the earrings and put them on her, that I may swap her back to my main acct to show them off? Or would the earrings be returned to the side as soon as the transfer takes place?

I'm thinking that NC items stay with the account that purchases them and that my plan is invalid, but I figured I'd ask real quick anyhow. If this won't work I suppose I can just spend the NC on my side neopet, linkd0g the Lupe.

Thanks,

Clueless About NC

Guest Sabs

NC items won't transfer with neopets. The Nc item will be confined with the account you bought it on. The item would remain in your closet during the transfer. I really wish this was possible. :P You'll have to transfer the NC item with a NC gift box.

But does the gift box also cost NC? What a scam, lol. But I get it. I'm sure they don't want people buying NC items from people with NP and messing with price inflation/"scalping" type stuff and all that.

I suppose linkd0g can have some spoiling for once, since he's highly neglected due to me never needing to get on my side for any purpose.

You can get them for "free" when you buy a Neocash card. If you don't have access to those, then there is an option to buy some once a month with the Gift Box Capsule.

Depending on how old your account is, you may actually have one. They gave them away as a freebie at a certain time period... BACK IN THE DAY!

Thanks for the clarification guiz! I doubt I got any free gift boxes back in the day because I was prob on hiatus. NC stuff is pretty new to me since coming off of a long hiatus in January. I haven't been able to bring myself to spend real money on something that isn't tangible but the more I get into customization the more tempting it's starting to be...

My birthday is in June, maybe I can canoodle some NC out of the occasion. (:

------

EDIT: So some kind random Neopian sent me the earrings gypsyboots wanted in a gift box and they look marvelous on her. I have never just randomly gotten something I wanted out of a kind act. I am very happy. :)